Remington 870 tube extension

Yes Remington Factory,costs a little more than off brands but  resale value is almost one hundred percent.  FYI Police Magnum and older Wingmaster will accept it but Express Models will not as they have a dimple preventing it. You can dremel it but you have now altered the gun and voided the warranty.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Will said:

You can dremel it but you have now altered the gun and voided the warranty.

Does “Remington” really even have a warranty anymore?

https://www.remarms.com/support/firearm-warranty-information/

RemArms LLC has elected not to provide any written-warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. Firearms returned to RemArms for service will be evaluated to determine if services will be provided at a fee or free of charge.”

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally ordered an extension from Choate. Optics Planet had a good price but shipping was slow. 

Does anyone have an opinion on which follower I should use? One review said they had feeding issues wit the Choate follower. 

The difference in spring length is crazy. 

Sorry for the foot pic. 🙂

IMG_20230505_140932281.jpg

IMG_20230505_141223424.thumb.jpg.09cd263d0f2907fa070b01d60d73b4ca.jpg

Edited by Erik88
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread again for help. I installed the extension, new spring and follower over a week ago and I'm having issues.  I can't get more than 6 shells in most of the time. Once I got 7 to load. I have tried removing and reinstalling everything 3 times. It feels like the spring is getting bound inside the tube. It's clearly supposed to hold 7 so I bought the right one. I've also tried using the old follower but that made no difference. 

I don’t know how old your police magnum is, but a lot of newer ones had a dimple on the magazine tube that will bind a spring when used with an extension. Also, most 870s had a four shot magazine tube and not a five. 

On 5/19/2023 at 5:36 AM, Erik88 said:

Bumping this thread again for help. I installed the extension, new spring and follower over a week ago and I'm having issues.  I can't get more than 6 shells in most of the time. Once I got 7 to load. I have tried removing and reinstalling everything 3 times. It feels like the spring is getting bound inside the tube. It's clearly supposed to hold 7 so I bought the right one. I've also tried using the old follower but that made no difference. 

I picked up a factory 3 round extension, but the spring felt like you said, binding. I used a small bit of lube inside the tube and it helped a good bit. I was able to get all 7 rounds into the tube with space for about 1/2 a round. Pump cycling was good.

So try small bit of lube.

• 2 weeks later...