Seeking information!

14 minutes ago, bigun said:

I like it. Been a member for a few years now. They do a lot of work locally聽

Thanks bigun. I have been getting emails from them and read some of them and I was just wondering about joining them.

44 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I鈥檓 a life member of the NRA, but I鈥檓 not giving them another dime until they straighten up their act. When the solicitors call, I always tell the. This. They act like I鈥檓 not the first one who鈥檚 told them that.

Precisely how I feel as well.

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I鈥檓 a life member of the NRA, but I鈥檓 not giving them another dime until they straighten up their act. When the solicitors call, I always tell the. This. They act like I鈥檓 not the first one who鈥檚 told them that.

I quit them several years ago but they never had my number when I was a member. Listening to other people talk about the calls that's one of the best decisions I ever made. E-mail can get annoying but deleting is better than a phone ringing.

TFA is a fine organization working hard to protect our rights here at home. I can't even remember how long I've been a member. At least 25 years as best I can recall.聽馃憤

I'm still a member of the NRA. I'm not at all happy with their current state, but I do still pay my annual dues. However, I won't give them one penny more until LaPierre is gone and they straighten up. I keep my membership because they are still the big boys on the block and because the politicos and antis are watching the membership numbers decline. That could affect their influence in Washington.聽

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm still a member of the NRA. I'm not at all happy with their current state, but I do still pay my annual dues. However, I won't give them one penny more until LaPierre is gone and they straighten up.

Amen.

• Like 1
On 3/31/2023 at 3:58 PM, gregintenn said:

A year ago, about that anyway, I had a5 minute or so conversation with of the solicitors. He was a fairly nice guy. Listened to all I told him about the LaPierre issues. He very politely asked if I'd reconsider my stance and donate to become a Benefactor Member. I told him no. I would not donate as long as Wayne and his cronies were running the show.聽 After a brief silence...he actually told me he understood and agreed with my comments. I hope he wasn't fired over that.

4 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Well as of an hour ago I am now a paid member of the TFA organization. I took the advice of all the members here. Thanks to all of the replies I received.

Thank you for helping support our rights.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Thank you for helping support our rights.

They are my rights also. I grew up in Illinois to age 16 when my Mother and Father became the proud owner of my Grandfathers Ranch/Farm of a little over 2000 acres. He was getting to old to run it so he gave it to his only child which was my mother. Now back to Illinois, I grew up hunting and fishing from about age 8 and had a buddy that I hunted with till we moved and I got my first 4.10 shotgun at age 9 and I rabbit hunted and squirrel hunted and we ate everything I killed. My mother was a great cook. At age 11 I got a 20 gauge pump gun and began bird hunting along with everything else. We lived in a small town out in the farm country and all the farmers let us hunt their land. We live in the country but would walk to town and eat lunch in a meat and 3聽 my mother cooked at and buy ammo while there and most times we took our guns with us and hunt on the way back home and nothing was ever thought about it. The police would wave at us if they saw us.

聽 聽 I still keep in touch with my hunting buddy I hunted and fished with and He said if he knew what was going to happen to Illinois He would have moved to Kentucky long ago as he has family there. I was shocked when I heard he had sold his collection of Winchester Model 12 Pumps. He had 24 of them in every grade and gauge. He quit shooting trap and skeet and hunting 12 years ago. He has his Stevens 311 double for house protection and a Ruger Black Hawk too. He said it got impossible to find a place to hunt so he just quit.聽

聽 聽When I first moved down here I would have a rifle and shotgun in the back window of my pickup at school. Would go hunting after school. I would never try that today. So like I said, TFA is fighting for my rights also.

I will shut up now!!!

• Like 1