Temporary Ban from the Marlin Owner’s Forum

So apparently you can’t comment on AI taking control being not much different than Republicans or Democrats taking control, since control is control, then make the comment that you just don’t really care because you are about out of Fs to give with out getting a 3-day ban from the forum. 

I’m guessing it is the last comment that was the “Forum Rule” broken.  Though I don’t know what wrong with the letter F.

Well now it is a month ban, not three days. Dang they have thin skin for a bunch of folks who will spout right-wing conspiracy BS. 

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

their Response to my inquiry regarding the ban

”While we are not required by our Terms of Use to provide specifics, your last post was rather vulgar. You may wish to appeal in a few weeks after things have cooled down.”

my response to them 

I want to understand what was so wrong. There is actually nothing in the terms regarding “Vulgarity” only to be  “considerate of the expectations and sensitivities of others” Who is the judge there?  Did a member complain? Or did a moderator do it?

So, folks can start a thread about a school shooting (a school that my family has been a part of for 15+years) and spout all kinds of conspiracy theory mumbo-jumbo, and that is fine. The thread using the events at The Covenant School to spout Right Wing theories was very bothersome to me. I had to refrain from responding and I stopped following the thread. I lost friends that day. However, I did not complain about it. 

But I make a comment that I’m a little fed up with things, I don’t say anything vulgar (Since when is the letter F vulgar). You assumed (or someone assumed) I what I meant. But in actuality, that letter could have represented anything. Have you never heard the phrase “not giving a flip”?

My last question is regarding the length of the ban. The email said it would be reinstated on 2023/04/07. The site says May 4. Why the change from 3- days to a month?

Thank you,

Edited by Snaveba

Based on your side of the story it does sound they're being over-sensitive. I've seen far worse language used on gun forums and tolerated. However, saying the "F" did NOT stand for what a reasonable person would most likely think it stands for isn't the viable defense you think it is any more than replacing one letter with an asterisk. 😄

39 minutes ago, BigK said:

Based on your side of the story it does sound they're being over-sensitive. I've seen far worse language used on gun forums and tolerated. However, saying the "F" did NOT stand for what a reasonable person would most likely think it stands for isn't the viable defense you think it is any more than replacing one letter with an asterisk. 😄

I didn’t technically say the F did not stand for what they inferred, I just said it could have just as easily stood for another word. And as such, it was their interpretation they made it “vulgar”. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I didn’t technically say the F did not stand for what they inferred, I just said it could have just as easily stood for another word. And as such, it was their interpretation they made it “vulgar”. 

F them and their vulgar minds LOL

• Haha 3

Hmmm. I must be doing something wrong/right? I've never gotten a ban. Just the usual deletition of a post because I "Violate Community Standards."

I really didn't know FB had any standards. Truely. Just read posts and replies on any number of things. And where's the violations for language on many of these ridicilous videos?

Well aren’t things just getting special out there!  I want to say more.  At this point I’m actually percolating & frothing at the mouth a bit.  Sometimes there is just not enough asterisks and redactions available for me to express myself.  Remember the 1A? Wasn’t the 2A supposed to help protect even that to a degree?  They manufacture division for personal gain.  They take away face to face fellowship & sharing.  They lock us behind screens to have non-private conversations where they can further control any narrative, perception of truth, or true liberty.  Anybody else tired of this yet?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Strange as it may seem, I got temporarily banned from the Henry forum for alluding to the 2A.  I made it a permanent one.

Sad state of affairs when you can get banned from a gun forum for mentioning the 2A. 

• Like 4

I got banned from a foster care page for pointing out someone was being very racist. I was told white men were not allowed to have such opinions. I found that ironic. 

I would basically find all the information I could on a foster family when they asked. I freaked some of them out when in messaged them with what I found and how I found it. 

• Like 1

I've been put in "Time Out" a couple of times at big blue over the years. Got my hand slapped and given a few days off. 🙄

And it always boils down to the same thing.  I post something that I think is absolutely hilarious and they get upset about it. They just can't appreciate my sense of humor. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1