Furniture prices

The wife and I are out today and she wanted to shop for a bedroom suite we have not replaced ours in 10 years  We went in looking around. a sales man  came over introduced himself and offered us a glass of wine I knew we were in the wrong place  After pricing a bedroom suite the wife liked   it came to a little over 7;000 dollars I know everything has gone up but. WOW    at those prices I need hard liquor not wine lol  wife loved it  I was a little traumatized  however. did I mention this was veneer over wood   Done with rant now taking meds       Happy Good Friday 

• Haha 6

Furniture prices are maybe more overinflated than clothes…by design.

Anyone ever wondered why furniture stores are perpetually having “ going out of business sales”?  They’re not losing money.  There is at a minimum 100% markup, probably more these days.

Gotta play hardball with those people.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2

My daughter says everyone knows mattress stores are fronts for the mob...

In seriousness, Look to see if the place has 5 years no interest or something. I always use that and pay it off in 58 months. Not a discount up front, but really is over the 5 years. 

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Garufa said:

Furniture prices are maybe more overinflated than clothes…by design.

Anyone ever wondered why furniture stores are perpetually having “ going out of business sales”?  They’re not losing money.  There is at a minimum 100% markup, probably more these days.

Gotta play hardball with those people.

Yep.  We had to get a new couch about a year ago. Furniture stores seem to do most of their business with these high rent interior design groups who decorate the McMansions popping up everywhere. I'm sure those designers are getting a big price cut based on the volume they move. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Sleep profit said:

The wife and I are out today and she wanted to shop for a bedroom suite we have not replaced ours in 10 years  We went in looking around. a sales man  came over introduced himself and offered us a glass of wine I knew we were in the wrong place  After pricing a bedroom suite the wife liked   it came to a little over 7;000 dollars I know everything has gone up but. WOW    at those prices I need hard liquor not wine lol  wife loved it  I was a little traumatized  however. did I mention this was veneer over wood   Done with rant now taking meds       Happy Good Friday 

It's too bad that ole Fatty Fleming's not still around.  They had a going out of business sale for 50 years ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, No_0ne said:

It's too bad that ole Fatty Fleming's not still around.  They had a going out of business sale for 50 years ...

GD Partee Fleming and that little ####, lol.  

My family was in the Memphis furniture business growing up.  

5 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

Never found anything i want a price i'm willing to pay at DT McCall. I always hear of people landing some amazing deal. never once actually seen it. And yes, I've been often

Make ‘em an offer. They will wheel and deal….or at least they used to.

Last time I bought anything new was about 3 years ago I bought a new pillow top mattress and box spring and I was at someplace a buddy took me to.  Anyway when I settled on a set the guy gave me a price of $299.00 + Tax. I pull two 100.00 bills and a 50.00 dollar out of my pocket and said that was all I had to spend and he said I will be right back. When he got back he said if I would pay the tax we had a deal and I looked at my buddy and said lets go. Before I got to the front door I got them for $250.00 out the door. The name of the company is American Freight and they are in Goodlettsville.