Tactical Gun Collection

Hey, gang,

I've decided to offload the majority of my arsenal.  After being in the gun world for twenty years and working at multiple gun shops, I've accumulated quite the arsenal.  I have medical and credit card bills that need to be paid and, frankly, I have more guns than I'll ever shoot.  I've pared off a selection that I'll be hanging onto but, in all honesty, most of these have hardly seen more than one range trip.  They don't eat, they don't rust, they've been taken care of, but they are "collecting dust".  I'll post them below and then you can either message me or text me for pictures.  It's too much to post all of the pics.  The prices are based on my fair market research and most come with accessories and upgrades, but they are negotiable (some only a little; others more so).  I'm not looking to rip anyone off, nor am I looking to give them away.  You guys know the drill.

Thanks for your time,
--J
615-300-3074

PS: I'm not interested in any trades and all sales need to be local with proof of valid TN photo ID.

Main Battle Rifles:

5) Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM II in a "Tanker" configuration w/upgrades (National Match trigger pack, Sadlak oversized mag release, fresh Tritium XS front sight, several 20-round mag and one 25-round mag, all magazines fully loaded with 7.62 NATO): $2000
7) Imbel Gear Logo StG-58 FAL w/extras and LNIB Trijicon Accupower 1-8 power red illuminated MIL-DOT scope (several 20-round mags and two 30-round mags, DSA X-Treme Duty Scope Mount, set of scope rings, Burris 34mm single piece scope mount, original StG parts, fabricated folding charging handle): $3000
Edited by LEANDER
Updated list and extras for items
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Moderators

⚠️ Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers ⚠️

This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO.

• Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with.   Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete.  Your experience will help others.

• Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun!  None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction.  They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns.  DON'T DO IT.

• Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO.  Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye.

The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link.  Everyone should read them at least once!

~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~

4 hours ago, RED333 said:

Just a WAG, not correct handed?

It is correct-handed, in that it is right handed.  No southpaws in my collection.  Hope that's a good thing.  The Savage 111 is a factory gun that has been dead-nuts for me in my deer killing days.  I've pulled off some impressive shots with it in the handful of years that I've had it.  However, I don't hunt like I used to anymore and I have a .308 bolt gun that I use now, so it's just kind of an odd bird in the flock.  But I have zero complaints about the Savage.  The whitetail with the blown out hearts, on the other hand, might complain.... ;)

• Like 1

BTW, I consider this collection to be "solid mid-tier".  Nothing uber fancy, but no trash either.  I wanted firearms that were worthy of depending my life upon but weren't needlessly fancy.  Many items were new when I purchased them or like new, with the box or case.  All have been gently used by me, never abused, never modified.  A few can also come with range bags and most of the MBRs and ARs/AKs come with multiple magazines, which can remain loaded for the asking price.

Accumulating a collection is fun and it builds over time (we all have the sickness of gun addiction).  But I turned 40 on Good Friday this year and suddenly had an epiphany that I could theoretically live happily with one MBR, one AR, one shotgun, one bolt action rifle, one Glock, and maybe one 1911 and snubnose revolver, plus the inherited antiques that I'll never sell.  I've been told this is a "gentleman's collection", which is flattering but probably not as fancy as it sounds.  Everything I own has the potential to be a life-saving workhorse; even the FrankenAR has a 12.5" DD barrel, full billet lower, CMC flat-faced 3.5 lb trigger, Trijicon MRO, Red Jacket Firearms brake, and VTAC sling.  It's far smoother-shooting than my DD Mk18.  But I have this romantic idea of entering my middle-age with a respectable but modest collection of firearms and no stress on finances.

Once upon a time I aimed to build "minuteman packages" with a rifle, shotgun and handgun in a range bag with the intention of handing them off to family and neighbors, should the end of the world come.  I accomplished that, and then the apocalypse never came.  Now I'm sitting on a small fortune.  I help teach classes at a private gun club and house most of the firearms for use as rentals (though no one has ever rented any of them).  But even if the apocalypse kicked off, I can only shoot one or two at a time and conceivably don't have a use for this many.  Plus, I'm not looking to prove anything or show off a collection in a "man cave" or anything.  I'm just a citizen who loves guns, like most other people.  I've had my fun with them, loved them, and now they can move on to bless the next person who needs them far more than I do.

I won't take a loss but I think everyone can still win.  And if it doesn't work out, we can always reassess down the road.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, LEANDER said:

BTW, I consider this collection to be "solid mid-tier".  Nothing uber fancy, but no trash either.  I wanted firearms that were worthy of depending my life upon but weren't needlessly fancy.  Many items were new when I purchased them or like new, with the box or case.  All have been gently used by me, never abused, never modified.  A few can also come with range bags and most of the MBRs and ARs/AKs come with multiple magazines, which can remain loaded for the asking price.

Accumulating a collection is fun and it builds over time (we all have the sickness of gun addiction).  But I turned 40 on Good Friday this year and suddenly had an epiphany that I could theoretically live happily with one MBR, one AR, one shotgun, one bolt action rifle, one Glock, and maybe one 1911 and snubnose revolver, plus the inherited antiques that I'll never sell.  I've been told this is a "gentleman's collection", which is flattering but probably not as fancy as it sounds.  Everything I own has the potential to be a life-saving workhorse; even the FrankenAR has a 12.5" DD barrel, full billet lower, CMC flat-faced 3.5 lb trigger, Trijicon MRO, Red Jacket Firearms brake, and VTAC sling.  It's far smoother-shooting than my DD Mk18.  But I have this romantic idea of entering my middle-age with a respectable but modest collection of firearms and no stress on finances.

Once upon a time I aimed to build "minuteman packages" with a rifle, shotgun and handgun in a range bag with the intention of handing them off to family and neighbors, should the end of the world come.  I accomplished that, and then the apocalypse never came.  Now I'm sitting on a small fortune.  I help teach classes at a private gun club and house most of the firearms for use as rentals (though no one has ever rented any of them).  But even if the apocalypse kicked off, I can only shoot one or two at a time and conceivably don't have a use for this many.  Plus, I'm not looking to prove anything or show off a collection in a "man cave" or anything.  I'm just a citizen who loves guns, like most other people.  I've had my fun with them, loved them, and now they can move on to bless the next person who needs them far more than I do.

I won't take a loss but I think everyone can still win.  And if it doesn't work out, we can always reassess down the road.

I like your thinking. But you're only 40?!?! Way too young to be this fatalistic. I got  quite a few years on you, and have begun to think your way. I've accumulated a modest collection, nothing really rare, but things I've liked.

No kids, and few of my family have an interest if buying me out. So I as I get prepared...many will leave me. Like you, a few sentimental pieces and favorites, but most need to leave. Suprisingly, the favs tend to be 45 and 22. That's strange for an old coot who didn't buy a 1911 until I was 40.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, hipower said:

I like your thinking. But you're only 40?!?! Way too young to be this fatalistic. I got  quite a few years on you, and have begun to think your way. I've accumulated a modest collection, nothing really rare, but things I've liked.

No kids, and few of my family have an interest if buying me out. So I as I get prepared...many will leave me. Like you, a few sentimental pieces and favorites, but most need to leave. Suprisingly, the favs tend to be 45 and 22. That's strange for an old coot who didn't buy a 1911 until I was 40.

Same.  No kids and not married (yet).  It's really more of an issue that I have more guns than I could ever train on effectively.  I love my collection but I'm sitting on resources when I need a certain amount of cash flow to dig myself out of a hole (last year was expensive: dog got sick, I got sick, we needed a new A/C unit...just "life").  I don't like the idea of liquidating my assets because I'll probably miss them in a few years but at my current rate of pay, I'd have to dip pretty deep into my emergency fund to get air at the surface.

Trust me, I like the idea of having two FALs, two OA-93s, two sequential serial number Beretta TX4 Storms, and two SPAS-12s, but what good are they doing just sitting in darkness?  Accruing value?  Yeah sure, but once you factor in the rate of inflation, it's not as dramatic as the raw numbers make it seem.  Think about what $3K could've bought you a few years ago vs. what $3K could buy you NOW.  Crank it up to $6K and think about what that could buy you now vs. what $3K could buy you a few years ago.  I wish I could say that guns were a solid investment but they're not the end-all-be-all of interest-gathering resources.  But they are cool, they are meaningful, they are useful, and they lend some serious street cred and bragging rights.  I don't know anyone who has two SPAS-12s.  And that's cool.  But at what cost?

Life is a game of breaths and inches.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, JKGlock17 said:

all i ever wanted to do, since i was about 8 and i first saw a SPAS 12, was to hold one maybe even shoot one. Neither have ever occured and you own 2 of them. Bruv that is awesome! Good luck on your liquidation of incredibleness LOL 

Just food for thought, but I have access to a private gun club where we do single day courses, one of which is a Retro Course that includes shooting an FAL, a SPAS-12, and an OA-93.  Bring your own ammo and we can make it happen.  Message me through here or text me.  It's about a 45-minute hump out there from my place in Spring Hill but the price of the class lets you shoot all day on a 100-yard Coliseum-style flat range (360*) as well as a 700-yard long gun range.  The SPAS-12 is mean and cool.  Heavy and awkward (there was a video once of me showing Shawn Ryan how to run one after I found it for him, but it never aired because he hated it LOL).  But it has a certain charm to it, like an old manual Chevy or a typewriter; cool, vintage, outmoded, but loveable...perhaps because of its flaws as much as in spite of them.

3 hours ago, 1meanchevy said:

This is the coolest for sale thread I've ever read on any gun forum , lots of cogent talk about the hobby. Glad to see I'm not the only one . GLWS op, you have/had a cool collection . 

Thanks, amigo!  That's very high praise.  I'm honored by your kind words.

I constantly go back-and-forth about liquidating the collection.  On one hand, money is money and it comes and goes (the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away).  On the other hand, it's a lot of stuff that I'll never shoot enough to fully maximize their potential.  I just don't have enough time and ammo.

I have this romantic idea of having two or three guns and being that "lone samurai on the rode" or a knight errant...but the reality is you need a few to be a well-rounded shooter.  Despite my ruthlessness here, I still have a list of probably a dozen firearms I'm not selling, half of which are antique family heirlooms owned by deceased relatives.  So you never TOTALLY achieve the "cool John Wick loner" dream...but a man can get close (just don't ask me to be an expert at Center-Axis Relock!).

• 1 month later...

Some pics.

Sig M400 VTAC Gen 1 FDE with Sig Romeo 5, FDE range bag, VTAC sling, and six mags.

SPAS-12 w/red grip insert.

SPAS-12 and Imbel M444 FAL with Trilux (two pics).

Remington 870 Wingmaster 12GA.

Colt LE6940 with Manta Rail Covers, Trijicon SRS01, Blue Force Gear 2-point sling, KAC fore-grip, and Streamlight TLR-1.

OA-93 with black nylon soft case, single-point sling, and two-mag coupler.

OA-93 with grey plastic, single-point sling, and Trijicon MRO (also will come with two mags).

sig m400 vtac 2.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3757.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

On 7/27/2023 at 8:16 AM, redtailracing said:

Man I want one of them clever girls but just a little too rich for me at the moment with too many other builds to finish. Will follow this thread in the event I can justify it a little more down the road. 

You should know that those SPAS-12s have doubled in price over the past two years.  In another two years, I wouldn't be surprised if they go for $10K.  On Gunbroker right now, they are going for $7-8K before tax, TICS, and S/H.

1 hour ago, LEANDER said:

You should know that those SPAS-12s have doubled in price over the past two years.  In another two years, I wouldn't be surprised if they go for $10K.  On Gunbroker right now, they are going for $7-8K before tax, TICS, and S/H.

Oh they've more than doubled. I remember pre-Covid seeing these things for as low as $1200, maybe close to $2k for mint condition. But I just can't justify it at the moment, as much as I'd like to. 

• Like 1