Henry enters the revolver market

Grayfox54

Well the general consensus of the three firearms related sites I frequent is that it's very ugly and very overpriced.聽 It's not just you all here, at Tngunowners, saying that.

There are a few that are publicly saying that they will pony up for one, but they seem to just be Henry fanboys.

I do think they were aiming for a Colt Lightning semi-look alike or maybe a High Standard Sentinel, just like the Homesteader is a semi-look alike of the Winchester Mdl 03.聽 Henry seems to like to do that. Put their spin on the esoteric look of older designs.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Moped said:

There are a few that are publicly saying that they will pony up for one, but they seem to just be Henry fanboys.

I may get whipped for saying this, but I think Henry is one of the most over rated brands out there.聽 Everyone I've handled felt cheap to me and was a substitute for something better.聽 That said, I carried a hunting buddy's Henry in 44 mag, and my Marlin 45-70 guide gun out of a hollow at the same time.聽 (He said if I carried his gun, he would drag out the pig we shot, sounded like a deal to me.)聽 The Henry was much lighter than my Marlin.聽

• Like 2

Upon close inspection & deep reflection I think that Henry has meticulously designed the ugliest modern production revolver out there. 聽Is the price point compensating for the baked in calculation of poor sales for the run? 聽If this were indicative of the wondrous variety and style of firearms today, I think that I would rather collect lost tackle by the lake. (Okay, sure- I鈥檝e done that-but still) 聽It鈥檚 beyond fugly- I could make a dang chart as to why.