Wives, Daughters, Girlfriends Should Always Carry

AuEagle

The sentiment that everyone needs to carry is great and all, but the fact is that some people are more likely to harm themselves or others before they use a gun to defend themselves.  A certain female in my life no longer carries after her lost gun was found loose in a purse, no holster, loose with several pens rolling around.  Said she had too much going on to be concerned about keeping up with a gun.  Come to think of it I can't count on both hands the people I know who don't have any business carrying a gun. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Horrible situation. Had she been armed things might have been different.

Ok, we don't know what started all this. However, the young redhead is being followed, verball abused, and threatened. The first attack was, for me, the beginning of a life threatening situation. After the second attack, I'm pretty sure I'd have drawn my weapon and told them to stop. When it continued...that's the end of being nice for me. Maybe a shot into the ground first. Maybe not. But after the head banging and that young punk body slamming...someone besides me is going to be bleeding. 

Opinions? 

2 minutes ago, hipower said:

Opinions? 

We know nothing about what lead to this assault. Maybe the apparent victim started running her mouth and got in over her head. 

See where I’m going with this?

Trash is trash and if she had a gun what would have happened?  A worse beat down probably.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, hipower said:

Ok, we don't know what started all this. However, the young redhead is being followed, verball abused, and threatened. The first attack was, for me, the beginning of a life threatening situation. After the second attack, I'm pretty sure I'd have drawn my weapon and told them to stop. When it continued...that's the end of being nice for me. Maybe a shot into the ground first. Maybe not. But after the head banging and that young punk body slamming...someone besides me is going to be bleeding. 

Opinions? 

My opinion would get me banned from this forum, and I happen to like it here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 3
2 minutes ago, Garufa said:

We know nothing about what lead to this assault. Maybe the apparent victim started running her mouth and got in over her head. 

Trash is trash and if she had a gun what would have happened?  A worse beat down probably.

I did comment on that not knowing, but, at what point does walking away and then being accosted, hit and threatened, become a situation for an agressive show of force at least, and then self defense measures.

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

Ok, another side to this from me. a worse beating, maybe. But at this point, if I physically can...one or more of the street punks is hurting with me.

Bad attitude? Maybe. But with what I've seen across this county, what I've seen and experienced personally here in Nashville, I'd feel in fear of my life here and be pulling at this point.

Look, I'm old, physically impaired, and can't move quickly. I don't have handicapped tag on my car because I think it puts a target on me and my wife. How easy is it for thugs to watch for a handicapped tag and see who gets into it?

Someone with a cane, walker, or a wheelchair sure can look like and easy target. I'd like to know how many parking lot attack victims had a handicapped tag? It sure doesn't seem to be mentioned on the news reports.

I, and my wife, use the hang tags. They are a pita. Blowing off when your door opens, and at sometimes you/me/we, forget to hang them up.

I'm a good looking enough target now, I don't need more invitation.

I joke around quite a bit. I know it. But I really feel this way about parking lots. And I DO NOT walk on open streets anymore. I don't care if it is my neighborhood.

I am very serious when I say this next thing. I have been targeted in lots. Several times. When someone eyeballs me, and follows even when I turn to look at them, and even as I change course...I feel threatened and react so. Next action on my part is to stop. Maybe move my shirt to get to my pocket. Fake a hanky pull. Whatever. but I will espose the fact that I'm armed. Might even lay a hand on whatever is there.

I've done this twice. One got to within 20 feet or so before stopping and looking hard and nasty at me. Another didn't come as close. Still to close for me.

Edited by hipower

A point of clarification on my comments here. 

Regardless of this, whether the girls are reversed, and it's a white on black situation; NO ONE should be treated this way. My feelings won't change because of the skin color. 

I have, and probably you too, seen videos of teens and young people just going crazy and beating someone. For unknown reasons, this seems to be increasingly seen. I don't want to say "common" but it sure seem to happen with some regularity.

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, hipower said:

Ok, another side to this from me. a worse beating, maybe. But at this point, if I physically can...one or more of the street punks is hurting with me.

Bad attitude? Maybe. But with what I've seen across this county, what I've seen and experienced personally here in Nashville, I'd feel in fear of my life here and be pulling at this point.

Look, I'm old, physically impaired, and can't move quickly. I don't have handicapped tag on my car because I think it puts a target on me and my wife. How easy is it for thugs to watch for a handicapped tag and see who gets into it?

Someone with a cane, walker, or a wheelchair sure can look like and easy target. I'd like to know how many parking lot attack victims had a handicapped tag? It sure doesn't seem to be mentioned on the news reports.

I, and my wife, use the hang tags. They are a pita. Blowing off when your door opens, and at sometimes you/me/we, forget to hang them up.

I'm a good looking enough target now, I don't need more invitation.

I joke around quite a bit. I know it. But I really feel this way about parking lots. And I DO NOT walk on open streets anymore. I don't car if it is my neighborhood.

I am very serious when I say this next thing. I have been targeted in lots. Several times. When someone eyeballs me, and follows even when I turn to look at them, and even as I change course...I feel threatened and react so. Next action on my part is to stop. Maybe move my shirt to get to my pocket. Fake a hanky pull. Whatever. but I will espose the fact that I'm armed. Might even lay a hand on whatever is there.

I've done this twice. One got to within 20 feet or so before stopping and looking hard and nasty at me. Another didn't come as close. Still to close for me.

I completely understand where you’re coming from.  It’s beyond a damn shame that people in this so-called society of ours needs live in fear, especially those that cannot physically or even mentally process daily situations and are in fact targets for the lowest scum there is that are always looking for any easy target.

It really speaks volumes about this country.

As to Goldmember’s post of social media trash, that was obviously in a residential area and I’m sure there is more to the story.  Doesn’t rise to the level of arm all your women.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I completely understand where you’re coming from.  It’s beyond a damn shame that people in this so-called society of ours needs live in fear, especially those that cannot physically or even mentally process daily situations and are in fact targets for the lowest scum there is that are always looking for any easy target.

It really speaks volumes about this country.

As to Goldmember’s post of social media trash, that was obviously in a residential area and I’m sure there is more to the story.  Doesn’t rise to the level of arm all your women.

Yes, I fully agree with you here. Since we didn't know the entirity of the situation, most people react in some specific ways; usually corresponding to their status in so many different areas of life.

I never thought that 2-3 years would have made such a difference in me. Shows that the Lord does have a sense of humor. I prayed for many things for our old age. Not many of them met HIS intentions for us.

I said many times over the course of my 50s...If you want to hear GOD laugh, tell HIM your plans.

But we go forward as we can.

Thank you sir, for being such a person as is able to stimulate me, and others, to thinking and not just automatic reaction. I reall enjoy your posts and comments...well most(lol).

Be safe and vigilant, my friend.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I'll say this, no matter if she ran her mouth, called them racial slurs, or whatever, it does not mean she needed a beatdown from three assailants. 

I am definitely not in the shape I once was, and if one or more try and give me a beatdown, someone is not walking away.  I am armed, and if I become incapacitated, they will then be armed if they are not armed already, so I will not allow myself to become incapacitated if I can help it.  I have this attitude because I know I will not be the aggressor in that kind of situation, I am not one to start fights, and will walk away if I can.  So there is no chance I will be involved in a drunken brawl, specially because I am armed most times.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
22 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Two lessons to draw from this.

1. Nobody can be as cruel as a child.

2. Children are all too quick to become violent. 

Sad, but this is what our society has become. 🤬

Damn! I thought I was being a downer today!

Sadly though, I think I agree very much with these comments.

32 minutes ago, Omega said:

Well, I'll say this, no matter if she ran her mouth, called them racial slurs, or whatever, it does not mean she needed a beatdown from three assailants. 

I am definitely not in the shape I once was, and if one or more try and give me a beatdown, someone is not walking away.  I am armed, and if I become incapacitated, they will then be armed if they are not armed already, so I will not allow myself to become incapacitated if I can help it.  I have this attitude because I know I will not be the aggressor in that kind of situation, I am not one to start fights, and will walk away if I can.  So there is no chance I will be involved in a drunken brawl, specially because I am armed most times.  

Very well expressed, Omega! Very well.

Our wives, girlfriends, moms, daughters, we ALL want them to be aware and interested in their own self protection, whether we're around or not. The problem is THIS, and it's practically insurmountable; if they're not actively INTERESTED, they're just not. You're not going to "show them the light" by reading articles or showing them instances on the news where if this was them, they would have wanted a gun. They care, or they don't (whether they TELL you they do or not!). Many of them have to survive a scary, close call first to wake them up, some won't care even after that. If you have one that cares, teach them, if not, don't force "caring" on them, you'll only push them farther away...

(I thought it went without saying, but; "women are strange")...

Edited by OMCHamlin
7 hours ago, Omega said:

What if she had just....I don't know....shot several 6 year old kids at a school nearby?

39 minutes ago, OMCHamlin said:

Our wives, girlfriends, moms, daughters, we ALL want them to be aware and interested in their own self protection, whether we're around or not. The problem is THIS, and it's practically insurmountable; if they're not actively INTERESTED, they're just not. You're not going to "show them the light" by reading articles or showing them instances on the news where if this was them, they would have wanted a gun. They care, or they don't (whether they TELL you they do or not!). Many of them have to survive a scary, close call first to wake them up, some won't care even after that. If you have one that cares, teach them, if not, don't force "caring" on them, you'll only push them farther away...

(I thought it went without saying, but; "women are strange")...

I've struggled with this for years with my wife.  She is definitely concerned with "self protection" but less so on the armed front.  She can shoot fairly and effectively (that's relative of course) shoot a handgun but has no real interest in getting advanced training either from myself or a third party.  We finally had the conversation of their being certain instances where she does carry and certain ones she doesn't.  Example: I don't want her to be in a situation where she may feel led to employ a firearm in our crowded church on a Sunday morning if the need arose. I'm there as well as many others who can handle the offense.  She doesn't have the training to do that safely and effectively BUT does have a knowledge on what to do in those situations.  She DOES however carry on normal work days and many other instances where there is little chance of that type of collateral damage from a poor decision.  I wish I could convince her to do more but it hasn't happed over 12 years so it probably isn't haha.  

That said, there are MANY MANY people that I have instructed on firearm basics where my end recommendation was for them to not carry until they either practiced a good bit more or sought out training.  I may catch flack for that from some but I don't want my loved ones and friends in a position of a bad shoot or hurting bystanders over a false sense of ability.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Some may call this post "social media trash" but the reality is that attacks like this are increasing rapidly & women & the elderly are more vulnerable.

I encourage anyone to invest the time & resources to get equipment & training for the women in their lives IF they want to get their CCW.

• Like 3