Alabama shooting.

OK. I'll be the one. NPR and no mention of race. I just wonder about this.

It's terrible that this happened. Horrible that Kids were involved and killed/injured. 

I feel and grieve for the loss of life...any life anywhere at anytime. I really do. All life is precious. I offer morning prayer for all involved here.

But...NPR reporting. This causes me a bit of questioning.

34 minutes ago, hipower said:

OK. I'll be the one. NPR and no mention of race. I just wonder about this.

It's terrible that this happened. Horrible that Kids were involved and killed/injured. 

I feel and grieve for the loss of life...any life anywhere at anytime. I really do. All life is precious. I offer morning prayer for all involved here.

But...NPR reporting. This causes me a bit of questioning.

There are several other news networks also covering the story ABC and CNN had reports also.

It was a birthday party. Should have been a fun time. But it appears that an argument started and somebody decided to settle it with a gun. Stupid, stupid, stupid! 🤬 

Sadly, that's the world we live in today. Young people have no value for human life and kill each other for the most trivial of reasons. We have failed as a society. 😪

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

It was a birthday party. Should have been a fun time. But it appears that an argument started and somebody decided to settle it with a gun. Stupid, stupid, stupid! 🤬 

Sadly, that's the world we live in today. Young people have no value for human life and kill each other for the most trivial of reasons. We have failed as a society. 😪

Again, the wisdom of Grayfox54! I want to say the the problem is rooted in Gen Z with a level of disconnect from each-other that is unprecedented in history and brought on by near infinite screen time and “free-range parenting”.  All I really know is that as a people, we don’t seem to SEE each-other anymore or really ever be in the moment.  Ever notice that in any given room of 10 or more people- that someone will be focused on a screen?  There is no situational awareness but also no real interpersonal awareness because so many people don’t come out of their own bubble and share with each-other face to face.  I miss our belief systems that helped hold society in place.  Allowing Religion, Patriotism, Marriage, Community & Hometown Pride to be vilified really shattered our foundation as a better people.  

• Thanks 2

I think that part of the problem is that our judicial system is WAY too easy on people who break gun laws. If the penalties for illegal use of a firearm were enforced to the full extent of the law I think there would be less of this kind of thing. Right now one can get away with lying on a 4470 (Hunter Biden springs to mind!), and criminals get away with very minor punishments. Perhaps if being caught with an illegal firearm landed the criminal in jail for a significant amount of time there would be fewer people engaging in illegal carry. (I'm thinking of those who are prohibited from possessing a firearm, either under-age or those with criminal records.) The penalty for having a firearm during the commission of a crime should require serious time in prison, and for actually using one in a criminal manner should send the criminal away for many years. 

Maybe the Alabama BD party shooter will fall into none of the categories I just mentioned, but I'm for taking drastic measures against CRIMINALS (not law-abiding gun owners) when they use a gun wrongly.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Well, what does the race of the shooter or victims really matter. Being a town in southern Alabama, the racial makeup of the town is probably close to 50/50 white/black. 

Just from the standpoint of most news broadcasts, it appears vital to identify race...especially if cacausian.  It lends more fodder for liberals to scream over.

White man with a gun responsible!!         

FWIW...this is out of sequence and time. I was pulled away from my initial sitdown and typing. 

Wife and my UTI pulled me away. Ok. I've said it.

I'm an old man with UTI. Hurts to pee. Burning pain and pressure afterwards. Yes I got Meds Friday. It's better, but not by much. Another couple days before relief I think.

And no for those who are thinking an STD! LOL! I ain't that kind of guy! Maybe in my 20's...but I learned.

Edited by hipower
3 hours ago, hipower said:

Just from the standpoint of most news broadcasts, it appears vital to identify race...especially if cacausian.  It lends more fodder for liberals to scream over.

FWIW...this is out of sequence and time. I was pulled away from my initial sitdown and typing. 

I'm an old man with UTI. Hurts to pee. Burning pain and pressure afterwards. Yes I got Meds Friday. It's better, but not by much. Another couple days before relief I think.

And no for those who are thinking an STD! LOL! I ain't that kind of guy! Maybe in my 20's...but I learned.

Drink a lot of water…every day.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Drink a lot of water…every day.

I'm sloshing now!  I actually think that I sometimes just don't drink enough for long periods of time. That doesn't help. I'm sure you know the line "I just not thirsty."

Wife is on me about it constantly, As she should be.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, hipower said:

You should check on whether you have Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. I never had a UTI, (as men usually don't get it because of the length of our urethrae), until my prostate grew. I ended up having my prostate operated on to prevent another one, and pee better. After the surgery, I felt like I was pissn' with a fire-hose. 😮

• Like 1

When I get a kidney infection my doctor tells me to drink Cranberry juice instead of water so I always have 3 or 4 bottles of the juice in the house with 1 in the fridge. I don't know that it will help but it can't hurt if you have to drink something.....JMHO

• Like 1

Well I just went and got an update on the BDP shooting in Alabama. Still no one is talking about the shooter and no one will admit they know them. The only update the police have reported is they have only found empty pistol casings and no rifle casings and they are assuming the shooter was black because no one if he was white it would be headlines. They also said that the shooter was in his 20's. 

46 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Pistol (not AR) used and both too young to legally obtain a firearm. So much for red flag  or background checks helping there. 

The police have also arrested a 20 year old and charged him with Murder. I will speculate that the 20 year old bought the guns that were used in the shootings and he was also seen at the party but was not invited nor were the 2 brothers. They have not released a motive yet as the investigation is still ongoing. They used pistols with high capacity magazines and not long guns. Police said that more than 40 rounds were fired.

• Like 1