Holosun EPS Carry Help

I just got a Holosun EPS Carry to replace the 507k on my non-comp Sig P-365XL Spectre.  I've read many horror stories online about thread stripping and I don't want to screw this up.  The box comes with the sight, an RMSC adapter plate and 3 sets of screws.  The screws all come with blue threadlocker on them.  The screws are all different, but seem to be the same length. The differences seem to be in the top part of the screws just before the head.  I didnt want to remove the old optic until I was sure I had what I needed to install the new one.  Holosun's instructions werent clear.  Anyone have suggestions?

• Administrator

You'll use the screws that came with the Holosun.  Only one of the three options will work.

Go ahead and unscrew the 507K.  Don't put the EPS on it yet.  With the optic off, test fit the new screws FINGER tightening only.  Don't even use a torx driver.  Just see which pair threads into the holes on the slide.

I wish I could give you a more accurate answer than that.  I'm running the EPS Carry on my Macro using Holosun's screws, so I know it's one of the three sets.  🙂

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TGO David said:

You'll use the screws that came with the Holosun.  Only one of the three options will work.

Go ahead and unscrew the 507K.  Don't put the EPS on it yet.  With the optic off, test fit the new screws FINGER tightening only.  Don't even use a torx driver.  Just see which pair threads into the holes on the slide.

I wish I could give you a more accurate answer than that.  I'm running the EPS Carry on my Macro using Holosun's screws, so I know it's one of the three sets.  🙂

Thanks, David.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, got the HE507k-Gr X2 unmounted and the EPS Carry mounted on my P-365 Spectre.   I ended up using the mounting plate that was included.  I love the way it is way easier to clean the lenses.  Haven't taken it to the range yet but Im sure it will be fine.  It has the auto sensor on it that auto adjusts the brightness depending on the amount of light out. Now the big decision is whether to adapt the surplus 507 to another gun or sell/trade it on here?  I'm leaning toward selling/trading as the  365 is my edc and just dont carry anything else suitable.  I guess I could get my g45 slide milled and put it on that but i rarely carry it and it would just collect safe dust, lol. Anyone have a need for one?

The Holosun provided screws are not the correct length for all pistols.  If you use the mounting plate, the co-witness of the EPS Carry doesn't match up.  You can either cut/file the screws or order the correct length:

https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/shorter-screws-for-holosun-eps-carry-mrs.438080/

This tool makes it much easier to cut the screws without buggering up the threads:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072TZ6JBG/

Just be careful and not cut off too much.

I was happily surprised to find that the IWI Masada 9S (Slim) provided the correct length screws for mounting the EPS Carry in the box!  

Discovered that the manual for the EPS Carry was wrong in how to enter auto mode.  Found an answer for this inReddit.  Now I think Im good to go.  I do want to test to make sure that is goes to sleep and auto wakes now.  Already had occasion to clean it and this is the way, lol. 

• 3 weeks later...