Why no counter protest

So MDA (Moms Demand Action) fund and organize several large protests and of course the "news" finds "concerned moms" to spread lies on the TV footage but why no counter protests?

Watched Channel 5 put some gal on last night that said "I have to register my car every year but you can go buy guns any time you want with no back ground checks of fees" 

Um, last time I bought one it sure needed a back ground check and $10 fee to the state so that was a bold face lie. Besdies the fact that her car is a priviliege and guns are a right. Sadly, many will believe her.

If I lived closer to Nashville I would have been there. 

We so need a well spoken, well presented group to counter this BS less Tenessee will fall to an anti-gun state.

Edited by DO-TN
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, DO-TN said:

Watched Channel 5

As long as the MSM are giving the details you will always see the other side. I will bet my last dollar you could get 1000 pro 2A folks and just one anti A2 person in front of a MSM camera. The only story that will be on the tube will be the one anti 2A person.

As far as "Why no counter protest" well I have to work, I have yet to find a group that will fund any one for a Pro 2A protest. As well the MSM will show us as "Gun loving nuts".

• Like 2

Because you can't get 10 people to show up at the Capitol in support of firearms rights.

Everybody thinks Tennessee is the Patron State of Shooting Stuff, but in reality none of the skeet shooters, or squirrel, deer or duck hunters, IPDQ shooters, Long Range shooters, silhouette shooters, handgun carriers think it is necessary to take a days vacation to drive to Nashville. 

For 20 years I have been burning my vacation to try and stem the tide of infringement here, and as important as it has been this year, I have been the only one outside of a guy named Tobi Maire, (who by the way is a German Ex Pat on paid duty for T Rex Arms who hurts us far more than he helps).

This from the Day the Director of the TBI said the 2nd Amendment only covered muskets...

Moms.jpg

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Worriedman said:

Because you can't get 10 people to show up at the Capitol in support of firearms rights.

Everybody thinks Tennessee is the Patron State of Shooting Stuff, but in reality none of the sheet shooters, or squirrel, deer or duck hunters, IPDQ shooters, Long Range shooters, silhouette shooters, handgun carriers think it is necessary to take a days vacation to drive to Nashville. 

For 20 years I have been burning my vacation to try and stem the tide of infringement here, and as important as it has been this year, I have been the only one outside of a guy named Tobi Maire, (who by the way is a German Ex Pat on paid duty for T Rex Arms who hurts us far more than he helps).

This from the Day the Director of the TBI said the 2nd Amendment only covered muskets...

Moms.jpg

Ooops!

Edited by E4 No More
  • 5 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 4:53 AM, DO-TN said:

So MDA (Moms Demand Action) fund and organize several large protests and of course the "news" finds "concerned moms" to spread lies on the TV footage but why no counter protests?

Watched Channel 5 put some gal on last night that said "I have to register my car every year but you can go buy guns any time you want with no back ground checks of fees" 

Um, last time I bought one it sure needed a back ground check and $10 fee to the state so that was a bold face lie. Besdies the fact that her car is a priviliege and guns are a right. Sadly, many will believe her.

If I lived closer to Nashville I would have been there. 

We so need a well spoken, well presented group to counter this BS less Tenessee will fall to an anti-gun state.

Because conservatives actually have jobs and don't have the free time to go protesting every 5 minutes like liberals do. 

• Like 2

These protestors are paid and professionally organized, and the media casts them in a positive light.

If pro gun folks went to the capitol and protested, the lead news story would be about an armed insurrection. Do you have any idea how many Jan 6 protestors are still sitting in a jail cell and haven’t yet had a trial?

• Like 2
On 4/19/2023 at 5:04 AM, RED333 said:

As far as "Why no counter protest" well I have to work, I have yet to find a group that will fund any one for a Pro 2A protest. As well the MSM will show us as "Gun loving nuts".

The MSM is not letting this crisis go to waste, nor is your governor, his minions and the Lt. governor. and most of the Senate.

It all depends on what is important to you.  I can tell you that as restorative laws come up in committee, I am normally the only one there in support of the 2nd.

Elsewhere it was mentioned that T-Rex Arms will show up form time to time for a bill that Tobi Maire has written, but to date I find his expat understanding of our language and laws to be lacking depth.  He was of the opinion that it was illegal to carry a shotgun for any reason when he wrote the short barreled rifle and shotgun bill for Rep. Grills a few years back.  It was a nothing-burger as the ATF does not recognize state laws on SBRs.  He is paid by T-Rex and he inserts himself in every instance that he can to whatever degree he can.  His insistence on including carrying by permittees or those under Lee's permitless carry statute on school grounds K-12 killed the latest campus carry bill dead.  His testimony in the Senate Judiciary on that bill was disjointed and ineffective at best and bordering on embarrassing for 2ndAmendment advocates...but hey, at least he is showing up.

I have never been able to get him to understand that the "intent to go armed" clause in our statures is anathema to Liberty.  He insist we must keep it, as I am not an attorney and do not understand the law like he does...

Speaking with a number of legislators who are actually on our side or returning Tennessee to the rights intended by our founders, they say it is disheartening to never see a crowd show up in favor of our bills, while Moms Demand Action show up in droves.

I suggest if you are interested in the future of the ability to keep and bear arms August 21 and 22 (governor Lee's Official Oppression Special Session) are days you should schedule vacation and show up at the Capitol.  I will be there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/23/2023 at 5:49 PM, gregintenn said:

These protestors are paid and professionally organized, and the media casts them in a positive light.

If pro gun folks went to the capitol and protested, the lead news story would be about an armed insurrection. Do you have any idea how many Jan 6 protestors are still sitting in a jail cell and haven’t yet had a trial?

How may were jailed in 2020 in Virginia?
https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-news-richmond-virginia-charlottesville-us-news-2c997c92fa7acd394f7cbb89882d9b5b

On 5/23/2023 at 5:49 PM, gregintenn said:

This.