NASCAR

I use to go to the both Bristol races years ago, but when they "repaved" the track, it ruined Bristol IMO.  I still watch, but don't follow it as much as I used to as all the drivers I followed or rooted for have retired.  LOL

1 hour ago, jpx2rk said:

I use to go to the both Bristol races years ago, but when they "repaved" the track, it ruined Bristol IMO.  I still watch, but don't follow it as much as I used to as all the drivers I followed or rooted for have retired.  LOL

YEP!  They ruined the track when they realigned and repaved it.

I record every Sunday. I haven’t watched today’s race, because I’m binge watching “My Fighting Season”  on Nat Geo on demand. 

I’m currently a fan of the 5 (Larson) car. In the past I in was a fan of the 24. I guess that puts me in the Hendrick camp. I also watch to see what the 23XI team does.  Reddick is clearly the better driver on that team. Bubba seems to be content racing in the middle of the pack or crashing a very good car damned near every week. 

The last time I watched a Nascar race was when the cars still used carburetors. It's been a long time. I remember when Ford started using the early 80s style Thunderbird body. It wss so areo dynamic that it flew up and darn near took flight in a crash. I can't remember whose car did it but those Thunderbird bodies were nice. 

Edited by tercel89
9 hours ago, Links2k said:

I record every Sunday. I haven’t watched today’s race, because I’m binge watching “My Fighting Season”  on Nat Geo on demand. 

I’m currently a fan of the 5 (Larson) car. In the past I in was a fan of the 24. I guess that puts me in the Hendrick camp. I also watch to see what the 23XI team does.  Reddick is clearly the better driver on that team. Bubba seems to be content racing in the middle of the pack or crashing a very good car damned near every week. 

I like Larson and because of my age, Chase Elliott because I always liked Bill.  Larson was shaken after that hit; I've rarely seen the inner roll cage as mangled as it was on his car.  And yes, Bubba AGAIN chose the wrong time to try a block . . . and wrecked.

• Like 1

I stoped shortly after the Dillion Roof thing. NASCAR telling fans not to fly the Rebel flag just because the dirt bag had one was the big reason. Never did think NASCAR would go woke.

I also used to listen on the radio because there was no tv coverage. I never thought I would quit watching. I used to go to both races at the Nashville fairgrounds in the 1970's . I still remember as a kid when Petty won 27 races in 1967. I was sitting right where Bobby Allison took down the fence at Talladega in I think 1986.  I went to four to six races a year. I loved it for a long time. I just quit all at once. I got tired of the traffic, crowds, having to send my money to keep my tickets almost a year in advance, and NASCAR trying to make all the cars equal and none looking like the street cars. I don't think I left it as much as it left me. I could go on and on on this but I figure that's enough.

Edited by -boatman-
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Hozzie said:

I am a Kyle Busch fan which I know many are not, but he is as close to Earnhart as we have had since Tony.

I don't really dislike anyone, but also like Harvick, Logano, and Hamlin.

I'm kind of like you; I don't really dislike anyone.  Kyle is being himself which I respect.

8 hours ago, Luckyforward said:

I like Larson and because of my age, Chase Elliott because I always liked Bill.  Larson was shaken after that hit; I've rarely seen the inner roll cage as mangled as it was on his car.  And yes, Bubba AGAIN chose the wrong time to try a block . . . and wrecked.

After seeing the damage on that roll cage, I was happy it wasn’t on the drivers side.  Bubba is gonna Bubba. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Stop watching or caring 2 years ago after noose gate at Talladega, when bubba cried about a pull rope on his garage stall door, never mine every stall had the same pull rope, Nascar caved, so goodby.

Desert racing is 100x better 

I don’t let stuff like that stress me out or keep me from things I enjoy. I’ll still record the Cup Series every Sunday.  

Desert racing is very exciting. I also enjoy Super Bike and the new Super Motocross brand. They have some very exciting youngsters coming up in 250, and the 450 class is a battle every week.  They may eventually equal the rivalry between James Stewart, Ricky Carmichael and Chad Reed. 

I grew up listening on the radio in the late 70s, and then watching on TV in the 80s and 90s, those were some of the best races back then.  My first real frown on NASCAR came with the restrictor plates, then the speed limit on pit row, but I admit when Earnhardt got killed, NASCAR lost its luster to me.  I have tried to stay tuned in, but its hard.  So many changes, it just does not appeal to me anymore.  I still do watch the big races.    I am probably not the targeted audience today, but I was in the 80s and 90s.  I even tried to stay loyal to the major sponsors back then, but really do not pay attention anymore.  

BTW, I was never a Bobby Allison fan, but it was good to see him and the other  Alabama boys start the race Sunday even though Bobby had his walker.  Time sure does devour everything.......

• Like 2

I am a Kyle Busch and he proved he is a real driver when he crashed at Daytona and missed the next 4 races and NASCAR told him when he came back if he could win 5 races during the rest of the season he could race for the championship that year. He ended up winning 7 more plus he won the Championship that year. I enjoyed watching him race because he reminded me of Dale Earnhart style of driving. It was if I am faster than you and you won't move over and mirror drive me I will move you out of my way and that was the way Kyle drives. I lost interest in NASCAR when they went to this new format they have now and quit watching it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I am a Kyle Busch and he proved he is a real driver when he crashed at Daytona and missed the next 4 races and NASCAR told him when he came back if he could win 5 races during the rest of the season he could race for the championship that year. He ended up winning 7 more plus he won the Championship that year. I enjoyed watching him race because he reminded me of Dale Earnhart style of driving. It was if I am faster than you and you won't move over and mirror drive me I will move you out of my way and that was the way Kyle drives. I lost interest in NASCAR when they went to this new format they have now and quit watching it.

Same here on the new format.  I may have the race on in the background or tape it to watch the parts I want to see, but I HATE stage racing.  So you win a "stage?"  

Is stage racing the response to short attention spans?

• Like 2