ATF Brace Rule News

Good news.  FPC is good people.   Go get their life membership, they earned it.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-statement-regarding-membership

short recap:

LAS VEGAS, NV (May 30, 2023) — Today, Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) issued a statement regarding membership:

On Sunday, May 28, 2023, the Board of Directors of Firearms Policy Coalition made a number of formal changes to the membership structure of the organization. First, the Board granted an Individual Membership to all individual monetary donors of FPC who have supported FPC’s activities through financial contribution(s) of twenty U.S. Dollars ($20) or more from June 1, 2022, through May 31, 2023, inclusive. Those memberships will have an effective date of June 1, 2022, and an expiration date of December 31, 2023, unless the Individual Member renews the granted membership on or before the end of 2023.

This granted membership will ensure that all individuals who supported the work of the organization in the period with a financial contribution of $20 or more are officially recognized by FPC as an Individual Member. FPC will update its membership records accordingly on or about June 1, 2023, and then send a message confirming the granted membership status to all such individuals by email as soon as possible. This one-time donor membership program will not affect the membership term of current FPC members.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, NeXTTime said:

Good news.  FPC is good people.   Go get their life membership, they earned it.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-statement-regarding-membership

short recap:

LAS VEGAS, NV (May 30, 2023) — Today, Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) issued a statement regarding membership:

On Sunday, May 28, 2023, the Board of Directors of Firearms Policy Coalition made a number of formal changes to the membership structure of the organization. First, the Board granted an Individual Membership to all individual monetary donors of FPC who have supported FPC’s activities through financial contribution(s) of twenty U.S. Dollars ($20) or more from June 1, 2022, through May 31, 2023, inclusive. Those memberships will have an effective date of June 1, 2022, and an expiration date of December 31, 2023, unless the Individual Member renews the granted membership on or before the end of 2023.

This granted membership will ensure that all individuals who supported the work of the organization in the period with a financial contribution of $20 or more are officially recognized by FPC as an Individual Member. FPC will update its membership records accordingly on or about June 1, 2023, and then send a message confirming the granted membership status to all such individuals by email as soon as possible. This one-time donor membership program will not affect the membership term of current FPC members.

Their site is not easy to navigate. I can never find how to sign in or if it's even necessary. I can't for the life of me find that life membership link. Do you know how I can find it?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, BigK said:

Their site is not easy to navigate. I can never find how to sign in or if it's even necessary. I can't for the life of me find that life membership link. Do you know how I can find it?

I agree. I looked the other day and could not tell even how to get a regular membership vs just donating. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BigK said:

2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I agree. I looked the other day and could not tell even how to get a regular membership vs just donating. 

2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Yep. This website is terrible. I haven't found the link to renew my membership that lapsed. 

Oddly, I found it under "hotline" at the top of the page. If you're already logged in, it will tell show your name and status, otherwise you get a signup/returning supporter popup.

somehow they've managed to make this more confusing than the NRA page... which is a noteworthy feat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, NoBanStan said:

Here's a side-by-side of that page if you're logged in vs not
image.thumb.png.37e85f25185c7a9d4a2a5e06456f7afe.png

Well if they would make it less like signing up for a newsletter.... 

So signing up is not hand in hand with 'being a supporter'?

Sounds like this was a jackpot win for them with only members covered by the ruling. Maybe they can spend money on a site rework.

1 minute ago, Ronald_55 said:

Well if they would make it less like signing up for a newsletter.... 

So signing up is not hand in hand with 'being a supporter'?

Sounds like this was a jackpot win for them with only members covered by the ruling. Maybe they can spend money on a site rework.

Well, despite the lack of account management section, they certainly aren't short on pages to donate money:
https://secure.anedot.com/firearmspolicycoalition/fpc?amount=25&source_code=donate

https://secure.anedot.com/firearmspolicycoalition/march2023_joingaw?sc=joingaw

https://secure.anedot.com/firearmspolicycoalition/join_the_fpc_grassroots_army?sc=joinfpc

https://secure.anedot.com/firearms-policy-foundation/quick_donate?sc=quick_donate

Also, don't fall into the trap of signing up without paying (yes you can find that along your adventure). That only puts you on the email distro, despite the site saying you're a supporter.

The support page seems to have some better details, it even has a renew link, which seems to be the same as the join link.
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/support

Note for anyone who may do work for FPC: Please, please, please go hire a UX person for a few months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got a e-mail from Gun Owners of America today.  GOA has gotten a federal judge to issue a  preliminary injunction protecting all its members from the brace ban. I'm a long time member as I suspect many others here are as well. 😉

However, I think I'll wait until this plays out in the courts before I put my brace back on. 🙄

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

I have been a member for years.  Thankfully they do better work in the courtroom than on their website.  

That's the important bit right? I do wish they would drop all of the F-bombs they have on the site and their merch though. The grabbers already see us through a certain lens. I would prefer not to feed it when possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I got so annoyed with their website that I still haven't signed back up. There is really no excuse in 2023 to have a website that dysfunctional. Especially when fundraising is key to your existence. 

• Like 2

I'd bet that someone already on their staff has a HS kid that could could create a better website than their current one. The reason it frustrates me so much is because of how many of us want to join, but are having trouble doing so because of their site. Imagine the impact they could have with more money and more members if not for the site.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, hipower said:

For the old fogeys who don't do twitter...what's the bottom line of the article?

Just a video where Joe Biden demonstrates his ignorance and senility.

Edited by Defender
41 minutes ago, Defender said:

Just a video where Joe zBiden demonstrates his ignorance and senility.

In other words, another normal day for Joey "Stumbles" Biden and his clown car of progressives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1