Tucker Carlson out at Fox News!!! (Current Events)

Links2k

Decision to fire Carlson came directly from Rupert Murdoch. Apparently ad revenue from My Pillow, sexual harassment and racism aren’t enough to cover 3/4 of a billion dollars settlements with more on the horizon. 

Check out this article from Commercial Appeal:

Tucker Carlson leaves Fox News in wake of Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/04/24/tucker-carlson-fox-news-departure/11728157002/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/04/24/tucker-carlson-leaves-fox-news/

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/24/tucker-carlson-leaves-fox-news-in-wake-of-dominion-defamation-settlement.html

Edited by Links2k
Added newspaper link
  • Like 2
  • Links2k changed the title to Tucker Carlson out at Fox News!!! (Current Events)
1 hour ago, AuEagle said:

Good spin. That’s news to those who want to believe it, but the Dominion defamation lawsuit is what got Carlson booted.

Rumor is there are a few more election deniers and January 6th inciters at Fox News to be released in the very near future. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Links2k said:

Good spin. That’s news to those who want to believe it, but the Dominion defamation lawsuit is what got Carlson booted.

Rumor is there are a few more election deniers and January 6th inciters at Fox News to be released in the very near future. 

Once Fox settles the Smartmatic suit, they'll almost certainly be facing a stockholder revolt.  I'd guess at least part of the reason for the (supposed) housecleaning is an attempt to head that off ...

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

Once Fox settles the Smartmatic suit, they'll almost certainly be facing a stockholder revolt.  I'd guess at least part of the reason for the (supposed) housecleaning is an attempt to head that off ...

Smartmatic claims they don’t intend to settle with Fox, because they are an international entity and were exposed to more damage, while Dominion was domestic. I’m truly hoping to see a trial this time around. 

Carson will be fine. It’s already trending that he’s a victim of woke media and deep state overseers. It will play well with his fans regardless of the thousands of hours of video of him doing everything Fox claimed they could no longer tolerate. 

I believe Smartmatic will settle for the $2.6 billion if Fox offers it. I watched a documentary about Murdoch and Fox, and he’s never been this uncomfortable and exposed in the other suits the company faced. 

When all is said and done Fox could be destroyed. Their viewers only want a certain type of fear and adrenaline inducing news. 

Edited by Links2k
15 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Smartmatic claims they don’t intend to settle with Fox, because they are an international entity and were exposed to more damage, while Dominion was domestic. I’m truly hoping to see a trial this time around. 

SOP.  The Smartmatic lawyers will make that claim right up until the moment Fox hands over the check ...

• Like 2
12 hours ago, No_0ne said:

SOP.  The Smartmatic lawyers will make that claim right up until the moment Fox hands over the check ...

Looks like he will have to save up a bit before writing the second one.

Fox News Loses Nearly $1 Billion In Value After Firing Tucker Carlson | USSA News | The Tea Party's Front Page.

Edit: For those that will say it is a right leaning link.

Fox News Stock Loses $962 Million in Market Value After Tucker Carlson Exit (businessinsider.com)

Edited by Omega
Add second link
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, No_0ne said:

I have no idea who these two people are, but I didn't make it past the first 5 minutes where they were discussing the hoodie ...

😂😂 

Krystal & Sagaar do some of the best news/political commentary out there. Krystal Ball is a former MSNBC contributor and Sagaar Enjeti used to work for the Daily Caller as a White House press correspondent and actually got his start in political reporting working for Tucker Carlson. If you skip past that bit that was the very opening moments of the show, I think it’s well worth it. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Seems he’s gotten a better job offer that fits his racist, great replacement theory propaganda. Mother Russia wants him to work for them. 
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/tucker-carlson-offered-jobs-russian-state-tv-channels-putin-ukraine-rcna81281

I’m not a Carlson follower and have no idea if he is a racist (he probably is because well, everybody is nowadays), but I doubt he would get along with the Russians.  I would enjoy seeing him host the View, however.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I would enjoy seeing him host the View, however.  

That would be fun. 

How are this guy and Fox News so damned popular if nobody watches his show or their programming?🤔

Edited by Links2k
55 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Seems he’s gotten a better job offer that fits his racist, great replacement theory propaganda. Mother Russia wants him to work for them. 
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/tucker-carlson-offered-jobs-russian-state-tv-channels-putin-ukraine-rcna81281

LOL! Pretty much everything and everyone is racist, no? That must be a miserable existence to only identify with one's skin color.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
58 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

LOL! Pretty much everything and everyone is racist, no? That must be a miserable existence to only identify with one's skin color.

Some people are racist, some people aren’t. Racism is not a boogeyman, it’s a fact!  

Why don’t you post nonsense like this when other members sarcastically talk about people of color?  Because you’re probably extremely comfortable with it, and it goes unnoticed to you. 

If you’re not a racist, why are you so bothered by others being accused of racism? Does it hit too close to home?

Now, if you will, let’s keep all comments about Mr. Tucker Carson allegedly being dismissed from his job, for sexual harassment, RACISM, promoting January 6th, replacement theory, promoting election fraud and talking crap about the boss. 

If you can’t add to or debate the topic, please disappear. I don’t want another thread locked, because you want to play race regulator. 
image.thumb.png.08ff5b4fdfb23c8679b3891b5a794cf7.png

42 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Some people are racist, some people aren’t. Racism is not a boogeyman, it’s a fact!  

Why don’t you post nonsense like this when other members sarcastically talk about people of color?  Because you’re probably extremely comfortable with it, and it goes unnoticed to you. 

If you’re not a racist, why are you so bothered by others being accused of racism? Does it hit too close to home?

Now, if you will, let’s keep all comments about Mr. Tucker Carson allegedly being dismissed from his job, for sexual harassment, RACISM, promoting January 6th, replacement theory, promoting election fraud and talking crap about the boss. 

If you can’t add to or debate the topic, please disappear. I don’t want another thread locked, because you want to play race regulator. 
image.thumb.png.08ff5b4fdfb23c8679b3891b5a794cf7.png

LOL! Is that picture supposed to be a veiled threat? I thought this forum was for discussion. You could always put me on ignore.

Nearly everything you post mentions race in some way. No one else here does that. Only you.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2