What If Rifle...

Moped

I probably wouldn’t even own an AR were it not for .gov officials saying I shouldn’t have one. Because of that, I have quite a pile of em. I’ve always been wired that way. The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can’t do it.😄

• Like 6
36 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can’t do it.😄

DO NOT GIVE ME ANY MONEY, AND DO NOT EVEN ACT YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT GIVING ME $1,000,000.00

😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I probably wouldn’t even own an AR were it not for .gov officials saying I shouldn’t have one.

Yep, me too. I hated the M-16 when I was in the Army and really haven't changed my mind since. But I do have two ARs just because they don't want me to. 

But i wouldn't worry too much about a ban. I'm sure Washington State's ban will be overturned by the courts. And on the off chance that a nation wide federal ban passes, who's gonna enforce it? Very few cops are going to be willing to walk into that disaster. It'll likely start the 2nd American Revolution. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

... And on the off chance that a nation wide federal ban passes, who's gonna enforce it? Very few cops are going to be willing to walk into that disaster. It'll likely start the 2nd American Revolution. 

Didn't they say the same thing last time they banned them? LOL 🤣

Edited by BigK
1 hour ago, BigK said:

Didn't they say the same thing last time they banned them? LOL 🤣

They banned the sale of new guns  Nobody was stupid enough to try to confiscate those already out there. And there are millions of these rifles already in circulation. 

Always remember, its was the British attempt to confiscate the colonist's firearms that started the American Revolution. It could happen again. 

• Like 2
On 4/30/2023 at 8:46 AM, Moped said:

What if we see a nationwide ban on semi-auto sporting rifles like the AR15/AK47, like what Washington State just enacted, in the next several years; what would be the next best self-defense/hunting rifle, in your opinion? What action and caliber would you choose? It probably should be compliant in all 50 states.

I'm interested to see your all's opinions on the rifles, not politics.

I've had that Creed song on repeat in my head since 9/11. That's why there is a pump, lever, and bolt action always loaded and sitting in the front of the safe with the semi's and such. Not that an overnight knee jerk BS ban is gonna make me do anything different but I like options lol.

Edited by FUJIMO
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

They banned the sale of new guns  Nobody was stupid enough to try to confiscate those already out there. And there are millions of these rifles already in circulation. 

Always remember, its was the British attempt to confiscate the colonist's firearms that started the American Revolution. It could happen again. 

Americans weren’t fat, lazy, and stupid in the 1700’s like they are today.

• Like 1

I would have to take a walk to the gun safe for the exact model, guess that tells you how much I shoot it but Mossberg makes a nice bolt gun that takes AR15 mags, that is one of the reasons I bought it.  Much less aggressive looking than an AR 15 or other "nasty black gun" :-) but still takes all my standard magazines. I put a scope on mine.

On 4/30/2023 at 11:50 AM, Moped said:

I actually, have this very rifle.  It's a Rossi M92 in .38/.357 with a 16" barrel. Love shooting it!

Another rifle, I'm actually considering purchasing is a Ruger Ranch rifle in 5.56x45 NATO. As soon as I find one, I plan to purchase it. I plan on putting a RDS on it. I could see this possibly being a better choice, due to a longer range round. The fact that it could also take AR mags is a plus, since I have several 10 round AR mags.  I think this would be compliant in pretty much every state.

Grab A Gun has them in stock

• Like 1

I wanted a lever gun for years. Looked at the Henry's every time I went to the gun store. When the gun shop put the display case in their store they were 550.00 a few years back. I fooled around until they rose to 750.00 and finally, about 8 years back, purchased a Henry Big Boy in 38/357. It was hard to spend that much Lollie on it, but they aren't gettin no cheaper, are they? I purchased the brass one and have really enjoyed that thing for years now. My youngest made me promise she could have it when I am through with it. Holly and her family love the gun. She told me it was her favorite rifle. 

Guys just something about cranking that lever! My rifle is more accurate than I am. Holly can bang center target at 50 yards constantly with that rifle. I told her she could have it, but just not yet. Just purchased a new SW 686, 7 shot 3" revolver to stand along with the rifle. Good combination IMO. Both in 38/357. I am a 357 fan. 

Edited by pop pop
  • Like 2
On 5/4/2023 at 2:12 PM, Grayfox54 said:

Yep, me too. I hated the M-16 when I was in the Army and really haven't changed my mind since. But I do have two ARs just because they don't want me to. 

But i wouldn't worry too much about a ban. I'm sure Washington State's ban will be overturned by the courts. And on the off chance that a nation wide federal ban passes, who's gonna enforce it? Very few cops are going to be willing to walk into that disaster. It'll likely start the 2nd American Revolution. 

Well...let's see, perhaps the IRS (Soon to be the new "Federal Police") judging from the amount of ammo and weaponry IRS has purchased in the last 10 years.  Added to the new required skill sets they have listed on their ads for new agents.  Tin foil hat off now. Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...