I been thinking...

Guest tedbo

Guest tedbo

Well, I have been thinking (yeah,that can be dangerous!) a lot,especially since the 1st of the month as that was the day my Dad passed a few years back.

It also being Atheist's Day, I thought, hmmmmm........,instead of me being critical of how things are going in our .gov why not try to start something more positive?

If you are an Atheist(or not!),maybe we can talk over a cup of coffee or something and I will tell you my stories and you can try to tell me where I err in my belief of a Higher power.

So here is my thought.

I have decided to say a prayer to The Good Lord for our people in the .gov who see the twisted lying and looting(yes,that is what I see in my mind)on a daily basis and don't quite have the courage to do what they took their oath for. I see this as something needed badly and the power of prayer costs nothing but a lttle time in reflection for our country.

I do not want this to be .gov bashing. This is just something I feel compelled to bring out and I hope in a positive way. It is meant to be a shoulder for those in the .gov who may be weak in their resolve to get this country back to a pleasing in the eyes of our Maker.

It sounds like a lot to ask for,but you eat the elephant one bite at a time.

I believe we have many in these positions.

I am just looking to give a support to those people even though they may not be aware of me.

Now, I am not a regular churchgoer. Haven't been in one in over 8 years as I tire of having to pay to add another wing onto the church instead of what I see church as being. This is just something I feel moved to bring out.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard to figure out what you want here? Do you want to pray for Government officials? Are you asking if their is a GOD? Do you want us to pray for these morons with you? I believe in GOD, and I do pray alot. I could care less about the fools in office I think they are so far out of touch it's unbelievable!

Guest tlondon

tedbo, I agree with you about praying for our government. If you are a Christian and believe what God has said in the Bible, Then we are called to pray for our leaders. I dont remember the verse but i will find it and post it. I have also prayed for them and asked that somehow this country gets back to the priniples it was founded on. just my:2cents::rolleyes:

tedbo, I agree with you about praying for our government. If you are a Christian and believe what God has said in the Bible, Then we are called to pray for our leaders. I dont remember the verse but i will find it and post it. I have also prayed for them and asked that somehow this country gets back to the priniples it was founded on. just my:2cents::rolleyes:

Amen

Guest tedbo

I'm sorry I wasn't as clear as I wanted to be.

Yes, we should pray for our leaders. I meant to say that we should pray for the individuals in the Secret Service,the U.S.Marshals and FBI and the like.

The people in the trenches day in and day out who have to stomach what they see coming from the "elite" and feeling somewhat powerless to do anything but actally have the power to do what is right. And their conscience is eating away at them day by day.If it isn't it ought to be.

I guess I am praying for the people in those jobs to finally say "ENOUGH!"

"I WILL do what I swore to do and that is to defend this country from foreign and domestic."

I am praying for the day I see the people who were put in charge of our country getting hauled off in cuffs and brought up on charges of aid and comfort to our enemies and actually prosecuted.

It sounds like a tall order but I see there are a lot of people who look at where we were and where we are headed and don't like it and know who is responsible and have the proof to back it up.

These are the true patriots of our country.

I see this as a very tall order,but I truly believe in the power of prayer.

This isn't anti government. I love my country,not those in charge of it.

Edited by tedbo
Guest mustangdave

Absolutely my fren...absolutely...and remember prayer is a 2 way street...ask for and EXPECT that you will get an answer to your prayer.

tedbo, I agree with you about praying for our government. If you are a Christian and believe what God has said in the Bible, Then we are called to pray for our leaders. I dont remember the verse but i will find it and post it. I have also prayed for them and asked that somehow this country gets back to the priniples it was founded on. just my:2cents::)

1 Timothy 2

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

I'm sorry I wasn't as clear as I wanted to be.

Yes, we should pray for our leaders. I meant to say that we should pray for the individuals in the Secret Service,the U.S.Marshals and FBI and the like.

The people in the trenches day in and day out who have to stomach what they see coming from the "elite" and feeling somewhat powerless to do anything but actally have the power to do what is right. And their conscience is eating away at them day by day.If it isn't it ought to be.

I guess I am praying for the people in those jobs to finally say "ENOUGH!"

"I WILL do what I swore to do and that is to defend this country from foreign and domestic."

I am praying for the day I see the people who were put in charge of our country getting hauled off in cuffs and brought up on charges of aid and comfort to our enemies and actually prosecuted.

It sounds like a tall order but I see there are a lot of people who look at where we were and where we are headed and don't like it and know who is responsible and have the proof to back it up.

These are the true patriots of our country.

I see this as a very tall order,but I truly believe in the power of prayer.

This isn't anti government. I love my country,not those in charge of it.

Agreed. Ever since 9/11 I do just that. Twice daily. The list is pretty long.

Guest tedbo
Dear Lord, help our government officials do better or help them do time.----MP

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

THAT is funny!

Actually, I find it very comforting to be in the ranks of like-minded company.

I feel better knowing I am not alone.

Edited by tedbo