Another mass shooting. Allen, Texas

Normalcy bias always amazes me. The person in that car, not the one filming but the only one near the shooter, barely reacted. They could have plowed over the shooter or simply sped off like that truck but instead they just slowly drove forward. 

I'm really sick of this. Our country is broken. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 6
6 hours ago, Garufa said:

Start raising up them prayers.  Again.  It works so well.

I do pray, everyday, God gives us free will. Now if we can get God back into the schools it will make a difference.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, RED333 said:

I do pray, everyday, God gives us free will. Now if we can get God back into the schools it will make a difference.

Your comment reminded me of this bit of Paul Harvey wisdom from 1965.

Edited by A.J. Holst
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, A.J. Holst said:

Your comment reminded me of this bit of Paul Harvey wisdom from 1965.

If I did know better I would say Ol Paul could see into the future.

Thank for the reminder of what we have lost.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Moped said:

The FBI was in the shooter's home talking to the parents and requested a translator.

I'm guessing the shooter is probably Latino. In which case MSM will let this quietly go away as he doesn't fit their agenda. I've noticed that there has been no rush to identify him and delve into his personal life. Usually by now, there would be full stories covering his full name and all sorts of sordid details about his life. 

Anybody remember the guy who shot up the Kroger store in Collierville a year or so back? Probably not. He was a Pacific Islander and didn't fit the agenda. MSM dropped that story real quick. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm guessing the shooter is probably Latino. In which case MSM will let this quietly go away as he doesn't fit their agenda. I've noticed that there has been no rush to identify him and delve into his personal life. Usually by now, there would be full stories covering his full name and all sorts of sordid details about his life. 

Anybody remember the guy who shot up the Kroger store in Collierville a year or so back? Probably not. He was a Pacific Islander and didn't fit the agenda. MSM dropped that story real quick. 

Could be and that makes sense. But I would think that the FBI would have at least one agent that could speak Spanish in Dallas. That's what led to my jump to a case of possible terrorism, with the family speaking Arabic, Persian or perhaps Russo ethnic or African language.

• Like 1

There's a pic making the rounds claming its the shooter. He's bled out, toes up, and dressed in black combat gear with an evil assault AR laying close by. Not gonna post it as it's probably too gruesome for G folk on here and if its NOT him I'm not furthering the lie. However, if true he looks to have at one time identified as NON white.

34 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

There's a pic making the rounds claming its the shooter. He's bled out, toes up, and dressed in black combat gear with an evil assault AR laying close by. Not gonna post it as it's probably too gruesome for G folk on here and if its NOT him I'm not furthering the lie. However, if true he looks to have at one time identified as NON white.

Saw the unblurred pic on Twitter. I can't tell. Could be Latino, White,  or Middle Eastern.  There are unblurred pics of the victims too, You all do not want to see them.

Looks like the officer got him in the head. Good shoot! I suspect he had on body armor, under that tactical vest, He had at least another 6 mags on that vest too. This could have been a lot worse than it was.

• Like 1

I worry it’s not gonna stop. The only thing between peace and anarchy is the moral compass of the citizens. Anyone at any time can perpetrate a massacre like this. Be it with a gun, a knife, a car, a bomb or a plane, it is just “will I or won’t I” decide to kill a bunch of people before I die. We are a nation living in a fear of our own making. 

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

I worry it’s not gonna stop. The only thing between peace and anarchy is the moral compass of the citizens. Anyone at any time can perpetrate a massacre like this. Be it with a gun, a knife, a car, a bomb or a plane, it is just “will I or won’t I” decide to kill a bunch of people before I die. We are a nation living in a fear of our own making. 

And the more media attention each incident receives only adds fuel to the fire. In most cases the shooter wants their 15 min even if its their last .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I never go anywhere unarmed and I'm sure most folks here are the same way. If I am in a store and someone begins shooting people I would move towards the shooter and if at all possible I would try my best to shoot the shooter before he could get to me. If I was not going to use my weapon to stop a bad guy why would I bother to carry it? How many folks here feel the same way?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Back before my range partner passed away we would shoot once a week at the range that he worked at. He always use to pick on me about my shooting. On my first target I would shoot center mass and go through 3 magazines and shoot 98% and then I would send a second target down range and target the head area. I would shoot 97-99% with 2 magazines. When I read that the police officer shot the bad guy in the head that brought back memories of my days in the range and my buddy picking on me for practicing head shots on the targets. I'm sure the police officer saw the clothing the bad guy was wearing and suspected body arm so he chose the head shot which proved to be a good choice.

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

I never go anywhere unarmed and I'm sure most folks here are the same way. If I am in a store and someone begins shooting people I would move towards the shooter and if at all possible I would try my best to shoot the shooter before he could get to me. If I was not going to use my weapon to stop a bad guy why would I bother to carry it? How many folks here feel the same way?

Not unless I can’t leave. I carry to defend myself and loved ones. Folks I don’t know have the same option of protecting themselves as I do. If they choose not to, that’s on them.

2 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Not unless I can’t leave. I carry to defend myself and loved ones. Folks I don’t know have the same option of protecting themselves as I do. If they choose not to, that’s on them.

I can respect that also as an option but it would be hard to think about a shooter killing children at random and maybe the mother because the husband is not there to defend them. Most of the time the mother is killed while trying to shield the child but it is also killed. I would have the advantage because I would know where the shooter is and he would not be expecting an armed good guy coming for him.....JMHO

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

Life is meant to be lived. There are places I can't or won't carry a gun and I'm fine with that. I'm still more likely to die in a car wreck than to be shot to death. At the same time, I respect your decision and right to go armed if you so choose. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

There is absolutely no way it's going to stop. None. It will continue to get worse. I can't think of any practical solution to this. 

I can agree with that for sure. There is no practical solution to stop it. The Feds think taking the guns from the good guys will end it. Problem is it's not the good guys doing the bad things and the bad guys will never give up their guns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I hope I would be able to run to danger if in that situation. I tell myself that is the plan. I agree that I would have a hard time living with myself if I did not try to stop an attack. But TBH, I don’t know what I will do in the moment.  Not having a been a LEO or having a military background, I have never been in a life or death situation like that. So I hope I will act accordingly. 

• Like 2

This all goes back to the mental illness problem in this country. These people think they are worthless, useless and completely un-noticed. They want to die, but they also want it to be memorable so that everybody knows their name. They want to be noticed so badly that they're willing to die for it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1