Another mass shooting. Allen, Texas

46 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

There is absolutely no way it's going to stop. None. It will continue to get worse. I can't think of any practical solution to this. 

As much as I hate to say it I'm afraid you are right.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

I can respect that also as an option but it would be hard to think about a shooter killing children at random and maybe the mother because the husband is not there to defend them. Most of the time the mother is killed while trying to shield the child but it is also killed. I would have the advantage because I would know where the shooter is and he would not be expecting an armed good guy coming for him.....JMHO

It would be situation dependent. I can’t imagine standing by and watching a pre school or nursing home get shot up. 

• Thanks 1

I'm a believer that the solutions exist. Unfortunately those in charge of getting us back on track are also the ones that got us here. And while there's money to be made on our "symptoms" there will be no cures pursued. 

• Like 2

There is the first issue. He was removed from the Army for being nuts and it was not recorded anyplace on public records that would have prevented him from buying the guns. Anyone that is removed from Military Service for mental issues should be put on public records so a background check would show if he lied on his application......JMHO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

There is the first issue. He was removed from the Army for being nuts and it was not recorded anyplace on public records that would have prevented him from buying the guns. Anyone that is removed from Military Service for mental issues should be put on public records so a background check would show if he lied on his application......JMHO

Your point is well taken.  It begs the question of the creation of a registry that would have prevented the purchase of firearms.  It would need to be able to link to a Form 4473.  The question on the 4473 regarding mental health issues is nebulous: "Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?"    There is a wide, wide latitude between being found mentally incompetent on one end of the spectrum or having been committed to a mental institution.

In the middle of that continuum is severe depression, personality disorders, paranoia, and schizophrenia.  The difficulty with each is that a person may present normal in one moment, and a half-hour later reveal troubling symptoms.

• Like 2

I cannot remember when; maybe 5 - 6 years ago some conversation was around creating a law that if someone was thought to be mentally ill in any fashion, that they would have to be seen by a mental health professional before being allowed to buy a firearm.  All of us in the mental health profession made it clear we had no desire to work under such a law.  First, a person, even the most mentally ill may have clarity for a short time during an interview.  Second, a true mental evaluation would be expensive and time consuming.  Third, my liability insurance is high enough; if we had agreed to provide such services I'm certain companies would have stopped providing coverage.  As for me, I would never agree to serve a client; liability is way too high.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Luckyforward said:

I cannot remember when; maybe 5 - 6 years ago some conversation was around creating a law that if someone was thought to be mentally ill in any fashion, that they would have to be seen by a mental health professional before being allowed to buy a firearm.  All of us in the mental health profession made it clear we had no desire to work under such a law. 

As Luckyforward has already suggested, there's a vast difference between being "thought to be mentally ill in any fashion" and being "adjudicated" to have mental problems.  I don't think any of us expect mental health workers to guarantee that someone will be free of any kind of disorders, but I do believe that someone who has been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution should have a thorough mental evaluation before being allowed to purchase a firearm, even if such an evaluation is expensive and time-consuming.  

• Like 1

I have changed my opinion. I though they would let this drop quickly because the shooter was a POC. But now they are claiming he had interests in  white supremacist and neo-Nazis. Now this is getting into the realm of a far right wing hate crime. You better believe that liberal MSM is gonna play this for all its worth. 💩

• Sad 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I have changed my opinion. I though they would let this drop quickly because the shooter was a POC. But now they are claiming he had interests in  white supremacist and neo-Nazis. Now this is getting into the realm of a far right wing hate crime. You better believe that liberal MSM is gonna play this for all its worth. 💩

The media demand for white supremacy is so high that like the construction industry before it, those jobs are now being outsourced to Mexicans as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

The media demand for white supremacy is so high that like the construction industry before it, those jobs are now being outsourced to Mexicans as well.

Perhaps the shooter identified as Caucasian. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Haha 4

Has anybody else noticed that there's been very little mention of the victims? Usually by now their names and faces would be all over the news and internet. Yet, other than numbers, so far nothing. I kinda curious as to who this supposed white supremacist was targeting. 

I still blame this on our Military. If they thought he was to crazy to be in the military he was to crazy to be turned loose on the general population also  as well. They should have placed him in a facility for evaluation but instead they just turn him lose......😡

• Like 3
  • Admin Team

I'm going to do something I rarely do - because I seldom think it's particularly helpful.  

But, this guy's junk is out there and available for anyone who wants to look a little bit.  And, for anyone who cares to look - it's not like his politics were particularly hard to figure out:

image.png

Here's the gear he was killed in - note the Right Wing Death Squad patch in the middle:

image.png

And, if there's any question as to why we usually don't post manifestos - here's a sample of his that references the Covenant shooting here in Nashville:

image.png

I'm not going to post the links to his page - because frankly I'm not the least bit interested in sending traffic to sites like that - but that and his YouTube are available to anyone who really wants to find it.

• Like 2
  • Administrator

Things we can all be doing in the wake of these events:

1. Calling, emailing, writing our lawmakers to encourage them to hold the line in the face of mounting pressure to punish good people and reduce their abilities to defend themselves, while doing absolutely nothing to stop bad people from committing evil acts.

2. Getting civilian medical training.  Stop The Bleed and PHTLS (Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support) training classes are out there and some of them are free or low-cost.  You're statistically more likely to use a tourniquet in your life than you are to need to use a gun.

3. Getting defensive handgun training.  The "training" that you are required to receive in order to get an enhanced carry permit in the state of Tennessee is utterly worthless.  We are immensely fortunate in Tennessee to have so many well heeled training providers within a half-day drive of us.  Go beyond the basics and become very proficient with your handgun.

4. Adapt your EDC to the sort of things that are becoming more common in our society.  Learn how to use a tourniquet and carry one with you everywhere.  Invest in a small individual first aid kit (IFAK) that goes beyond bandaids and ointments, and carry it with you everywhere.  Pick a gun that you can actually make a critical shot with under duress, train to do that, and then carry it with you everywhere.

5. Get your ass in shape.  Run, hide, fight starts with running.  Can you?  No?  Get your ass in shape.  Get involved in self-defensive combatives like Jiu Jitsu or Krav Maga.  Getting in shape while you beat the #### out of people and people beat the #### out of you is way better than walking on a treadmill at the YMCA like some sort of human hampster.

6. Commit to keeping your attention OUT of your cellphone when you're in public places.  You can't run, hide, or fight if you're dead because you were popped in the dome while surfing Facebook on your phone, oblivious to the transexual ANTIFA soy-boy coming up alongside you, dressed like a mall-ninja, aiming a Kel-Tec at your melon.  BECOME AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS!

• Like 5

Holy Crap! That guy was one sick SOB!. He needed killin'. 💩

Wasn't there a fuss a few years ago after some guy shot up a church and it was discovered that he had been dishonorably discharged from the military? Air Force I think it was? Anyway FBI was supposed to be informed and this guy banned from ever buying any guns, but it didn't happen. 

Has anybody heard where Garcia got his guns? Did he buy them legally and how was he able to? 

• Moderators

Definitely a sick SOB. And they are definitely walking among us. Don't fool yourself. 

As TGO David said, get prepared. I think the worst is still yet to come. We have allowed a powder keg to build, and the odds are not in favor of a peaceful undoing. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

I'm going to do something I rarely do - because I seldom think it's particularly helpful.  

But, this guy's junk is out there and available for anyone who wants to look a little bit.  And, for anyone who cares to look - it's not like his politics were particularly hard to figure out:

image.png

Here's the gear he was killed in - note the Right Wing Death Squad patch in the middle:

image.png

And, if there's any question as to why we usually don't post manifestos - here's a sample of his that references the Covenant shooting here in Nashville:

image.png

I'm not going to post the links to his page - because frankly I'm not the least bit interested in sending traffic to sites like that - but that and his YouTube are available to anyone who really wants to find it.

Since he was crazy enough to do what he did, I guess anything is possible, but I am very skeptical of most anything reported be the media today. I’ve no idea how to verify whether any of this is real or not. Our country is in a bad, bad shape.

• Like 2