Washington Gun Law president William Kirk, and Gov Lee's Red Flag Law in TN

Gov Lee's pressure to strip Tennessee citizens of their constitutional rights with his Red Flag law, gets the attention of a 2A supporter in the state of Washington. I appreciate the video's this guy puts out there in YouTube, bringing attention to news around the nation, and explaining things in an easy to understand manner.

Tennessee, a state teetering on the brink of gun control

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, I sure hate for this to be one of my first posts on this nice gun forum, but actually, I was browsing through the forum and these posts inspired me to join ASAP.   I am considering a move to Chattanooga or Knoxville and currently live in South Carolina (near Charlotte).  I've always thought of Tennessee as the bastion of liberty, seeing it has very low taxes and what I thought were some of the better gun laws in this country.   

But, oh damn, that really hurts!  I never thought Governor Lee to be a RINO and support unconstitutional laws.  Even if he is not facing re-election, supporting Red Flag Laws will come back to haunt him should he ever want to run for Congress or even the Presidency.  I guess he is basically giving the middle finger to the more pro-2A/Libertarian-minded Republicans and wants to bring back the old days of the George Bush-style Republican party.  

I hate being too political, but this one hits me right where it hurts.  I vowed never to ever live in any state that has Red Flag Laws.   For one, I have had malicious family members who are very anti-gun and they always said how they don't think I or anyone should be allowed to own "assault weapons".  Some of these people I am not on good terms with.  What if now they can just make a phone call to a LE agency and get a liberal anti-gun judge to rule that I am not suitable to own firearms?  They perhaps can think my views on small government, low taxes, and owning semi-automatic weapons (which they improperly call Assault Weapons) make me some kind of danger to society.  

Literally, I cannot think of any law more dangerous, unconstitutional, and a violation of every right you have than a "Red Flag Law".  It's a law to circumvent your civil rights plain and simple and has no other purpose.   Bill Lee wants all the liberal soccer moms and Blue City transplants to admire him as some kind of savior or something.

But to use the argument that he is not going for re-election is definitely not accurate.  Look at Rick Scott down in Florida and the stunt he pulled.   He helped promote the red flag laws in Florida.  Of course, the clown now suddenly made a 180 on all his anti-gun measures after the high-profile shootings there and now claims to be very pro-gun and that all that was a mistake now he is a Florida state Senator.    Funny, how these slimy politicians will change their views on a whim if they think it will get them ahead somehow.    Maybe, Bill Lee doesn't want to be in the camp of the "extremists" and wants to be the "moderate" more RINO kind of guy. 

Anyhow, what type of chance does this have of passing?  I was getting ready to move to either Chattanooga or Knoxville area in the next few months and was going to do a trip over there to look around.  However, if Tennessee is going to start enacting such anti-liberty laws I may have to reconsider.  As much as I hate the taxes in South Carolina, I have to say they are moving in the right direction and our Governor McMaster has stated he does not support Red Flag Laws and now there is legislation pending to legalize Constitutional Carry.  

Still, I would prefer to live in Tennessee and I know that is is a great place to be, but I do worry just as much of a state being taken over by Anti-2A RINOs as Anti-2A Democrats.

I don't have much faith in our political system or parties as a whole, but just trying to find that place I can relocate where I can enjoy as many liberties as I can in this screwed-up world we live in.   

By the way, I was living in Washington state before moving East.  I am originally from the Pacific Northwest.   The Red Flag Laws passed in Washington was one of the first inspirations I had of getting out of there. I did see the place getting progressively worse every year and kind of knew that Inslee would eventually strip WA residents of every civil liberty possible, but it all started with the Red Flag Laws.  The liberals vowed that "we are not after your guns".  Well, guess what, they got the worst AWB and restrictions in the country now.  

Edited by JonDaniels
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Jon - Gov Lee and McNally (among others) are RINO's. They claim to support the second amendment, but their interpretation of the second amendment. That may be my opinion only, so take it for what it's worth. Luckily, they are currently outnumbered by real conservatives, and I personally doubt Lee has the votes to pass his modified red flag law. We need a real conservative to run against Lee and boot him from office. Then we can get a replacement for McNally who is an unelected official.

I moved here five years ago, and never regretted the move at all. Would have done it sooner but work kept me where I was.

Impossible to say what's best for you, but I'd suggest you take a look at East Tennessee and see if it fits what you're looking for. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

DB, I definitely am confident that the Tennessee government will back the will of the people in the state and override this appalling (if I can use that word) and purely tyrannical legislation from these two Deep State RINOs posing as Patriotic Republicans.   It's a sad story, but there is so much government programming blaming guns for the deterioration of our society when it's the moral and social structure that is deteriorating coupled with an ever increasingly central bureaucratically authoritarian government that tries to play among people's fears to make the submit and help empower the very regime.

I am definitely looking at East Tennessee and trying to contemplate whether I would move to a suburb outside of Knoxville or Chattanooga or try to find a cheap place to ride out the economic storm, like maybe some small town like Crossville or Manchester.   I definitely want to be in a county/city/area that is pro-Liberty and where the Sheriff is on my side and not my enemy, regardless of the state laws.