Yet again! Farmington, New Mexico

3 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Hold on. This just happened. Let's wait for details before jumping to any conclusions. 

44 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Naa! Let’s just ban guns.

8 minutes ago, Links2k said:

What does this post have to do with banning guns? It’s a post about another active shooter, but keep overreacting. 

@Links2k Please try to keep up with the sarcasm. 

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
11 minutes ago, analog_kidd said:

If there is not wailing and gnashing of teeth from the media and usual suspects by now, then I'm betting the shooter does not fit the normal stereotypes, and they just want this story to go away.

You may be right but the news media will keep it alive as long as possible...JMHO

I think we read into this too much. These mass shootings have become so frequent that unless 10+ people are killed, it leaves the news cycle almost immediately. It's less about some narrative and more about how the media thinks they can monetize it. 

I've certainly become numb to it. I find myself watching the news less and less because it doesn't add value to my life. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Have they reported what kind of weapon he was using. When I saw him pacing in the video it did not look like a long gun??

"Farmington Police Chief Steve Hebbe said the gunman fired three weapons, including an AR-style rifle."

So nothing definitive that I have seen other than 3 different weapons and and "AR-Style" rifle which could be anything from a .22LR rimfire to a 12 gauge shotgun. 

Edited by OldIronFan
  • Thanks 1

The fact each time one of these happens it is national coverage, speaks to the narrative and rarity of these events as outliers. These are sporadic and from a different state each time. The statistics are incredibly smalland insignificant compared to response.

Compare these with the number of daily homicides in Memphis, Chicago, New York, LA, Philadelphia, etc. and it is strikingly clear why certain things get coverage and for what purpose. Has nothing to do with life or crime.

I no longer am moved by "mass/active shooter". Good job politicians and media.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, Smith said:

The fact each time one of these happens it is national coverage, speaks to the narrative and rarity of these events as outliers. These are sporadic and from a different state each time. The statistics are incredibly smalland insignificant compared to response.

Compare these with the number of daily homicides in Memphis, Chicago, New York, LA, Philadelphia, etc. and it is strikingly clear why certain things get coverage and for what purpose. Has nothing to do with life or crime.

I no longer am moved by "mass/active shooter". Good job politicians and media.

I was just thinking about this very thing yesterday. If we had an amber alert on our phone that dinged for every homicide that happened daily in gun controlled cities there would be bells all day long lol.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

This story sure disappeared from the news cycle quickly. Makes me wonder why it doesn't fit the anti-gun agenda? 

Maybe it is because there were not enough people killed and enough outpouring from residents in the city. I think it was because the shooter did not fit the agenda and was a Latino whose parents could not speak English. Also was no mention of a manifesto which he had to have more plans as he had more guns in his car.....JMHO