Armed Anti-Gun Protesters?

I got this in e-mail from TFA today. Anti-gunners held a planning session in Nashville the other day. The 2 hour meeting was secretly recorded and then leaked. It discuses how they plan to cause "mayhem" at the Special Session of the legislature in August. Generally, they want to turn it into a huge mess. I don't know why, I would think that would work against them. ❓

But here's the biggie. They plan to have armed security there with them. 😵

Here's the whole story:

https://tennesseefirearms.com/2023/05/gun-control-advocates-planning-mayhem-for-lees-gun-control-special-session/

• Wow 1

If you listen the recording, the armed security is being told to stay in the background and not be noticeable. They want the guns watching their backs, but don't want anyone seeing their hypocrisy. And yes, Brian Wilson did point out that being armed on the capital grounds is illegal. 

I really don't understand how "bird dogging"  (harassing) legislators and causing "mayhem" is going to do them any good. That would just piss me off. 

There's just no way to understand how the mind of a liberal works.  💩

• Like 2

These evil monsters are trying to stir up sympathy in urban areas of Nashville,and Chattanooga by making the legislators look small and cowardly, and their cause look noble.  They are banking on the governor keeping a leash on the THP.   I think it's a bad gamble...

leroy...

39 minutes ago, krunchnik said:

We are now clearly in the territory of the twilight zone-

The antis want the guns-but they want you disarmed-

Isn't this all a bit backward-

I believe we are in a cold war everywhere.  The blue inner cities and blue states have been fighting it since the Obama years.  Here's hopin it stays cold here in Tennessee.  I fear it won't, however... SIGH.

leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 2

I wonder if the antis will still carry out their plan now that its been exposed? I'm sure THP will take extra precautions. And they have lost the element of surprise. I'd think they would at least tone down their protests a bit. 

Nah! They ain't that smart. 🙄

1 hour ago, seez52 said:

Maybe Lee will cancel the whole thing with this crap going on and the likely hood of anything like a red flag law he wants passing. Maybe just let it go until next session. 

I think you're dreaming. 

• Like 2

I listened to the clip and there really isn't anything seems like a big deal. They have people working security oh well just like everyone else. They have training on media and what they call bird dogging, guess what you can get that too. Maybe there is more in the full recording, but that small clip isn't anything earth shattering.

Just imagine if all these so-called gun rights organizations were to organize people to intelligentially and peacefully protest and educate people. But they could care less about the perception they have and what they could really do stop people from just being fed that evil gun is going to kill somebody. 

I’m not so much worried about the crazy protestors as much as only the wrong messages getting out. The pro 2A and anti 2A people don’t decide this stuff, it’s where all the people in the middle lean which matters. One side seems to get a lot more press than the other, and I’m worried that overtime it’s shifting the middle in the wrong direction. 

On 5/18/2023 at 9:34 AM, Grayfox54 said:

And yes, Brian Wilson did point out that being armed on the capital grounds is illegal. 

Being armed IN the Capitol is illegal (unless you are a legislator or POST Certified Police officer in pursuance of duty, or private security guard for important people), but in the meeting rooms for committees in Cordell Hull or the offices of the legislators themselves, if you have a permit and conceal it, is legal and permissible to be armed with the intent to go armed. (handguns only and certainly on the "grounds" outside the capitol building it is legal)

Edited by Worriedman