Car burglar's at night

Guys/Gals be careful when you go outside at night or at the early dark hours of the morning whether you are going to take a smoke outside your house or just getting some fresh air. We have always had these burglars hitting neighborhoods where they pull on door handles trying to find one unlocked and then steal things. Here lately we have been getting footage from car and home owners of these burglars doing the same but now some are ARMED ! We had one where there were 2 burglars , one was pulling handles and the other stood by as an armed look-out. A homeowner got a signal from his camera showing that it had been triggered. He went outside and saw the burlgars. One shot him in the shoulder but thank God he ended up alright. That was last year. Here is a recent picture from a camera showing an armed burglar holding a pistol while pulling on handles. Bottom line , be careful when you go outside in the dark and make sure you lock your cars  and dont leave anything in plain sight. I'll try to attach the picture below. 

Screenshot_20230516_101250_Messages.jpg

Edited by tercel89
Pic
  • Like 1
  • Angry 8
  • Dislike 1

What city is this in? In my neighborhood in West Knoxville, we just had a woman assaulted at 4:15 in the afternoon while she was walking. The offender hasn't been caught yet. My wife walks the same path. Not a good feeling. 

• Angry 4
12 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

What city is this in? In my neighborhood in West Knoxville, we just had a woman assaulted at 4:15 in the afternoon while she was walking. The offender hasn't been caught yet. My wife walks the same path. Not a good feeling. 

He's in Clarksville. Hate to hear this hitting so close to home for you guys.

These days if I'm awake I'm armed ,wherever I am. Sign of the times I guess.

• Like 5

I live in the country in a house and my Daughter and son in law live in a second house 50 feet away and we both have outside and inside dogs and they will warn us of anyone outside day or night. They hear everything and start raising all heck when they do hear something.  I have seen videos showing thieves working car door handles and for the most part they seem to like large apartment develops parking areas....JMHO

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Thanks for the reminder.

Anybody put any effort into catching these folks?

Yes. Since this mostly happens at night and day shift officers do the reports that morning , the investigators hear us going to them and are usually aware of it very soon. It still amazes me after all these years how people leave their wallets , guns , purses , and all kinds of stuff in their cars with the doors unlocked. Then they complain and gripe when it's stolen. And these victims are of all ages. You'd think the younger ones would be the ones to lock them down tight but no. 

Edited by tercel89

As far as going armed during the day. If I go out side for any reason including to just sit on my deck and watch H Birds I am armed. Anytime I am in the house I am no further that a few feet away for a weapon. I even got my Marlin 60 /w optics and went out back and went through a full tube of ammo to make sure the scope was still on. I hit 10 out 10 poker chips at 30 yards. I reloaded it and came back in the house and put it on the Rifle Rack. I know a lot of folks snub their nose at a 22lr but I have total confidence in 22lr's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tercel89 said:

Yes. Since this mostly happens at night and day shift officers do the reports that morning , the investigators hear us going to them and are usually aware of it very soon. It still amazes me after all these years how people leave their wallets , guns , purses , and all kinds of stuff in their cars with the doors unlocked. Then they complain and gripe when it's stolen. And these victims are of all ages. You'd think the younger ones would be the ones to lock them down tight but no. 

It appears like this is happening more and more all across the state.  This kind of thing has always gone on but it’s a lot worse now than it used to be.

I simply do not understand how anyone leaves anything of value in their car overnight. 

And there is an elephant in the room.  Guns in cars.  Legal, yes, good idea….?  Don’t leave them in there overnight!

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

If I'm not allowed to feel safe enough to leave My belongings in MY car, on MY property, they thugs shouldn't be allowed to feel safe not to get shot at.

Judge me if you like, but I worked hard for my stuff and I do believe it's worth more than any thief's life.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
On 5/20/2023 at 5:37 AM, gregintenn said:

It’ll continue to get worse until there are consequences for it.

Hard prison time might help. Liberal sentencing and plain dropping charges must stop if we are ever to regain our safety and country.

That's about as plain as I can make my feelings known.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The office I work out of is in a strip mall setting, 4 to 5 store fronts in a row. Over the weekend one of the places got broke into. They have cameras, WIFI and all. Seems that the thief had a WIFI scrambler that took out the cameras. Cam went out at a certain hour and came back on after the thief left.

So if you have WIFI cams they are not full prof. LEO also said that Bluetooth might be taken out as well.

• Wow 1
3 hours ago, RED333 said:

The office I work out of is in a strip mall setting, 4 to 5 store fronts in a row. Over the weekend one of the places got broke into. They have cameras, WIFI and all. Seems that the thief had a WIFI scrambler that took out the cameras. Cam went out at a certain hour and came back on after the thief left.

So if you have WIFI cams they are not full prof. LEO also said that Bluetooth might be taken out as well.

That’s a little more sophisticated than I would have expected. Sounds like they are beginning to organize.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Recently had a lot of this going on in Smyrna. Neighbors have camera but the spotlight hides it from anyone looking up. However, the thieves spent 13 minutes in front of that bright spotlight taking their time going through their three cars. Walked to my driveway and grabbed my daughters door handle and looked right up at my camera (NV light caught their attention I guess) and they walked right off. Typical gear for these crimes, hoodies up while wearing ski type mask so footage doesn’t help identify anyway. But there are some people in my neighborhood who are not law abiding like myself, so they really risking getting handled before the cops get called. As it turns out a neighbor 45 minutes later (yep they were still at it) saw them, called cops, and the chase was on when the patrol cars showed up. Never caught anyone though. Two days later it was happening in the neighborhood next to ours and not caught again. 

It was happening in a neighborhood my oldest grandson lives in down in Burns Tn.  My grandson is a 911 operator in Dickson County and when he saw them come into the entrance to the subdivision and drop off 4 hoodies he called it in and told them not to use sirens and lights but dispatch a couple cars. They sent 2 marked and 2 unmarked and they caught all 5 of them. 4 hoodies and the driver and he told me that the trunk was full of stolen merchandise including 3 Glocks not counting the 4 hand guns the hoodies were packing. The oldest was 16 and youngest was 12. That was just a month ago.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

If the perp is armed? Live by the gun, die by the gun. My M1 Super 90 will launch 8-00 buck faster than they can blink an eye. That’s 72 30 cal projectiles in the air in less than two seconds. Little messy but, oh well. Supreme Court has also said that law enforcement is not responsible for your safety. Chew on that for a while. It’s time folks, it’s time. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kimber451911 said:

They did indeed, however if someone points a gun at you on your property, different ballgame 

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

It was happening in a neighborhood my oldest grandson lives in down in Burns Tn.  My grandson is a 911 operator in Dickson County and when he saw them come into the entrance to the subdivision and drop off 4 hoodies he called it in and told them not to use sirens and lights but dispatch a couple cars. They sent 2 marked and 2 unmarked and they caught all 5 of them. 4 hoodies and the driver and he told me that the trunk was full of stolen merchandise including 3 Glocks not counting the 4 hand guns the hoodies were packing. The oldest was 16 and youngest was 12. That was just a month ago.

Sounds like the Trayvon Martin Brigade had invaded the subdivision.

Before my grandson became a 911 operator/dispatcher he was a Cheatham County Sheriffs deputy for 4 years and that is how he knew how to send the cars without lights and sirens. He said if your going to catch them don't announce your coming! Oh yea, I forgot to mention, they were driving a stolen car that had the keys in it the night before they got caught.