Best 9mm pocket rocket

21 minutes ago, billmeek said:

Excellent choice for a pocket pistol.  The P365 is nowhere near pocketable for me. 

My small 9mm pistol of choice is the IWI Masada 9S (slim).  Waiting on a leather pancake holster to arrive for it.

Now here’s a concern for me! The Ruger LCP works great for pocket carry. Not sure how much bigger I could go and still be comfortable. Thanks for making me think.👍

It would be gray to have more rounds and more pop, but not at the expense of maybe not always having it with me.

Edited by gregintenn

I pocket carry and holster carry a PF9. I didn't used to carry it all that much. I usually carried something larger but after I retired and was carrying most of the time I found myself wanting to carry something smaller. I would like to try a shield.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I don't understand how you can comfortably pocket carry some of these guns. Y'all got some big pockets. 

I have a pair of cargo shorts that will hide a 4 inch 357 in the front pocket.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Now here’s a concern for me! The Ruger LCP works great for pocket carry. Not sure how much bigger I could go and still be comfortable. Thanks for making me think.👍

It would be gray to have more rounds and more pop, but not at the expense of maybe not always having it with me.

yeah the P32 has been my constant companion. I have other small/medium pistols but this one is always with me. I would seriously consider a Sig 239 if looking for a pocket 9 but I'm a 1911 guy so that might not work for you. Also, I see the slight advantage to pocket pistols thet don't have a manual safety. Double stack is a non starter for pocket for me so nothing is going to add capacity over either of my KelTecs. 

Currently have a line up of a Sig P365, Hellcat, Kahr PM9 and a Kahr P380. I keep going back to the Kahrs though. They just a bit slimmer and more comfortable because of the single stack. Crossbreed IWB. I also notice the extra weight of 5 more rounds in the guns.

P365 and Hellcat both have safeties. Try finding one of those for sale-lol

I pocket carry a Ruger Max 9 in a DeSantis or Remora pocket holster every Sunday to church.  IWB I go with SW MP 9MM 2.0 in a Comp Tac IWB holster. Preferer the IWB carry in cooler weather with outside shirt untucked. 

Every day carry is a 7 shot Taurus revolver in modified DeSantis pocket holster carried in Carpenter shorts or jeans with deep pockets. I make it a point to purchase only jeans that have large pockets.

In winter I do carry in an OWB in a Galco blet slide holster some, but one must use a cover garment with this mode of carry. I never carry open carry. I also carry every, day even at home. 

Just returned from visiting our daughter in the Charleston S Carolina area and I never seen so many "NO" concealed carry signs in businesses. Several years ago, they had the church shooting, and a few weeks back, during spring breakers visit, they had a shooting on the Isle of Palms beach. Charleston has become very woke and un-gun friendly. Also S Carolina State Law prohibits church carry, so I had to leave my "Roscoe" in the locked glove box with the doors locked also.  

11 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

You can pocket carry a laptop in a pair of Pointer Brand bibs

What Mista FUJIMO said ..!  I used ta hip pocket  carry a commander length 1911 in mine.  A baby Glock just disappears in a good pair of overalls...

leroy....

• Like 1
On 5/22/2023 at 8:39 PM, papa61 said:

I have a pair of cargo shorts that will hide a 4 inch 357 in the front pocket.

I know what you mean. I used to pocket carry a Ruger SP101 and 2 speedloaders every day. It's all about not wearing skinny jeans.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, -boatman- said:

I was going to get some overalls after I retired but when I saw the price I changed my mind. I didn't want them as bad as I thought I did.

Ain't that the truth. Even a used pair on Ebay is too darn expensive.

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, -boatman- said:

I was going to get some overalls after I retired but when I saw the price I changed my mind. I didn't want them as bad as I thought I did.

They last quite a while depending on what you're doing in them.

• Like 2