Sig P320 Called "Ticking Time Bomb"

gun sane

• Administrator

These people are full of #### and the cops are blaming the gun rather than their own incompetence.  Hard stop.

Do you know who Bruce Gray is?  Bruce is a master gunsmith and owner of Gray Guns.  They have a very heavy focus on Sig Sauer firearms at Gray Guns and he knows a thing or two about the P320 and about how to test things.

He recently did an exhaustive test on the P320 to see if it could fire out of battery.  It cannot.

P320 out-of-battery testing - Grayguns

This video also addresses the recent ridiculous claims.

• Like 5

I have an Sig p 320 it stays loaded in a nightstand every night. For years it has never fired by itself. A lot of people like to blame a weapon for their inability to handle a gun correctly   Sig had a voluntary recall for the drop problem. And newer models don’t have that issue  I happen to be at a range where a person shot himself in the leg. he of course blamed the gun and range. Range had cameras when reviewing it was clear he had attempted to holster the weapon with his finger on the trigger  

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

If you were a cop, and you knew that admitting to a negligent discharge would result in a suspension or loss of your job, wouldn't you blame that lousy gun and/or the administration that forced you to carry it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The articles says, "Zimmerman [an attorney] said the P320 is “unique” in that SIG Sauer is the only manufacturer making this type of gun without an external manual safety. That device, known as a tab trigger, needs to be depressed “intentionally” to make sure the gun can fire. Without that tab being depressed, the gun can’t fire."

Sig isn't the only company that makes a pistol without an external manual safety.  Are they confusing a grip safety with a thumb safety and calling it a "tab trigger?"

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, gun sane said:

The articles says, "Zimmerman [an attorney] said the P320 is “unique” in that SIG Sauer is the only manufacturer making this type of gun without an external manual safety. That device, known as a tab trigger, needs to be depressed “intentionally” to make sure the gun can fire. Without that tab being depressed, the gun can’t fire."

Sig isn't the only company that makes a pistol without an external manual safety.  Are they confusing a grip safety with a thumb safety and calling it a "tab trigger?"

I think they mean the trigger safety (blade in the trigger) that Glock and most other striker fired guns have. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
42 minutes ago, gun sane said:

He is talking about the integral safety in a Glock's trigger shoe.  Other manufacturers use different approaches.  S&W uses a hinged trigger design that accomplishes the same thing in the M&P.

He's still FOS.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Whisper said:

If you were a cop, and you knew that admitting to a negligent discharge would result in a suspension or loss of your job, wouldn't you blame that lousy gun and/or the administration that forced you to carry it?

Personally? No.

• Like 1

Sounds like a playbook on floor mats and Toyota Camrys, or MickeyDees hot coffee spilling in your crotch get rich tactics.    All it takes 2 or more complaints to snowball a stampede of law suits.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Personally? No.

As a former police officer, I NEVER worried about losing my job, or even a suspension - from having a negligent discharge. Y'all seem to think that cops are highly trained with weapons. That is far from the truth. Most cops ONLY shoot during qualifications. Does that standard suck? Yes, but it's a reality.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, runco said:

or MickeyDees hot coffee spilling in your crotch get rich tactics. 

With respect, you don't know what you're talking about. That elderly woman was severely injured, spent 8 days in the hospital, needed skin grafts, and never once asked for a dime more than she was owed for medicals and lost income for her daughter providing care. McD's offered $800. It was discovered McD's was intentionally keeping the coffee dangerously hot (180-190F) because their studies showed most customers drank it after they got to their office/wherever and they wanted it to still be hot then. The woman initially only wanted $20K to cover her hospital bills. She and her lawyer tried multiple times to get them to settle at reasonable amounts. They refused.

The jury awarded her $160K in compensatory damages for her medicals, loss of quality of life, and her daughter's income who had been providing care. The jury then stacked $2.7M on as punitive damages. Her daughter said much of the money went to pay for medical bills and a full time live-in nurse until her death 10 years later and that she had very poor quality of life from both the injuries and the toll of the trial.

I wouldn't recommend that as a get rich tactic.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, E4 No More said:

As a former police officer, I NEVER worried about losing my job, or even a suspension - from having a negligent discharge. Y'all seem to think that cops are highly trained with weapons. That is far from the truth. Most cops ONLY shoot during qualifications. Does that standard suck? Yes, but it's a reality.

I simply wouldn’t want a job where I felt the need to lie to keep it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, monkeylizard said:

With respect, you don't know what you're talking about. That elderly woman was severely injured, spent 8 days in the hospital, needed skin grafts, and never once asked for a dime more than she was owed for medicals and lost income for her daughter providing care. McD's offered $800. It was discovered McD's was intentionally keeping the coffee dangerously hot (180-190F) because their studies showed most customers drank it after they got to their office/wherever and they wanted it to still be hot then. The woman initially only wanted $20K to cover her hospital bills. She and her lawyer tried multiple times to get them to settle at reasonable amounts. They refused.

The jury awarded her $160K in compensatory damages for her medicals, loss of quality of life, and her daughter's income who had been providing care. The jury then stacked $2.7M on as punitive damages. Her daughter said much of the money went to pay for medical bills and a full time live-in nurse until her death 10 years later and that she had very poor quality of life from both the injuries and the toll of the trial.

I wouldn't recommend that as a get rich tactic.

Just because she got a boat load of money doesn't make it right.

Coffee is supposed to be hot. The NIH says the optimum temperature for coffee is 160° to 185°, but almost every coffee snob site I've ever seen says to brew coffee at 195°. So, if McDonald's coffee was180-190° then it's just right isn't it. Regardless, if she'd bought a gun and shot herself, we wouldn't be asking if the bullet was moving too fast would we? "The coffee was too hot" doesn't sound like it could be the lynch pin that won her that ridiculous payout.

McD's is out to make money first, serve customers second, but they didn't spill that hot coffee on her and if 180-190° is was the accurate temp of her coffee then they didn't serve her coffee that's too hot either. She put the cup between her thighs and spilled it on herself. Old peoples' skin is far more fragile than young people, plus they heal slower. If that coffee was fresh, I'd expect severe burns. 

As far as trying to weasel out of paying based on this case, if she'd asked me to pay her $20K because she bought coffee from me and spilled it on herself, I wouldn't have paid her unless someone made me too.

Seems like I remember another Law suit. McDonald’s had involving a Hot pickle on a hamburger burning the roof of someone’s mouth forgot how it turned out      At my local McDonald’s your lucky to get even a lukewarm burger Cheese is not even melted there not taking any chances lol 

• Haha 1