Crimson Trace Rail Master

I need some education  from all you experts out there.  My right eye has been bad since birth and as a result, I shoot a handgun right handed but sight with my left eye.  As a result, I have always tended to shoot low and to the left.  I've tried compensating in different ways, but nothing has been consistent.  I'm thinking about trying a Crimson Trace Rail Master, but I know NOTHING about these sights and need some educating.  I'm hoping shooting to the light may overcome my difficulty.  

Anything you great folks may do to help me understand these sights I'd appreciate your knowledge.  

Thanks, all!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve been shooting the same Sig P220 for over 30 years. When crimson trace came out with a grip I put one on. I fine tuned on it for a while. To this day, if you can steady the pistol, the 45 bullet will absolutely punch out the red dot. Do they work, yes. I can shoot mine without really sighting it. Just point the laser and squeeze the trigger. 

The laser has adjustments which would allow you to point it at where you shoot, within limits.  Presuming your grouping is consistent.

Red dots do the same thing and are also better in bright light.

It’s one of things where you have to try it to see if it for you or not

Remember  that lasers usually require a holster which allows for their added bulk. To some extent red dots also do

Thanks to billmeek and JustEd for your feedback.  I've worked with the pistol correction chart and it has helped; the laser will be a test.  

I have a cataract in my right eye, and whenever it is to the point I can have surgery, the new lens will correct the eye in a way it has never been since birth.  I'll probably have to learn how to shoot a handgun all over again.

Buy a Crimson Trace model specific to your gun, then you can get holsters for it. If I recall, the Rail Master is more of a universal fit laser, so not something you would easily find a holster for. 

Another option is the Streamlight TLR8. It is a light/laser combo that is pretty common and easy to find a holster for. 

A red dot and shooting with both eyes open may be your best option, but is often an somewhat expensive and usually permanent modification. 

I am also a right hand/left eye shooter, I find that a pistol mounted red dot is easier for me to utilize vs iron sights for some reason.  I also would think you will have a hard time find holsters for the rail master or the TLR8 if this is going on a carry gun