What Are You Cooking this Weekend?

I'm going to try something interesting on the Pit Boss.  Aldi sells a delicious spiral cut ham.  While it comes fully cooked, I'm going to smoke it "low and slow."  Haven't decided if I am going to put the glaze on it after taking it off the smoker.

What are y'all cooking this weekend?

12 minutes ago, Luckyforward said:

I'm going to try something interesting on the Pit Boss.  Aldi sells a delicious spiral cut ham.  While it comes fully cooked, I'm going to smoke it "low and slow."  Haven't decided if I am going to put the glaze on it after taking it off the smoker.

I've done that and it's really good. Time on the smoker is just for how much smoke flavor you want.  I like stuff pretty smoky so I left it on there 3 or4 hours.  Add the glaze and run over it with a torch to crust it. 

I had grand ideas to smoke a roast and a turkey breast, but been busy doing other stuff.  The roast will go in the crock pot tomorrow morning. I haven't decided how I'll season it yet. 

I smoked a Boston butt for lunch today. Our house seems like the place to go for Sunday lunch. The older son and his wife came. The younger son brought his girlfriend and her little sister. We try to have plenty because you never know who’ll show up.
No idea about tomorrow. We might go for a long bike ride and stop by a restaurant.

Edited by gregintenn
1 hour ago, Luckyforward said:

My favorite BBQ place uses smoke ham to make there BBQ pork sandwiches. They slice and chop the ham because you can't really pull it.  Just a though if you already have a favorite BBQ sauce.

I think we are having steaks on the grill if the rain stays away.

19 hours ago, Luckyforward said:

Just to let you know - a slow smoked Aldi spiral cut ham was delicious.  Added the glaze at the end and put it in the oven for a few.

We've bought the Aldi hams for years now. I can't really say how long, but they've always been great. No reason to stop. Usually would get 2 at a time, but since the immediate family is pretty small these days, one is enough.

When I feel like splurging...Honey Baked Han and Turkey Breasts for me.

And for our pork loving friend SNAVBA...I'll have one of your sammiches please!

We've cut back on the bacon. So sad. Doc's orders. Gotta watch all those bad things now. But last few checkups are fair. I might celebrate with a BLT Tonight!

• Like 2