9mm....where to find???

Guest TargetShooter84

Guest TargetShooter84

I've been searching for 9mm ammo everywhere in the Knoxville area (minus the gun shops but they are ridiculously high priced there) and was wondering if anybody knew of any place that may have them in stock?

Or perhaps online retailers? I've looked in few and most are out of stock also too which pretty much puts me in SOL....

I'm just looking for 9mm to stockpile since I've cut back tremendously on target shooting since the ammo has become scarce and would like to have some ammo handy for those "just in case" situations.

Thanks.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been searching for 9mm ammo everywhere in the Knoxville area (minus the gun shops but they are ridiculously high priced there) and was wondering if anybody knew of any place that may have them in stock?

Or perhaps online retailers? I've looked in few and most are out of stock also too which pretty much puts me in SOL....

I'm just looking for 9mm to stockpile since I've cut back tremendously on target shooting since the ammo has become scarce and would like to have some ammo handy for those "just in case" situations.

Thanks.

I've ordered from georgia arms, even though it'll take 6 weeks or more.

AmmunitionToGo is only a week or so...

Cabela's also has had good bit of 9mm in stock.

Unless you find at WalMart, the days of .20/round 9mm are gone.

Heck, the only bulk .22 I've found in some time is at Dick's. $20/500 instead of $12-14 like 3 months ago.

- OS

Guest TargetShooter84

Yeah its a bit too far to drive for that....

Would like to try the knox area or surrounding areas....

Looked at Cabelas....they're on backorder...estimates 1-2 wks

Guest m&pc9

The walmart on chapman hwy. usually has some on wednesday or thursday. I talked to the guy in sporting goods he said the truck comes in on tuesday and they sell it all by friday. You may want to check with your walmart about when their truck comes in.

Guest Bluemax

WD Sporting Goods on Alcoa Hwy had plenty Thursday but sold out late yesterday. They said they may have some Mon afternoon. I'm getting ready to go to the show in Sevierville. I'll post availability and pricing this afternoon

Guest Matchguy

I've ordered "backordered" 9mm from Cabelas several times. You WILL get your ammo. The longest it ever took for me was two weeks and the last order was only backordered for a couple of days. And they don't play games like some internet retailers.....they don't take your money then send you an email three days later saying it's backordered. They're right up front all the way. It's a good outfit. Look around for somebody who got a catalog with a $20 coupon in it. I just used mine.:)

Jerry

Guest TargetShooter84

Both....self defense and range ammo....but this time, I'm just trying to stock up on those and have them handy whenever the time comes to shoot, right now I've had to cut back so much and I've not been to the range in lil over two months b/c I have trouble keeping ammo much less finding any available around here....

I'll check with Walmart around here and see. If I don't have any luck, I'll check with CCA and Frontier Firearms since I know someone that works there and if none works, Cabelas it is.

Glad to hear positive responses about Cabelas's services....I'll keep that in mind.

Check back with Wally World on Clinton Hwy. I don't delivery days but they usually have more than any of the other Wally Worlds. I did not see Randy's Guns and Knives mentioned on Broadway, check there also.

Guest Bluemax

Sevierville gun show has ammo, even 380 if you are willing to pay premium price. 380 target loads going for 35.00 to 40.00 box

Keep checking Wally World. There are 6 or 7 in the Knoxville area that carry ammo. But as soon as they open up a case, it's sold. Sometimes you get lucky.

If you're desperate, Goose Mountain has PMC for $19.99 a box (50 round)and lots of it. :rolleyes: But if you buy there you only justify their absurd prices.

I would highly recommend tactical defense solutions llc if you go the online route. . .I found they had good supplies and good prices for both range and leo grade ammo. . .I bought 9bple 50 count from there for $15.00 per box recently but I think its a little higher now

I've ordered "backordered" 9mm from Cabelas several times. You WILL get your ammo. The longest it ever took for me was two weeks and the last order was only backordered for a couple of days. And they don't play games like some internet retailers.....they don't take your money then send you an email three days later saying it's backordered. They're right up front all the way. It's a good outfit. Look around for somebody who got a catalog with a $20 coupon in it. I just used mine.:cool:

Jerry

My last Cabella order arrived last week, it took 6 weeks to fill. Same for Georgia Arms. If you're willing to buy 1k you can sometimes find it on GB, however those prices have been going up too. ;)

Guest TargetShooter84

Dumb question but for those that have ordered it from Cabelas, or online dealers - Did you have to sign for the packages when they arrived on your doorstep from UPS/Fedex?

Never ordered ammo online before but want to be aware first so I thought I'd ask.

Dumb question but for those that have ordered it from Cabelas, or online dealers - Did you have to sign for the packages when they arrived on your doorstep from UPS/Fedex?

Never ordered ammo online before but want to be aware first so I thought I'd ask.

Orders I have gotten through Cabelas, CTD, and Midway are not sent signature required through Fedex Home, even when they have ammo.

But it's up to the Fedex driver whether it is safe to leave without sig.

It's a claim thing: Fedex Ground (and Home Delivery) guys are contractors, not employees ... any claims come out of their pockets.

I live in apt complex, so they (wisely) never leave ANY package without sig.

UPS also have option to leave or not if no sig required, but they are generally a little more cavalier about it, since a missing package isn't coming out of their paycheck.

- OS

Guest Betterbuys

We still have 50rd boxes of PMC available at South Clinton Pawn Shop in Clinton. Say you saw it posted here and you can have it for $15.95 a box. Limited to the next 2 weeks or until we sell out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TargetShooter84

Reviving this thread....

Checked just about all of Wally world's around here on different occasions and no luck on 9mm rounds.

For those that ordered from Cabela's, did you get it within the estimated ship date time frame? Its looking like I'll be heading in that direction.

What about ammoman.com? Any problems with items on backorders from there?