Mount Juliet Gun Range

From their FB page:

"As of Friday May 12, 2023 we will no longer be accepting new transfers. If you already have one being sent you will be able to pickup it up.

After five years of providing Mt. Juliet a fun, affordable range we are unfortunately shutting down the Range as our lease is set to end at the end of May. Our last day of being open to the public is Wednesday May 17, 2023. Movers will arrive on Thursday and start moving everything out."
Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

I went to shoot there twice (under both owners) and it was probably the worst indoor range I've been to. Both times I left coughing and wound up with a respiratory issue because the air scrubbing was terrible.

Hate to see any small biz go out like that, but I wasn't a fan.

• Like 1

Y鈥檃ll need to man up. Sound like some Californians. I didn鈥檛 mind shooting there. Yea, it鈥檚 dark and dungeon like. It鈥檚 low key no idiots around and you get to shoot for however long you want.聽

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Rob112o said:

Y鈥檃ll need to man up. Sound like some Californians. I didn鈥檛 mind shooting there. Yea, it鈥檚 dark and dungeon like. It鈥檚 low key no idiots around and you get to shoot for however long you want.聽

Yep, it's where I went because it was quiet. It wasn't the best when it was full, but I went when it wasn't.聽

13 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

I went to shoot there twice (under both owners) and it was probably the worst indoor range I've been to. Both times I left coughing and wound up with a respiratory issue because the air scrubbing was terrible.

Hate to see any small biz go out like that, but I wasn't a fan.

I agree, I was just curious.聽

• Like 1
17 hours ago, bubbadavis said:

I drove by last weekend on another errand and noticed the signs were gone and a note on the door.聽

It might make a nice store front for a knife sharpening and range business...

A few years ago, I actually asked the owner if he wanted to let me help him by doing just this. Also, I was going to provide him with all the connections and custom knife makers that I know. He was just not interested.聽

• Wow 1
2 hours ago, Rob112o said:

Y鈥檃ll need to man up. Sound like some Californians. I didn鈥檛 mind shooting there. Yea, it鈥檚 dark and dungeon like. It鈥檚 low key no idiots around and you get to shoot for however long you wantas long as you can hold your breath.

Fixed it for ya, LOL

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Rob112o said:

I bet you don't wear sunscreen either, because it's for wussies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Rob112o said:

Or until a 45LC round destroyes the trolley system! Don't ask!

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, hipower said:

Sounds like some mighty good shootin'

IIRC, this is the range where you have to agree to pay a fine if you shoot the corrugated plastic target hanger they provide. Then they hand it to you and it's already riddled with bullet holes, LOL.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BigK said:

IIRC, this is the range where you have to agree to pay a fine if you shoot the corrugated plastic target hanger they provide. Then they hand it to you and it's already riddled with bullet holes, LOL.

They actually tried that crap with me as well, I argued until they left it alone聽

• Like 1
3 hours ago, willis68 said:

Have any of you visited the new range close to the corner of Lebanon road and Old Hickory BLVD?聽

I think it was a Japanese restaurant before聽

That would be On Target (it was Koi before). Thanks for the reminder to go check it out. I completely forgot.

However.... you're also not far from the homeless camp and hermitage hotel. Lots of walkers in that area. Definitely not the ghetto, but head on a swivel.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, hipower said:

When @BigKand i went there last, the right side of the place was shutdown because of all the shot-up support structure laying on the floor. Was that you @hipower?! 馃槃 馃槃

Jokes aside, the guy working behind the counter said that the city owned the building and one day they just showed up and told the owner that they were replacing the support beams. They tore down the old ones, put up the new ones and then left the pile, closing their first lane in the door. When the owner asked when they were hauling it off... "not our job" was the answer. How messed up is that!?

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

When @BigKand i went there last, the right side of the place was shutdown because of all the shot-up support structure laying on the floor. Was that you @hipower?! 馃槃 馃槃

Jokes aside, the guy working behind the counter said that the city owned the building and one day they just showed up and told the owner that they were replacing the support beams. They tore down the old ones, put up the new ones and then left the pile, closing their first lane in the door. When the owner asked when they were hauling it off... "not our job" was the answer. How messed up is that!?

Yeah, he was definitely too old to be hauling demolition debris up those steps

7 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

Actually, my little incident was about 2008/9. So, it's not likely.聽

12 hours ago, BigK said:

That little stunt was long after my time there. Back 08/09 IIRC, It was my first time in there. Had heard all the tales about the place and just wanted to see it.

Took my new Taurus 45SC in to try it out. Loved the pistol when I first saw it. Beautiful polished Stainless. 2" ported barrel. Gorgeous pistol. Also my first time with it and a 45 Long Colt round.

Loaded that little pocket cannon and got set. Nice gentle squeeze on the trigger. Surprised me when it went off. Just like it's supposed to.

Except for the massive explosion and echoe in that dungeon! And the recoil was tremendous! Ok..first shot. I'll do it again I think. Same result. Got the 3rd round down and I'm wanting to head home. This thing is too much!

So I'm standing there with 2 rounds left and think that I must fire them out before leaving. Number was awful! Felt like the first three had joined in and tried to kill me!

I determined I was going to finish. That last round was going downrange and into paper! I think I just stuck my arm out andtried not to jerk the trigger and make a bigger fool of myself. I failed. Didn't see a new hole in the target.

Pulled the target in and saw it was hanging a bit loose on one side. Seems I sort of went off the paper with it. I'd hit part of the trolley mechanism instead.

I called it a day and left. Never went back. I really disliked that place.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, hipower said:

That little stunt was long after my time there. Back 08/09 IIRC, It was my first time in there. Had heard all the tales about the place and just wanted to see it.

Took my new Taurus 45SC in to try it out. Loved the pistol when I first saw it. Beautiful polished Stainless. 2" ported barrel. Gorgeous pistol. Also my first time with it and a 45 Long Colt round.

Loaded that little pocket cannon and got set. Nice gentle squeeze on the trigger. Surprised me when it went off. Just like it's supposed to.

Except for the massive explosion and echoe in that dungeon! And the recoil was tremendous! Ok..first shot. I'll do it again I think. Same result. Got the 3rd round down and I'm wanting to head home. This thing is too much!

So I'm standing there with 2 rounds left and think that I must fire them out before leaving. Number was awful! Felt like the first three had joined in and tried to kill me!

I determined I was going to finish. That last round was going downrange and into paper! I think I just stuck my arm out andtried not to jerk the trigger and make a bigger fool of myself. I failed. Didn't see a new hole in the target.

Pulled the target in and saw it was hanging a bit loose on one side. Seems I sort of went off the paper with it. I'd hit part of the trolley mechanism instead.

I called it a day and left. Never went back. I really disliked that place.

All you had to say was "Taurus" 馃槃

Hey I had the same thing happen with a guys hellcat. I've shot a metric ton of 9mm and after 2-3 trigger pulls on a borrowed hellcat, i was embarrassed to say I shot it like crap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1