New girl, with a little something for "the ladies"

Guest Mrs. Hero Gear

Guest Mrs. Hero Gear

So, as you can probably guess from the name, I'm Joe's (Hero Gear, LLC) wife and . I never really shot guns until Joe took me shooting, and what can I say? I was totally into it! I started out shooting his .45 H&K, moved on to the Wilson .45. I was a little nervous about the noise, and recoil, and all the other things that scare us girls who never shot a gun and weren't really sure how we felt about them. So after Joe took me shooting, not only did I like it, but I was pretty good! I started with the handgun, but I didn't want to stop there. Joe had a kick ass AR that I saw him and his buddies having a blast with, so I felt compelled to try it. LOVED it! Didn't want to stop there.....moved on to the 308 sniper rifle. What can I say? I like the big guns, and distance shooting. I plan on getting really good at it! I'll keep you all posted on my progress! And we will see how good a teacher Joe is....lol! So far, he's not so bad!!!!! I also got my own handgun, which is really just a starter for me. Rock Island .45 which I will have to make my own, by way of a "makeover" via duracoat, and saucy grips and any other things I deem to be cute! Something feminine, but not tacky! I'll be sure to post plenty of pics! And I'm gonna be looking for girl gun accessories to add to our inventory at the store! I'll post pics on the tranformation of my gun. Stay tuned......

Kelly Lundberg

Hero Gear, LLC

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kelly!

I feel Joes' pain. Every time I get a new rifle to shoot, my wife wants to "share" it.

She has more firearms than I do..and her baby is an EAA Witness. a .45 pistol based on the cz 75. 10 round magazine, double action. She also likes shooting long range and before long, I'm going to build her an sa58. that too is .308, with Mark@seas' help.

Glad to see you posting...and Joe, these girls do NOT need to meet...I don't think we would survive it.

:confused:

Guest Phantom6

Greetings Mrs. Hero Gear,

Welcome to the group. Noticed you carry an edged weapon as well. Rather than the back pocket might I suggest IWB on the strong side just behind where you would carry your pistol? Very concealed and in a defensive situation you are liable to have your weak hand busy in blocking an attack when you need your blade.

Looking forward to the gun pics.

Guest Mrs. Hero Gear

Wow! you guys sure know how to make a girl feel welcome. Thanks for the advise on the knife! BTW it too, is sooo cute...it's that cool purple rainbow color! Just sold my pink kel tec, (it was too little, and just not right for me) So now I really HAVE to get to work on pimpin ma gun, girl style....if ANYONE comes across any cute pics, of Femme looking guns....could you please email them to kelly@hero-gear.com or post them. In typical girl fashion, I'm having a hard time making up my mind on what to do! Oh yeah....Hi Donnie, Hey Brent! And thanks for the warm welcome!

Kelly

see, the reason I said she shouldn't meet MY wife is that Joe and Kelly own Hero gear...I don't. I couldn't keep up with everything Julie would want!

:up:

Good point Tower. I'm bad enough and we do still have to feed the kids...hmmm. Nice Sig line by the way:D

Guest Julez

Hi Kelly!! ;)

Nice to meet ya! I'm Elliott's (aka Towerclimber's) wife. I also have recently became interested in shooting long range. It all began when Elliott was shooting his 8mm Yugo Mauser and asked me to come over and give it a try. He so regrets that decision! :doh:Every time he lets me "try-out" a new gun, he ends up "sharing" it with me. Which basically means I shoot and he gets to reload. :up: LOL I've been sampling various semi-auto rifles to see which one I prefer. So far I've shot the M1A, Mauser, AR-15, and FAL/SA58. Out of those, I **REALLY** like the FAL/SA58. So much so, that my wonderful husband is putting plans in the works to build me my very own. So if you come across any really cool accessories, please let me know!! I can't wait to have a nice tricked out rifle that's ALL mine! :) LOL