Leaving for gatlinburg wed....where are the must go places?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be in gatlinburg from wed. to sun. of this week. What are the must see places? What about good places to eat?

Do the aquarium. Everything else is tourist crap except for the scenery. Cade's cove is OK.

+1 on the Pancake Pantry. If you like hamburgers try Puckers (Kids during the day only).

The Family and I went over a week ago and had a great time. Drove to Cherokee

and was a nice trip. Was not very busy over there so you could write yor own ticket on lodging.

The aquarium is a worthwhile stop!

I was going to suggest Cherokee Grill for food, but it's the same yutz that owns Calhouns, so he'll get no more of MY money nor referrals.

As Garufa suggested, the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail is a must. Haven't been in about 6-7 years, but this was always something the wife especially enjoyed.

Guest Bluemax

I wish I could tell you to go to Christas Gardens but it fell victim to developers last year. If I were spending a few days in Gatlinburg. I would have a nice dinner at ' The Peddler" go to Cades Cove, shoot a trophy bear ( just kidding ) Take a drive up 321 check out Carver's Apple Farm ( Nice Place Awesome chiken and dressin ) and the Front Porch, Best Mexican food in Cocke County, as described by National Geographic; nope not kidding this time... Plenty of Mtns to take up your time

Edited by Bluemax

Cades Cove, get out at each homeplace, Roaring Fork, Ober Gatlinburg, ride up through Greenbrier, Dollywood, all kinds of places in the area.

DaG

Hit the 'Ye Olde Steak House' on Chapman Hwy between Knoxville and Sevierville for dinner (open at 4pm) - you won't regret it - best steaks in East Tn.

Oh yeah, if your in the Knoxville area this is a must. (Get the steak :cool:)

Guest Michael

Another place you might consider for a nice meal is in Pigeon Forge, and is called, oddly enough, Bullfish Grill. Excellent appetizers, and a surprisingly good, inexpensive steak entree.

Michael

Guest Bluemax
Smokey Mtn Knife Works in Sevierville

+ 1000 Smokey Mtn Knife Works

also as you start home, just before you get to the Interstate; Swaggarty's Sausage is on your right. They have the best fresh meats in the area. Believe me, take a small cooler and if nothing else, get some tenderloin. Some of their fresh tenderloin and a can of Hungry Jack Biscuits is as good as it gets. If you really want to get crazy make some homeade gravy. I was fortunate that my Dad liked to cook and one of the things he taught me to make was homeade gravy and Dad made it so thick, when you were done, you could stick a spoon in it and it would stand straight up. I know this isn't a cooking forum but if you want to try your hand at it let me know

j. floyd golf & guns...they sell guns, hehe, hehe. there's a really cool place downtown called "McDonald's" for all us who are budget conscience!!! The pancake pantry, is that the log cabin place up on the hill from the convention center??? the peddler - top notch....

+ 1 to The Peddler recommendations. The bread and salad bar are top shelf.

Ask for a table overlooking the creek.....very romantic my wife tells me. ;)

Go to downtown Gatlinburg ("the Strip"), find a seat on a bench, and just people watch. :D

+1 for Floyd's best deal in the Smokeys.:D:rock:

A Great place to eat that does not cost a arm and leg is Mels Dinner in Pigon Forge. You can also stop by Bass Pro Shops and maybe-just maybe you might find some ammo.