A Big Thanks to Joe and Daniel!!

I have been looking for a specific handgun for a few weeks now and I've been to all the local shops. Hitting some of these shops has reminded me why I do business with Hero Gear and Guns and Leather. When I asked Joe about it he immediately checked with his distributors. When I pm'd Daniel he got back to me withing 48 hours. Unfortunately neither could locate one for me.

So I decided to check the 3 gunshops in Rutherford County I'm closest to, to see if I could special order one.

Store 1 was probably most interesting. I was talking to a clerk when someone came up and interupted us. The gentleman the clerk waited on before me wanted to let him know that he was leaving without the gun he was trying to buy, because no one would check him out. The clerk's response... "ok". No attempt whatsoever to stop the guy and resolve the issue, just "ok". Then when I asked another clerk about finding my gun, he said yeah he could probably look that up, or make some calls or something. I said that would be great and then he did... nothing. Just a blank stare. After a moment I asked could he help me with that or should I just check gunbroker. More blank stare. Wife and I just walked away. :cool:

Store 2 told me it was probably on backorder, without actually checking. Wife told me to leave my name and number so they could call me when they came in. Clerk said that we could leave the info, but that they would probably forget to call me. I actually had to laugh on the way out the door.

Store 3, well they didn't even acknowledge my existence on this Earth. Repeatedly walked right in front of me without a word, except for a "Thanks for stopping by!" when I left. I'm too fat to be invisible! :P

So I guess I'll keep my business with Joe and Daniel. I guess someone still remembers what customer service means.

buk

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey was looking for a pink Hi-Point 10mm :tinfoil:

This from a guy with a gold tiger-stripe Desert Eagle!

I'm looking for a Para-Ordnance P-14 in blue. They seem to be as rare as hen's teeth. I'm being told by a guy on gunbroker that they don't make it anymore, but it's still on their website and in their catalog, so I'm not so sure about that. The hunt will continue.

It's just sad that no one cares enough to give customer service anymore. Store one won't last a year at the rate they're going, and I swore 10 years ago I'd never step foot in store 2 again after they tried to screw me after I'd bought a dozen guns from them over the years. And no, none were in Tullahoma.

buk

Guest JHatmaker

Store 1 was probably most interesting. I was talking to a clerk when someone came up and interupted us. The gentleman the clerk waited on before me wanted to let him know that he was leaving without the gun he was trying to buy, because no one would check him out. The clerk's response... "ok". No attempt whatsoever to stop the guy and resolve the issue, just "ok". Then when I asked another clerk about finding my gun, he said yeah he could probably look that up, or make some calls or something. I said that would be great and then he did... nothing. Just a blank stare. After a moment I asked could he help me with that or should I just check gunbroker. More blank stare. Wife and I just walked away.

I bet I know exactly the store and person, I had a similar experience with someone at a store in the Boro, don't think there was anything upstairs, he kinda just stared at me too....

Guest mark_justmark

Store 1 exact same experience I had at a Gun Store/Range in M'boro.

Store 2 exact same experience I had at a small place with the initials S-A in La Vergne

Store 3 exact same experience I had at a big store with the initials W-M in M'boro.

Store 1 was probably most interesting. I was talking to a clerk when someone came up and interupted us. The gentleman the clerk waited on before me wanted to let him know that he was leaving without the gun he was trying to buy, because no one would check him out. The clerk's response... "ok". No attempt whatsoever to stop the guy and resolve the issue, just "ok". Then when I asked another clerk about finding my gun, he said yeah he could probably look that up, or make some calls or something. I said that would be great and then he did... nothing. Just a blank stare. After a moment I asked could he help me with that or should I just check gunbroker. More blank stare. Wife and I just walked away. :rolleyes:

Store 2 told me it was probably on backorder, without actually checking. Wife told me to leave my name and number so they could call me when they came in. Clerk said that we could leave the info, but that they would probably forget to call me. I actually had to laugh on the way out the door.

Store 3, well they didn't even acknowledge my existence on this Earth. Repeatedly walked right in front of me without a word, except for a "Thanks for stopping by!" when I left. I'm too fat to be invisible! :)

Store 1 exact same experience I had at a Gun Store/Range in M'boro.

Store 2 exact same experience I had at a small place with the initials S-A in La Vergne

Store 3 exact same experience I had at a big store with the initials W-M in M'boro.

Well you've got one out of three, pretty good. Sad that everyone's experience seems to be the same.

buk

Why are stores like this in busness and how do they stay in busness ?

With the demand on the rise,the good dealer will expand and drive out the less willing to help dealers.

Why would anyone get in to the gun busness and not live guns and shooting?Just my 2 cents worth

keep on shooting

Guest mark_justmark

If one matched yours that is sad, but if I had those experiences at other places besides yours that is even worse.

Well you've got one out of three, pretty good. Sad that everyone's experience seems to be the same.

buk

Edited by mark_justmark