WalMart Ammo Woes

I've been trying to buy some .22 ammo for the last couple of weeks at WalMart. It seems every time I call, they are out. Started calling all the WM in the area to check with them too. What I found out, really ticks me off and should you too.

It seems that these sporting goods managers are calling a few of their friends the minute a new shipment arrives. Within an hour, they are sold out again when their buddies come down and buy it all. To me that is not right. They should stock the shelves, and sell it, first come, first served. For them to tip off their friends, doesn't seem right to me.

Am I wrong????

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jcochran88
I've been trying to buy some .22 ammo for the last couple of weeks at WalMart. It seems every time I call, they are out. Started calling all the WM in the area to check with them too. What I found out, really ticks me off and should you too.

It seems that these sporting goods managers are calling a few of their friends the minute a new shipment arrives. Within an hour, they are sold out again when their buddies come down and buy it all. To me that is not right. They should stock the shelves, and sell it, first come, first served. For them to tip off their friends, doesn't seem right to me.

Am I wrong????

In Dickson .22 ammo is all that they have, even checked in Clarksville its the same way.

Ummm, so if YOU were the clerk's friend, and he called YOU, would you still fuss about the matter?

- OS

No, not everyone would do that.

In recent weeks/months, I have seen ammo (that I could stockpile or resell) at several Wal-Mart and Academy stores, but instead of hoarding it all for myself, I have passed on that information to the fine members of TGO.

Only 1 time did I buy all 9mm (9 boxes) that I was able to find at Wal-Mart, but I sure as hell didn't buy it to resell at a higher price. No, it's not illegal, but it sure is scumbagish, IMHO.

Oh ammo in general, I have seen some of that on here.

I will admit, that when Walmart does have ammo I wish to purchase I do not clean them out. I purposely leave some for someone else. Unless what I am buying is the last lonely box, then I get it.

I guess I have a hard time understanding why .22 ammo is also in this hard to come by status,9 MM,.38 SPCL,.45 ACP,.40 S&W,all these I understand.:rolleyes:

Because people are banking on the future. Even the most restrictive countries that allow any type of gun ownership let their people have .22's.

In the ammunition buying frenzy that's been going on that little champ is not being overlooked.

Am I wrong????

Our Wal-Mart has plenty (just got 1500 rounds) let me know if you need some I will be in Jamestown, Tn. May 10-16,(you'll have to drive to me) no mark up...$1.47 per 50 plus ammo fee...:rolleyes:

Guest MisterJimmy

I've visited both the Nolensville WM and the Charlotte Ave WM on two separtate occasions each, in the last two weeks and they've had some rifle ammo, including .22, and plenty of shotgun ammo, but I saw only a handful of pistol ammo - one box of .25; one box of .357; I think I a saw a box of .380. But it's no better on-line, at least not for 9mm. Even ammo to go showed nothing in hp as of this afternoon for 9mm.

Guest TargetShooter84

Thats the same situation I am with 9mm....WM don't have them anymore at least everytime I go there looking for them.

Its off to the beaten paths to find the 9mm!