Yet another Holster question

Guest putmanphoto

Guest putmanphoto

Sorry - I have read every thread on holsters... and I can not find anything relating to me... so I have to ask.

My CG is S&W M&P40 - I know larger than normal for a daily carry, but I love it....

I currently carry using a belt holster. I am fortunate that the company that I work for allows me to wear jeans daily. So it is not an issue, I can also OC in the office so that too is not an issue. When in public, I wear a jacket or suit coat..

But there are days that I need to "dress" up, whether it is a skirt or dress pants, and my current holster will not work.

I have looked at a Itac MP1 paddle - and I was wondering does anyone have one, and how are they with dress/causal pants? :D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest putmanphoto
I fail to see how a paddle holster offers any better concealment than a belt holster?

I mean, they are both OWB, one just clips ON belt and the the paddle slips OVER belt.

??

- OS

I am not worried about concealment - I am more worried about wearing slacks/dress pants that does not have belt loops - something that I would slip onto my pants...

Guest eyebedam
Thank you for this link - His work is beautiful....

He def knows his craft. His turnaround time is pretty quick also. I have a com 3 holster from him & it's by far the nicest holster I've ever owned.

I am not worried about concealment - I am more worried about wearing slacks/dress pants that does not have belt loops - something that I would slip onto my pants...

Ah...

Then I guess paddle would work for that.

If your pants stay up with weight of gun without belt!

- OS

I tried a paddle holster with a fairly small & lightweight gun (15 oz. snubbie) with slacks.....it just didn't work. It wouldn't stay in place properly when bending and moving around....and it still wanted to pull the slacks down a bit.

I'd consider a belly band for times when you have to dress up. They are super comfy, you can wear the gun in any position you want, and everything stays nice and secure. The heavier the gun you have, the wider you want the band to be. The wider bands will hold up more weight without sagging down. They can be found in 4, 5, and 6" widths.