Are there any features that you'd like to see?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some form of easily search-able database that we can enter the information (and pictures of the signs) on places that are off limits for carrying, and where we could put the important information on gun shops and ranges and what not in Tennessee(hours, how much they charge for a transfer, phone number, location, etc).

• Administrator
Some form of easily search-able database that we can enter the information (and pictures of the signs) on places that are off limits for carrying

We're working on this one. It's proven to be more difficult than I anticipated to find programming talent to handle the job.

and where we could put the important information on gun shops and ranges and what not in Tennessee(hours, how much they charge for a transfer, phone number, location, etc).

http://www.tngunowners.com/reviews/index.php

That is already in place. :D

I meant the range & gun shop info could go in a second sub-database. It's true enough that the review system can easily handle this, but not in the manner I was thinking of. The database query could be based off of postal code or what have you, and then pull up all ranges or shops within a certain distance with a short blurb giving name, address, phone #, hours, and anything else that would be pertinent.

• Administrator

Yes, a separate database for ranges is something that I originally intended to offer. It would be fairly identical in form and function to the posted locations database.

I've spoken with the friend who was originally going to do this for us and he said he is going to try to get to it this weekend. I can only hope.

• 4 weeks later...

maybe a section of the site for traveling with firearms. like what states honor the TN HCP or states that offer out of state permits. and specicif laws some states have about gun kept in a car while traveling threw them. not really a forum but maybe an imagemap or something and you click on the state in question and it tells you that states info

Guest Hyaloid

As mentioned in another thread...

Perhaps a thread/forum/sticky where we can post links to videos pictures, or articles... a "Media" thread.

Also, I would love to see a similar posting of all of the relevant state laws in regards to carrying a firearm, along with important court decisions, AG opinions etc.

• Administrator

All good suggestions, folks. Please do not think that they are going unheard even if they aren't acted upon immediately. I do actually keep a page of notes for this sort of thing on my computer and will try to address them all.

Things are just a little hectic for me right now so it's going to take a bit before I can work through all of the ideas and implement the ones that are possible. :rofl: