Are there any features that you'd like to see?

• Administrator
Oh Im full of them. Because I visit so many forums. Always getting new ideas.

And I wanna hear em! :rock:

There's actually a fairly big "behind the scenes" project about to happen here that has got me tied up at the moment, but once that's past us, I'll start working on some of these other features again.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing, can you add a button to go to the top of the page at each post? Just a little nicety that I miss here.

Wow, never noticed that button, I like it.

Seems like the suggestions have been spot on. One thing weird I noticed was that there is a minimum of 10 characters in order to post. I have never seen that. Is that just the software or do you get to select what you want. I tried to tell someone that I agee by just typing " agreed" and it would let me post it, I had to put 4 .... in order to post...Not a big deal really.:rock:

Another thing Similiar to the "trader Rating" is a "member rating" This is a double edge sword type thing because it can become a popularity contest, but the real reason is that it tells new members or lurkers that this person has a reputation of knowing what the heck they are talking about.

I've seen it on other sites and it worked well, but I have also seen it get ugly and you have a person ask why they don't have a high rep and then they get bombarded with bad ratings.... That might not be a good idea.

I thought we were just going to use the rating for people selling or trading things to each other. If it's going to be a most popular member thing, like at PDO, it will be bad for the board.

We named some of our members RKIs (Really Knowledgeable Individuals) on that other board I inhabit. I am one, and frankly that board does have quite a few actual experts, as opposed to boards with people who think they are experts. But I've always felt uneasy about the RKI idea. If you are a RKI people know it without having a special tag on your posts. And the people who don't get that "award" might justifiably feel slighted.

It's not hard to separate the knowledgeable people from the blowhards. You don't need a scorecard of other's opinions to do it..

I thought we were just going to use the rating for people selling or trading things to each other. If it's going to be a most popular member thing, like at PDO, it will be bad for the board.

We named some of our members RKIs (Really Knowledgeable Individuals) on that other board I inhabit. I am one, and frankly that board does have quite a few actual experts, as opposed to boards with people who think they are experts. But I've always felt uneasy about the RKI idea. If you are a RKI people know it without having a special tag on your posts. And the people who don't get that "award" might justifiably feel slighted.

It's not hard to separate the knowledgeable people from the blowhards. You don't need a scorecard of other's opinions to do it..

Agreed, the more I wrote that, the more I was thinking that and with your post you validated what I thinking. In a perfect world it would work.

Guest salb3039

I like the idea of the carry database. I was posting it myself until I decided to read this thread.

"Since we are all from Tennessee and I guessing we have a few people from the same city, I think it would be nice to have a list of businesses in each persons city that had no gun carry signs (that were legitimate) posted."

HAHA.

Maybe a separate forum sub-category. Ask who all wants there city up, and then start a sticky with whatever cities want to be represented.

just curious.. why am i always having to sign back in?? i click remember me, but it doesn't seem to last very long.

That doesn't happen to me.

It sounds like you have a settings issue with your cookies. If you are clearing them out or have them set to clear out the cookies from time to time, that is probably what is doing it.

I'm sure there are some folks on here that will have better suggestions.

List on here what browser you are using and that will give us a better idea of what could be the problem.

Yeah, that is normally a cookie issue. Do you have any antivirus or antispyware software running that might be deleting your cookies periodically?

Very good point, if you have your setting extremely high (very safe), it might not keep them for long. I had a virus on an old machine and I cranked up my security and it wouldn't keep any settings.

Guest GlocKingTN

Tungsten, is there something different about the site? I have noticed a few different looks. Or is it just me? Seems like my ID is in Bold. If its what I think it is, the persons ID is only bold to them when they are signed in. No one else sees it as bold. Right? Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Yeah, that is normally a cookie issue. Do you have any antivirus or antispyware software running that might be deleting your cookies periodically?

i've got a mac, running safari and never have to sign back on to xdtalk, even after restart or anyother program requiring sign in. it's not a cookie issue that i'm aware of. no anitspyware. i clean up my cookies once a week and resign into all my programs then.

Tungsten, is there something different about the site? I have noticed a few different looks. Or is it just me? Seems like my ID is in Bold. If its what I think it is, the persons ID is only bold to them when they are signed in. No one else sees it as bold. Right? Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

no eye tricks! you're in bold alright:cool:

Guest Archimedes

How 'bout a humor section for funny pics, stories, vids, links, etc?

Or a mutlmedia section for funny/interesting stuff.

We all <3 to laugh, don't we?

Top ten reasons why men prefer handguns to women.

#10 - YOU CAN TRADE AN OLD 44 FOR A NEW 22.

#9 - YOU CAN KEEP ONE HANDGUN AT HOME, AND HAVE ANOTHER FOR WHEN YOU'RE ON THE ROAD.

#8 - IF YOU ADMIRE A FRIEND'S HANDGUN, AND TELL HIM SO, HE WILL PROBABLY LET YOU TRY IT OUT A FEW TIMES.

#7 - YOUR PRIMARY HANDGUN DOESN'T MIND IF YOU KEEP ANOTHER HANDGUN FOR A BACK UP.

#6 - YOUR HANDGUN WILL STAY WITH YOU EVEN IF YOU RUN OUT OF AMMO.

#5 - A HANDGUN DOESN'T TAKE UP A LOT OF CLOSET SPACE.

#4 - HANDGUNS FUNCTION NORMALLY EVERY DAY OF THE MONTH.

#3 - A HANDGUN DOESN'T ASK, "DO THESE NEW GRIPS MAKE ME LOOK FAT?

#2 - A HANDGUN DOESN'T MIND IF YOU GO TO SLEEP AFTER YOU USE IT.

And, the number one reason a handgun is favored over a woman...

#1 - YOU CAN BUY A SILENCER FOR A HANDGUN !!!

I've already started taking pictures of banning business and their signs prohibiting carry. I know that's a bigger project than some of the other stuff, but I'm looking forward to having a place to post this stuff, and a place I can write to businesses with a URL showing their anti-gun actions are being noticed.

Not pushing...just nudging. :D