Are there any features that you'd like to see?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salb3039
I've already started taking pictures of banning business and their signs prohibiting carry. I know that's a bigger project than some of the other stuff, but I'm looking forward to having a place to post this stuff, and a place I can write to businesses with a URL showing their anti-gun actions are being noticed.

Not pushing...just nudging. :D

Where in the Tri-Cities are you taking those? I need to try to work on Johnson City myself.

*assisting in the nudge*

Guest salb3039

Yeah, Mahoneys' sign definitely shocked me, despite the fact it isn't legal. I'll keep my eyes open and try to remember to carry a camera. If not, I can always go back.

Are you just doing places that have the actual "legal" banning of firearms or just places that say no guns and generally are anti-gun?

• Administrator
A political section (legislation) would be useful.

A shotgun forum would be nice as well.

Great job guys!

I'm probably going to add a political / legislative section today. As for the shotgun forum, I'll probably hold on that and ask folks to use the Rifles forum until there is enough traffic to warrant it. :D

Guest Archimedes

What about a marketplace section?

A section that lists local/online retailers of weapons, ammo, or accessories.

It would be great if the community here could somehow rate the retailers on selection, service, and overall satisfaction as well.

~Archi

When I first discovered this site I was hoping that one day there would be a section devoted to links to current Tn laws pertaining to all firearms issues. For me, searching through Tn codes is a very time consuming task and I often give up before I find what I need. Starting a thread with a "sticky" on Tn gun laws would be a great place to refer people with questions on what's legal and what's not.

As has been mentioned by Marswolf, pending legislation would also be a great additiion with bill numbers so we could call our reps and keep track of the bills progress or demise.

Except for a little stuff in the Wildlife Management area, Tennessee gun code is pretty concise. It's all contained in Tennessee Code/Title 39 Criminal Offenses/Chapter 17 Offenses Against Public Health, Safety and Welfare/Part 13 -Weapons

I keep a copy of the code on my computer that I copied from the TCA website at http://www.packing.org/leave/?redir=http%3A%2F%2F198.187.128.12%2Ftennessee%2Flpext.dll%3Ff%3Dtemplates%26fn%3Dfs-main.htm%262.0

You just check the proper section in the left pane of LexisNexis, then click download in the right pane and follow the instructions. You can then save the page in IE or Firefox. Makes a handy reference. But it would be handy to have it here too.

I think the forum with pending legislation is a very important feature for us. Unlike the banning database, it should be easy to institute.

Guest Archimedes

Don't worry about it.

I'm sure Tungsten will do a great job of moderating the boards.

As the forum grows, it would be nice to have several mods active.

I'll take this opportunity to volunteer to help moderate if the need arises.

~Archi