Are you a "right wing radical"?

Guest TN_3

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/14/federal-agency-warns-of-radicals-on-right/

The Department of Homeland Security is warning law enforcement officials about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity," saying the economic recession, the election of America's first black president and the return of a few disgruntled war veterans could swell the ranks of white-power militias.

A footnote attached to the report by the Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines "rightwing extremism in the United States" as including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority.

"It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single-issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," the warning says.

The White House has distanced itself from the analysis. When asked for comment on its contents, White House spokesman Nick Shapiro said, "The President is focused not on politics but rather taking the steps necessary to protect all Americans from the threat of violence and terrorism regardless of its origins. He also believes those who serve represent the best of this country, and he will continue to ensure that our veterans receive the respect and benefits they have earned."

The nine-page document was sent to police and sheriff's departments across the United States on April 7 under the headline, "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment."

It says the federal government "will be working with its state and local partners over the next several months" to gather information on "rightwing extremist activity in the United States."

The joint federal-state activities will have "a particular emphasis" on the causes of "rightwing extremist radicalization."

Homeland Security spokeswoman Sara Kuban said the report is one in an ongoing series of assessments by the department to "facilitate a greater understanding of the phenomenon of violent radicalization in the U.S."

The report, which was first disclosed to the public by nationally syndicated radio host Roger Hedgecock, makes clear that the Homeland Security Department does not have "specific information that domestic rightwing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence."It warns that fringe organizations are gaining recruits, but it provides no numbers.

The report says extremist groups have used President Obama as a recruiting tool.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU

Fear, fear, fear, hate, hate, hate. I guess its time for Homeland Security to start looking into more federal funding, which means you and me paying them to say bad things about you and me.

Guest Whiskers

All this is the prelude to getting support from the "sheeple" to: shut down talk radio, pass more gun laws.... i.e. national registration, and gain more government control of your life. I'm sure there is a historical parallel somewhere in history....... er... like the Revolution.... and the war of northern aggression.... geeZ.... I may be a right-wing radical! :eek:

I never considered myself a right winger at all. I have always felt like I was a middle of the roader, lol. But with conservative leanings. I guess I'm further to the right than I thought! I also haven't yet put on my tin foil hat, but I have been listening to and reading some stuff from Glen Beck recently. Despite being a showman, he has some pertinent things to say. His observations about fascism seem to be right on target. If you look at American politics, both Dem and Repub, since the turn of the century, you can see many parallels between where we seem to be heading and where others have already gone...Mussolini and Hitler both were immensely popular with there people initially...seen more as saviors than anything else. Once in power, things began to change. Is that happening here?

Some would say so...

Guest nraforlife

We have nothing to fear from the government as they are only here to help us and protect our country, All y'all's tinfoil hats are on way too tight.

Guest mustangdave
We have nothing to fear from the government as they are only here to help us and protect our country, All y'all's tinfoil hats are on way too tight.

:P...and you're in your bunker inventorying your MRE supply...right?:mad::mad::mad:

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean "they" aren't out to get you. :P ::tries to stop the twitching and adjusts the tinfoil::

Why do i have to be a right wing radical to believe in, you know, the CONSTITUTION!

You don't. But in the same way that not all muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists seem to be muslims...

you don't have to believe in the Constitution to be a right wing radical, but all Constitution believers are also right wing radicals. Hey wait! That is contradictory! (or actually complimentary) Which means a liberal must have thought of it. :P

They want to have us by the short hairs both coming and going. :mad: Whacko libs always like to have it both ways.

You Might Be A Rightwing Extremist

Comedian Jeff Foxworthy is perhaps best known for his line, “You might be a Redneck if…†Evidently, someone at the Department of Homeland Security thinks he may be the next Jeff Foxworthy. According to today’s Washington Times, DHS has just released a report warning law enforcement officials across the country about a resurgence of “rightwing extremist activity.†But DHS so broadly defines “rightwing extremism†that half of the country could be considered suspect. For example:

- You might be a rightwing extremist if you believe in the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which protects the rights of the states and the people, falling into the category of “groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority.â€

- You might be a rightwing extremist if you believe in the sanctity of human life and the rule of law, along with all the other “groups and individuals that are dedicated a single-issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.†The report even expresses concerns about Americans who demonstrate “strident pro-enforcement fervor†of our immigration laws.

- You might be a rightwing extremist if you have any disagreement with Barack Obama, because “Many rightwing extremists are antagonistic toward the new presidential administration and its perceived stance on a range of issues…â€

- And you might be susceptible to “recruitment and radicalization†by other rightwing extremists if you a returning veteran from Iraq or Afghanistan who is “disgruntled, disillusioned, or suffering from the psychological effects of war…â€

Sadly, this isn’t a joke, and it is just more evidence of the administration’s pre-9/11 mentality. If the Department of Homeland Security is serious about cracking down on organized violence, then it should look to the Left. Investigate the anarchists and communists who stormed the streets of Minneapolis-St. Paul during last year’s Republican National Convention.

What about the animal rights groups that bomb medical labs and threaten university researchers with violence? Or the homosexual activists who attacked churches after voters passed Proposition 8 to defend traditional marriage? While the Obama Administration is busy cracking down on the “vast rightwing conspiracy,†hopefully it won’t forget about the Islamofascists who want us all dead.

--------

What about Bill Ayers and the Weather Underground?????

Guest nraforlife
:P...and you're in your bunker inventorying your MRE supply...right?:up::usa::mad:

Don't need no stinkin MRE's. My neighbors have plenty of food but no guns, their liberal OBAMA zombies, AND some have real pretty wives and daughters.... :mad:

Now in all seriousness, I AM A MEMBER OF A FRINGE GROUP... I am a TAXPAYER. :mad::rant::rant:

Guest Whiskers

Well, it looks like Texas Governer Rick Perry might wind up on the DHS right wing radical list.... as he is strongly talking about "States Rights"..... I'm going to have to make sure that my dual citizenship (Tenn and Texas) is still in force!

Guest mustangdave
Don't need no stinkin MRE's. My neighbors have plenty of food but no guns, their liberal OBAMA zombies, AND some have real pretty wives and daughters.... :P

Now in all seriousness, I AM A MEMBER OF A FRINGE GROUP... I am a TAXPAYER. :mad::rant::mad:

:cool:right there with ya brother...LMAO

Guest Swamprunner

Where can I get a bumper sticker??!! Saw a great one the other day, "Honk if I'm making your mortgage payment".:P

The whole thing has the wife pretty upset. We're right wing radicals because the whole list applies to us. We just met a new family at church on Easter, and they are from New Jersey. I asked why they came to TN to live, and she said that "they have lost their minds in the Northeast". I guess. Vermont - Gay Marriage. Mass. - Gay Marriage. New York - Gay Marriage (will be proposed by the Gov on Thursday). I don't have the tin foil hat - yet. But heck, talk about hell in a handbasket.

I have a blue star and a flag in the back window of my car for my son. I'll not be surprised if I start to get dirty looks soon.

Guest SUNTZU
Where can I get a bumper sticker??!! Saw a great one the other day, "Honk if I'm making your mortgage payment".:hat:

The whole thing has the wife pretty upset. We're right wing radicals because the whole list applies to us. We just met a new family at church on Easter, and they are from New Jersey. I asked why they came to TN to live, and she said that "they have lost their minds in the Northeast". I guess. Vermont - Gay Marriage. Mass. - Gay Marriage. New York - Gay Marriage (will be proposed by the Gov on Thursday). I don't have the tin foil hat - yet. But heck, talk about hell in a handbasket.

I have a blue star and a flag in the back window of my car for my son. I'll not be surprised if I start to get dirty looks soon.

You can pick one up at the Patriot Post. I really like their newsletter.

The Patriot Shop -- Stickers, Decals & Clings