page load times

i have noticed that early evening, from about 7pm to 10 pm eastern, the load times on pages for me here in chattanooga SUCK. im talking as long as 2 minutes to get from one page to the next.

its gotta be the host. it never did this back when Tungsten hosted it where he worked. maybe the host company will fix it someday.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84

I have that issue but its not slow as yours is...just maybe 30 to 45 seconds to load a page.

Not all of us have the money to buy memberships with the hard times right now....

• Administrator

I understand that. You guys may have to keep that in mind if I ever have to shut TGO down because of the same hard times that I'm facing. Every little bit helps.

Just to be clear, the cost of a Premium Membership is less than some folks pay for a night out on the town (meal + movie) and less than two boxes of ammunition. If you're unable to do those things, then I understand where you're coming from. Someone pointed out at the top of this thread that the site used to be faster when I hosted it on a server at my place of employment. Well, the reason it used to be faster is because they laid me off at the first part of this year.

So yeah, I know what hard times look like. :hat:

Edited by TGO David
Seems to be a lot faster today. :cry:

Yes, seems to be doing much better today, compared to the recent past.

i have a neighbor who runs an unsecured router. he is 20 feet across the street from me. go free internet lol

I wish I could say the same. $130/month Comcast bill seems too expensive everytime I pay it.

• Administrator

Seriously? I don't think that I could do that in good conscience. The neighbor may be a clueless idiot for not securing their wireless router, but they are still paying the bill for the service. Connecting to it without their permission is still theft in my opinion. That's like going into their garage and "borrowing" their lawn mower while they are at work just because they forgot to close the garage door when they left.

:cry:

Seriously? I don't think that I could do that in good conscience. The neighbor may be a clueless idiot for not securing their wireless router, but they are still paying the bill for the service. Connecting to it without their permission is still theft in my opinion. That's like going into their garage and "borrowing" their lawn mower while they are at work just because they forgot to close the garage door when they left.

:shrug:

Well not really when you think about it! He isn't actually going into someones home to take their inthernet.

Its more like his neighbors leaving their doors open,and their Roomba wonders out into the street and into his home to vacuum his floors too!

Guest Policek9Trainer
Well not really when you think about it! He isn't actually going into someones home to take their inthernet.

Its more like his neighbors leaving their doors open,and their Roomba wonders out into the street and into his home to vacuum his floors too!

Ummm no, it is a violation of Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 39-14-149.

• 2 months later...