Glad I Called

Today I finally found a moment to call the TN HCP line for my application status. BTW, the clock started on March 6. What a shock when the clerk said it would be going out today. Be there in 7-10 days (or something).

Sheesh - I guess I should have called a few weeks back. Maybe I would have got the same answer, and had my permit by now. Or, had I waited any longer...would have I got the same response then? Makes you wonder if they're just waiting for you to call to lick the stamp.

Anyone else get this "snap-to" response the moment they called?

PS: if you're in process, when calling have your DL ready. And obviously I recommend calling.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, everyone here is lucky but me.

Called on Day 90. Oh, hang on sir, (click, click in background). Your permit will be issued this week and can take 7-14 days to get to you once mailed.

I told the other two guys that sent theres of on the same day to call. One clerk told one of them that she just issued the permit. I am encouraging everyone to go ahead and call. What were they going to do, let it just sit.............. worthless.

Guest conway trucker
Seems to be pretty standard. It's ever so 'coincidental' that everyone who calls just happens to get issued that very day.

I got the same response,called two weeks latter to check again and said you will be issused today allow 7 - 14 days! Still waiting.Why do they hold on to them if they are really to be issused?

When I got my permit, I went the next day and got fingerprinted. The fingerprints and background check got to Nashville before the permit application did and messed things up. I called after about 80 days and got someone to do some checking. The next day I called again and everything was fine, just a little mixup with the order of things. I guess that they want the applications there before the background checks come in to get put in the proper file. Permit was here within a week.

Got it today! Yee-Haa. Made the call on 4/14. They said it would get done that day. The expiration date on it is 4/14/2013. So they really did it that day. Like I said - it obviously pays to call.

Not sure why the mailing delay, or I wonder if they hadn't done anything at all before I called and it took until today to get all the background checks done and the thing mailed. Well, whatever.

I'm so pumped right now I can't see straight!

Guest tnmale46
Got it today! Yee-Haa. Made the call on 4/14. They said it would get done that day. The expiration date on it is 4/14/2013. So they really did it that day. Like I said - it obviously pays to call.

Not sure why the mailing delay, or I wonder if they hadn't done anything at all before I called and it took until today to get all the background checks done and the thing mailed. Well, whatever.

I'm so pumped right now I can't see straight!

wally world is open all night -- congrats enjoy
When I got my permit, I went the next day and got fingerprinted. The fingerprints and background check got to Nashville before the permit application did and messed things up. I called after about 80 days and got someone to do some checking. The next day I called again and everything was fine, just a little mixup with the order of things. I guess that they want the applications there before the background checks come in to get put in the proper file. Permit was here within a week.

I did the app and FP on the same day. Took 38 days to receive the HCP. Guv'mint moves in mysterious ways. :)

Guest Taurus1911

The CALL!! Thanks to this web site I read that everyone was waiting to call so I waited 2 weeks called and in 7 days right on my birthday it came in the mail. Great bday present from the great state of TN!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jos2f

I called after 3 months, and it was being issued that week (sound familiar?)

I would definitely encourage people new to applying to call within 3-4 weeks, I imagine you'll have it issued then.

Well I had decided to not call and just wait to see how long it would take since I have an active FL CCW permit. It has been 60 days, so I got impatient and called today. Glad I did. She told me that everything was back and that I had been approved and it was just waiting processing which she did and I was told the 7-14 story.

Guest high-octane

I sent mine in april 16th. I called today. The lady said it was still processing and to call back in a couple of weeks. It usually takes a month. I wish it would hurry.