SHOULD I TRADE KIMBER .40

krunchnik

I have a Kimber Ultra that I have been carrying around for about 2 months and I think the weight is getting to my 50 year old body,I have a Kimber Stainless Target in 40 S&W full size,I am thinking about trading this Kimber for a lighter weight semi-auto in a .40,the Kimber is in really good shape and they dont even make this model in 40 anymore,its the 1st run Kimber,not the series 2.Anyone have any suggestions,My ultra runs at 28OZ empty,I would like a quality piece and also drop about 10OZ off the weight.:x:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker
I have a Kimber Ultra that I have been carrying around for about 2 months and I think the weight is getting to my 50 year old body,I have a Kimber Stainless Target in 40 S&W full size,I am thinking about trading this Kimber for a lighter weight semi-auto in a .40,the Kimber is in really good shape and they dont even make this model in 40 anymore,its the 1st run Kimber,not the series 2.Anyone have any suggestions,My ultra runs at 28OZ empty,I would like a quality piece and also drop about 10OZ off the weight.:x:

That's an awesome gun, I have an Ultra as well, in .45. 28oz isn't that heavy as far as a carry gun, but to each his own, if you think it's heavy that's all that matters.

If you want a quality gun to carry in a decent caliber, I'd suggest a Rohrbaugh R9 (9mm). It'll fit in your pocket and weighs 12.8oz unloaded.

The downside, they run $1000+

That's an awesome gun, I have an Ultra as well, in .45. 28oz isn't that heavy as far as a carry gun, but to each his own, if you think it's heavy that's all that matters.

If you want a quality gun to carry in a decent caliber, I'd suggest a Rohrbaugh R9 (9mm). It'll fit in your pocket and weighs 12.8oz unloaded.

The downside, they run $1000+

Have you any opinions on a Taurus millinium in .40

For the money I think the Taurus is not a bad choice. I once owned one. But take a look at the Glock 26 or 27. The 27 is what I carry. Also look at the Springfield XD sub-compact 9mm or .40. But for the record I'm a hugh Kimber fan.

Guest JHatmaker
Have you any opinions on a Taurus millinium in .40

Owned one, great gun. Sold it to fund another purchase but I'll eventually get another one. Easy to carry.

Is the Taurus going to weigh less than 28 oz.?

I don't think you are going to find very many 9mm's, 40's or 45's that weigh less than 2 lbs.

I have an Ultra CDP II in .45 and can't imagine any way I would want to trade it. I also have a S&W 638 in .38 spec., which makes for a really light weight pocket carry.

Good luck, and welcome to TGO.

Well I did it,I picked up a Taurus Millenium Pro in 40 S&W,now to holster it and shoot it,18.9 OZ unloaded compared to 27 OZ on my Kimber,man the mag springs are tough to get that last round in.:up: I kept my Ultra for I could not even think of getting rid of it,Love the gun you know,it makes a heck of a night gun with the meprolite sights,and would make a large hole with the 45.

Edited by krunchnik
Guest tnmale46
Is the Taurus going to weigh less than 28 oz.?

I don't think you are going to find very many 9mm's, 40's or 45's that weigh less than 2 lbs.

I have an Ultra CDP II in .45 and can't imagine any way I would want to trade it. I also have a S&W 638 in .38 spec., which makes for a really light weight pocket carry.

Good luck, and welcome to TGO.

Model: 140SSP Caliber: .40 S&W Capacity: 10+1 Barrel Length: 3.25" Action: DA/SA Finish: Matte Stainless Steel Grips: Checkered Polymer Weight: 18.7 oz Construction: Polymer/Steel Frame: Compact Front Sight: Heinie Rear Sight: Straight-8 Trigger Type: Smooth Length: 6.125" Width: 1.25" Height: 5.125" Rate of Twist: 1:16" Grooves: 6

Guest tnmale46
Well I did it,I picked up a Taurus Millenium Pro in 40 S&W,now to holster it and shoot it,18.9 OZ unloaded compared to 27 OZ on my Kimber,man the mag springs are tough to get that last round in.:up: I kept my Ultra for I could not even think of getting rid of it,Love the gun you know,it makes a heck of a night gun with the meprolite sights,and would make a large hole with the 45.

congrats

Guest bhoneycutt
man the mag springs are tough to get that last round in

Mag springs were tough on my taurus 24/7pro when i first got it after a few hundred rounds or so they seemed to loosen up some making it easier. That or i just got used to it :tough: