Latest Aquisition...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie

I hope you got one hell of a deal for all the crap this guy has put you through!

Keep in mind that they had our FFL on Friday MORNING, which gave them plenty of time to ship it that day.

Instead, they told me it would go out Monday.

Had it gone out the day they promised, we would have received the rifle on Wednesday.

Im sure you are more pissed than I am (since its your rifle) but I really think you need to let these fool have it with both barrels!

I would suggest that you not do business with these guys again.

Eddie

I hope you got one hell of a deal for all the crap this guy has put you through!

Keep in mind that they had our FFL on Friday MORNING, which gave them plenty of time to ship it that day.

Instead, they told me it would go out Monday.

Had it gone out the day they promised, we would have received the rifle on Wednesday.

Im sure you are more pissed than I am (since its your rifle) but I really think you need to let these fool have it with both barrels!

I would suggest that you not do business with these guys again.

Joe,

My only regret is that I placed that bid on impulse, instead of checking with you first about one of the Yugo (?) M44s (I later discovered) that you have in the store :drool:. I am cancelling my GunBroker account, and I called them yesterday to cancel the order... they had already shipped it unfortunatly, but their feedback will certainly reflect my dissatisfaction. This past week has been one of screw-ups and dissapointments on my part... And I'll be up there, hopefully today, to pick up this one, and talk to you about another situation which I hope to make amends to you for.

Thank you guys for your patience. :D

Joe,

My only regret is that I placed that bid on impulse, instead of checking with you first about one of the Yugo (?) M44s (I later discovered) that you have in the store :drool:. I am cancelling my GunBroker account, and I called them yesterday to cancel the order... they had already shipped it unfortunatly, but their feedback will certainly reflect my dissatisfaction. This past week has been one of screw-ups and dissapointments on my part... And I'll be up there, hopefully today, to pick up this one, and talk to you about another situation which I hope to make amends to you for.

Thank you guys for your patience. :D

Yeah man. No worries.

I just hate it that these guys have dropped the ball in such a big way.

Hopefully it will show up today, and you can take it out and shoot the piss out of it this weekend. :P

Took it out to Terry Walden's range yesterday afternoon, with about 80rd, and spent about 2hrs getting used to it. It's a very easy rifle to shoot, aside from the sticky bolt, creepy trigger, and antiquated open-sights... The recoil was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting from the carbine, far more manageable than a 12ga with full-house slugs. By the end of the session, after learning its POI at 25 and 100yd, I settled in to firing at a 12"x12" steel plate on the 300yd range... and could easily ring 4 out of 5 shots off-hand, and every single time rested. I had to hold about 12" right 'Kentucky windage', since I don't have a sight-pusher, but it proved to me that it was capable of far greater accuracy than I had been lead to believe. (At worst) 3-4moa (WAG) ain't nothing to brag about, but it'll make a decent 100yd plinker on standard rifle targets. I didn't try shooting with the bayonet extended (which supposedly increases accuracy), but I will next time out... perhaps this weekend in oak Ridge, if I can make it.

But It was fun as hell! And that's what's important...

Secondary note: When I first received the gun, and checked the bore, it was very rusty... it cleaned up reasonably with some bore-scrubber, bronze brush, and about a pound of patches... but still had some blisters and pitting. After shooting the first 5rd, I checked the bore again, and it looked as shiny and polished as it must have brand new 55years ago... it looks even better now, after the rest of the shooting, and another good cleaning.

This one will go to the range with me every time.