New CZ-75 Compact

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

Just picked up one of these a little while ago after selling a couple other guns this morning. Had planned on using the cash for another purpose, but I made the mistake of going "to just look" on my way home from the sale. Anyone know if I can dry fire this without damaging the pin? I didn't see it specifically mentioned in the manual. Can't wait to get to the range tomorrow afternoon to try it out.

main036.png

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read anything bad about dry firing the 75s. I just picked up a new CZ75 PCR two weeks ago and can't wait to get to the range with it. (Pics will be forthcoming after I tell the wife I bought a new gun.):drama:

Great gun though!

Guest mikedwood

Nice! I have a P0-1 and love it.

I carried it today 1st time ever on that gun. Freaking love the gun but hard to find holsters for it or I think I would carry it more.

I had one of those last year. I bought it used and beaten up. Never had any issues with it, shot great, no failures, easy to shoot and operate. Had a buddy shoot 100rds through it, tell me he was going to Wally World for more ammo, and came back with $350 cash from the ATM. I smiled and handed him the case and rest of the mags I had and told him to wear it out. :D

You have just bought yourself a very nice gun. Possibly one of the best CZ's I've ever had the chance to play with. :P Congrats!!!

I got my 75 in Knoxville. Don't know about your neck of the woods. I THINK Bud's Guns (online) had a compact in stock when I was browsing the other night.

Here's some more eye candy! This is my fav of my handguns, I totally love my CZ 75D Compact. Not sure what the difference is but you will love it AeroEngrSoftDevMBA and it doesn't hurt to dry fire it at all but it's much more fun to go to the range and do it for real!!!! ;)

eyecandy.jpg

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA
Here's some more eye candy! This is my fav of my handguns, I totally love my CZ 75D Compact. Not sure what the difference is but you will love it AeroEngrSoftDevMBA and it doesn't hurt to dry fire it at all but it's much more fun to go to the range and do it for real!!!! :D

Nice! I took it to the range yesterday and put about 100 through it.

From the CZ-USA website, looks like the main differences between the two guns are steel vs alloy frame and manual safety vs decocking lever, plus some very minor weight and dimension differences.

CZ 75 Compact: CZ 75 Compact

CZ 75 D PCR Compact: CZ 75 D PCR Compact

Guest mn32768
Nice! I have a P0-1 and love it.

I carried it today 1st time ever on that gun. Freaking love the gun but hard to find holsters for it or I think I would carry it more.

I bought a CZ-85B (the same as CZ-75 but with ambidextrous controls) recently and it's a keeper, love to take it to the range, but I wouldn't carry it... With a full 16 round clip it weighs like a cinderblock. You can buy a $6 Crossman Airsoft holster from Walmart, it's a perfect fit for a full size CZ ;)

I bought a CZ-85B (the same as CZ-75 but with ambidextrous controls) recently and it's a keeper, love to take it to the range, but I wouldn't carry it... With a full 16 round clip it weighs like a cinderblock. You can buy a $6 Crossman Airsoft holster from Walmart, it's a perfect fit for a full size CZ ;)

Snugged up tight in IWB I barely notice my 75 anymore. The weight isn't an issue with a proper holster. Each his own though!

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA
Snugged up tight in IWB I barely notice my 75 anymore. The weight isn't an issue with a proper holster. Each his own though!

Yeah I haven't decided if I'll carry it or not. Currently I carry an XD9SC in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB and I'm very happy.

The extra four rounds in the magazine would be nice, but it would be at the expense of extra size and weight. And unfortunately, I got more of my mom's DNA than my dad's so the smaller the better.