Government to disarm America

Guest smithandwesson

Holy Crap!!!!

All I did was ask if ANYBODY had "HEARD" anything about this. I am amazed at how far this thread actually went and also disgusted at how rude some people are just for asking a question.:up: This thread was intended to start a discussion which is what I thought forums were for, not a flaming on fellow members.

Well, if you stop and think about it for a minute...

There are an estimated 45 millions households with guns in the US today. If 90% of the people turn them in voluntarily (I dare say more folks than that would stand up against a confiscation, but let's go with it) that still leaves 4.5 million homes that have to be searched. Assuming a team of four could get to and completely search each home in an hour (which they couldn't if the guns were hidden, but again, let's go with it), that would require 18 million man-hours of searching. If you had 4,000 men searching (1000 teams) working 12 hour days, it would take 375 days to search those homes.

If they announced today that all guns had to be turned in within 30 days, then searches would start, they'd have 30 days to search every FFL's bound books/4473's and create a database of who owns guns to compare with those who turn them in. Assuming that could be compiled virtually instantly at the end of the 30 days, they would have 90 days to go door to door in order to meet the Sept deadline. This would require over 16,000 men working 12 hour days to only accomplish the searches of the KNOWN 10% that refused to turn them in. If 20% of gun owners refused to comply, double the numbers, etc.

The numbers just don't add up, there's simply no way it could happen.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justme
;)

We need a tin foil hat dude that rolls his eyes.

Its not about "mainstream" there are PLENTY of other sources that would LOVE to print this...

and even FOX news would go bananas over this... IF it happened.

then you obviously have more faith in your government and their news flunkies than I do.

then you obviously have more faith in your government and their news flunkies than I do.

Ummm

Top of my head:

CNN has Lou Dobbs and Jack Cafferty

Fox has Sean Hannity and Glen Beck

flunkies, NOT - far from it, they are a constant burr under the saddle of the present admin, I'm sure.

- OS

Guest pws_smokeyjones

wait a cotton pickin minute... you mean to tell me we have a government? and what is this stuff about an ammo shortage? I have not seen an ammo shortage. ;)

And if ya didn't vote.. YOU are part of the problem.

Nobody who has "OUR" best interest at heart ever runs for office anywhere.

An interesting conundrum, isn't it ...

I did not vote, and I am not afraid to admit it

Right there with ya, my commie flag flyin' i-friend ...

I voted for Ron Paul in the Primary, after that - who was there to vote for?

Guest smithandwesson
Well, if you stop and think about it for a minute...

There are an estimated 45 millions households with guns in the US today. If 90% of the people turn them in voluntarily (I dare say more folks than that would stand up against a confiscation, but let's go with it) that still leaves 4.5 million homes that have to be searched. Assuming a team of four could get to and completely search each home in an hour (which they couldn't if the guns were hidden, but again, let's go with it), that would require 18 million man-hours of searching. If you had 4,000 men searching (1000 teams) working 12 hour days, it would take 375 days to search those homes.

If they announced today that all guns had to be turned in within 30 days, then searches would start, they'd have 30 days to search every FFL's bound books/4473's and create a database of who owns guns to compare with those who turn them in. Assuming that could be compiled virtually instantly at the end of the 30 days, they would have 90 days to go door to door in order to meet the Sept deadline. This would require over 16,000 men working 12 hour days to only accomplish the searches of the KNOWN 10% that refused to turn them in. If 20% of gun owners refused to comply, double the numbers, etc.

The numbers just don't add up, there's simply no way it could happen.

HMMMM,

I wonder if thats the same way they thought in England and Australia?:confused:

If youve ever read or watched anything, England thought just like you think right now, guess where their guns are,

Guest smithandwesson

All of you who think you are untouchable, who think that nothing will ever happen just because "the constitution" says you have a certain right, you are exactly what will make it possible for it to happen. Right now while you sit cofortable at your little computer, some prick is fighting to take away the things you love and cherish, consider that in the past 50 years alone, so many restrictions and laws have been made on guns that none of us can keep up with them, just 35 years ago, there were .22 rimfire teams in schools and classes that taught gun safety etc...... now if you say the word "gun" neatr a school, you will be cuffed, searched and expelled, they are slowly stripping you of your right to bare arms and you dont even know it. I bet my life right now that if tommorrow, they banned firearms in the U.S., most of the people who thump their chest and say "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS" now, would cower down like dogs and march to the police station like good little sheeple, and turn it their guns just like England did. But my main point is, that this "it wont happen to me, not in America bull*****, is exactly the kind of attitude that put England and Australia in the position they are in. Unless everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, doesnt start doing something, threads like this will turn into reality. If somebody knocked on your door and told you your house was on fire, would you wait till you seen flames and smoke to do something, or would you get off your a$$ and go check on it, would make fun of them and hand them a roll of tinfoil while your house was burning around back?

HMMMM,

I wonder if thats the same way they thought in England and Australia?:confused:

If youve ever read or watched anything, England thought just like you think right now, guess where their guns are,

Neither England nor Australia had anything in their 'constitutions' protecting said freedom. Nor are their cultures as historically independent as we are.

Apples and oranges.

Will a gun-grab happen here in the future? I believe it might, but that's not the point of this thread. This thread wasn't about reminding us to remain vigilant (despite your admonishing post) but rather a hair-brained rumor you heard and decided to post here despite the fact it's physically impossible for it to happen in the time frame provided by that rumor.

Some of us speak to our elected representatives almost daily, share meals with them when they are in town, etc. To act or believe that our only involvement is a discussion board is disingenuous at best.

Guest Swamprunner
you can use match heads.... and sheet copper or aluminum..... takes a while... I've seen an article on the making of percussion caps from such items.....

There is also fulminated Mercury. Remove the old primers, and straighten them out with a machined die. insert the secret sauce, and make another die for use in an old arbor press.

The info can be found if you know where to look, and you have a rudimentary chemistry background. Time to buddy up with the guys you though were geeks in school.

A country boy can survive.

Guest smithandwesson
Neither England nor Australia had anything in their 'constitutions' protecting said freedom. Nor are their cultures as historically independent as we are.

Apples and oranges.

Will a gun-grab happen here in the future? I believe it might, but that's not the point of this thread. This thread wasn't about reminding us to remain vigilant (despite your admonishing post) but rather a hair-brained rumor you heard and decided to post here despite the fact it's physically impossible for it to happen in the time frame provided by that rumor.

Some of us speak to our elected representatives almost daily, share meals with them when they are in town, etc. To act or believe that our only involvement is a discussion board is disingenuous at best.

No its not apples and oranges, the point being made is that they thought it wouldnt or couldnt happen to them and it did. And when it did they did like they were told. And yes this post started out asking if anybody had heard about the hair brained rumor and turned into something else, I started this post not because I believed the rumor, but because I thought it would be interesting to hear everybodys thoughts on the rumor. But instead of talking about the rumor most of the people who posted in this thread were making fun of me because I even mentioned the rumor. If I had posted that we are all doomed and that I thought this was really going to happen I could understand, but all I did was ask if anyone else had HEARD it but, whatever if it makes some guys feel good inside and tough to make fun of people on the net thats fine with me, its no skin off my back, I think its funny and I think you are funny trying to use big words like "disingenuous" Did you have to look that one up?

They're coming to take me away he ha he ho to the funny farm where life is wonderful all the time.

Give it a rest all ready. We know they are coming, but by God how is anyone supposed to get a proper tin foil hat ready and build a trebuchet if we are all blathering on about such things here? Time management my good boy!

Crimson! My chariot forthwith!

They're coming to take me away he ha he ho to the funny farm where life is wonderful all the time.

Give it a rest all ready. We know they are coming, but by God how is anyone supposed to get a proper tin foil hat ready and build a trebuchet if we are all blathering on about such things here? Time management my good boy!

Crimson! My chariot forthwith!

Thanks for the reminder.... I need to get some lumber this weekend for my trebuchet. :D

Guest MisterJimmy
make fun of them and hand them a roll of tinfoil

I might make fun of them, but there is NO way they're getting my tin foil!

.... I think you are funny trying to use big words like "disingenuous" ...

Your criticism of an obviously erudite and articulate member's vocabulary is positively, well, disingenuous.

Actually, he gave you much too much credit with the word, as it implies a measure of art and wit to one described as such.

Oh "you can look up erudite now" Shoot

Guest smithandwesson
Your criticism of an obviously erudite and articulate member's vocabulary is positively, well, disingenuous.

Actually, he gave you much too much credit with the word, as it implies a measure of art and wit to one described as such.

Oh "you can look up erudite now" Shoot

Dude, your choice of words sounds..... well....... kind of dumb:rolleyes:

Its like your trying really hard to sound smart but your just missing the mark by about 7 words. Your as funny as crimson.:hiding:

trying to avoid polysyllabic words...)

Polysyllwhatit? Ain't that what them Mormons do?

you can look up erudite now"

I'd look it up but I don't know how to spell it.

and I bet you guys don't even know what a trebuchet is.