Carry Badges

Guest robert83

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mugster

So, I've never seen anyone packing around town in murfreesboro. I was in best buy tonight and I think I saw an open carry with an HCP badge. I couldn't tell if it was an actual cop or a citizen...but I'm going to go out on a limb and say hcp badge. Looks like the badge disease is spreading. I can't say if this is good or bad long term, but I think its kinda silly.

Guest Tn.Mitch
Maybe you shouldve been wearing that badge in the dollar store when they gave you such a hard time. I couldn't resist. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture.
If I had that badge on in the dollar store,those idiots whould have had a babiy....:rofl:
Guest Tn.Mitch
Had too look twice, then started laughing MAO when I noticed the butt of your pistol in the holster.

Is that the required carry method for HCP Badge owners? :rock:

I never noticed that before,looks like its about to fall out of the holster,was just fooling around to take a quick pic for the forum,that night about badges...guess I didnt get in it far enough....seems ive heard that before somewhere...lol....:rofl:

Guest Tn.Mitch
they way thay acted, they would have arrested him for impersonation.

Mitch, I have been doing this longer then anyone so please take my advice and dont wear that in public, its just going to get you into trouble.

Phillip I dont wear that silly thing,ive been in your store 5 or 6 times,no stinking badges was I wearing,bought that thing back in Earily Jan.,had some fum with my friends with it,then toissed it in the back of a desk drawer....Im a undercover man..... :rofl:

Guest Tn.Mitch
But would you wear the badge if it meant you could carry in a restaurant or park?

I for one wouldnt....makes you look like a fool.Went out too eat, in a steak house in Hendersonville,last night,had to leave the gun in car safe because they serve drinks inside,...felt naked,without my peice,but,if I had to wear a badge to keep my gun on,I would just do without.Those things are just for fooling around in someones house,I never have, or never would wear one out in public.....and thats for the record... This is how I roll. :rofl:

HPIM0635.jpg

I for one wouldnt....makes you look like a fool.Went out too eat, in a steak house in Hendersonville,last night,had to leave the gun in car safe because they serve drinks inside,...felt naked,without my peice,but,if I had to wear a badge to keep my gun on,I would just do without.Those things are just for fooling around in someones house,I never have, or never would wear one out in public.....and thats for the record... This is how I roll. :rock:

A HCP badge AND a laser on you Glock? :rofl:

:eek:

Guest VolMickey
horse.gif

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO, DITTO

Guest Policek9Trainer

Personally, I wouldn't get a badge and didn't keep mine when I retired. Only thing I kept was my police ID and I don't even carry it around. My intent is just to get the carry permit (along with the wife).

Personally, I wouldn't get a badge and didn't keep mine when I retired. Only thing I kept was my police ID and I don't even carry it around. My intent is just to get the carry permit (along with the wife).

Of course the retired LEO ID is good in the 15 states that don't honor TN HCP's at least. :D

To each is own I recon but personally I don't want to advertize that I'm carrying. I do like the open carry option in case I'm made and can't get into legal trouble. I do carry a copy of TCA 39-17-1359 in my wallet in case I get hassled at some business.

Guest Bill Lumberg

If they're not LE, not point in a badge. LE impersonation via HCP badge is bad juju. An HCP badge is a "real" hoping-to-be-mistaken-for-law enforcement-badge."

Guest db99wj
If they're not LE, not point in a badge. LE impersonation via HCP badge is bad juju. An HCP badge is a "real" hoping-to-be-mistaken-for-law enforcement-badge."

Good post.

• Administrator

Apparently one of the photos and a few comments made in this thread have gained some notoriety and are creating a bit of a stir with the purveyor of said HCP badges and permit-carrying pouches.

I received a fairly lengthy PM this afternoon from said person regarding the photo and replies. If any of you also have received PMs from this person, please forward them to me for inclusion in our response. I'm assembling a packet of information for review (and reply from) legal counsel if necessary.

Thanks. :up:

Edited by TGO David
Guest JHatmaker
Apparently one of the photos and a few comments made in this thread have gained some notoriety and are creating a bit of a stir with the purveyor of said HCP badges and permit-carrying pouches.

I received a fairly lengthy PM this afternoon from said person regarding the photo and replies. If any of you also have received PMs from this person, please forward them to me for inclusion in our response. I'm assembling a packet of information for review (and reply from) legal counsel if necessary.

Thanks. :up:

Wow...thanks for the heads up. Keep us updated ;)