I have been diagnosed.........

Guest hacksaw61

Guest hacksaw61

Well folks, it appears that I have been diagnosed with chronic BRD. AKA black rifle disease. I had signs of it early on............20 years in the military is how I got infected. Then, one day last month I went to the local gun shop for some ammo. I noticed the whole wall to the left had AR-15's hanging on it. The gunsmith handed me a DPMS A-4 carbine, and within about 5 minutes he/I /we convinced me I needed it. But that wasn't the end. Last week I went back to same said gun shop for what else, more ammo, and low and behold on that wall of AR-15's was a Bushmaster 20" A-3 calling out to me. I took it home that same day. Its a very obsessive disease, no cure or even treatment other than succumbing to its will. Did I mention that when you walk in and see the wall you hear angels sing? Its awesome. Anyway, its a disease I have to learn to live with. Its also contagious, and reaching epidemic proportions.

everyone, take care!

Hacksaw61

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and your black rifle and a good friend with an AK need to go take a fighting rifle class. By the end of it you will be so frustrated with the reliability of the AK it may cure your disease.:D

Add to that a friend with with an M1A and then you'll have someone with accuracy and reliably added to the mix. ;)

I was trained to shoot at people with AKs, PKMs,Tokarevs, etc. Its now a mental block that I will never overcome. They had to be reliable as the weapon would be used by 4 to 6 commies as it was picked up by the next conscript being put into the reserve echelons attack.

AK...bah humbug.

Now the M1A can come along anytime!

Definately agree with the M1A. I probably would throw a FAL in the mix also. If you have ever shot a Vepr, Arsenal, or Krebs Kalashnikov they can be plenty accurate for ummm.."government work". Honestly, I was a swabbie so I was trained to take the Marines there and let them shoot at the enemy.:D

Guest CrazyLincoln

And despite your diagnosis, I see no bleeding heart liberals willing to help those with the disease in their own states! Illinios, California, New York, etc. Tisk Tisk. :D:shake:

Guest mc30707

I think I'm suffering from BRD as well. I have a RRA entry tactical and like it very much, But being left handed I'm thinking of letting the wife have the RRA and getting myself a stag model 2L. Any info as to the reliability of the stags?

Guest hacksaw61

Rightwinger is correct, all you can do is feed it...............round after round after round. It has an insatiable appetite. As far as the AK, it was designed for the simplest of peasant minds, reliable, rugged, and cheap. My problem now is finding decent 5.56 ammo around here. Seems as though its being bought up as fast as it comes in. I bought the last 5 boxes of Lake City at the gun shop last Friday, and he has no idea when he will get more. Winchester white box is non existent, went to all 4 local Walmarts, none to be found. I can get Wolf and PMC, and I prefer PMC. What about ya'll? Sam problem in TN?

Guest mc30707

Walmart has the best prices I've found lately. Federal $57/200 rds

Remington $6.50 / 20 rds. All the gun stores I've been to locally are low on plinking ammo. I just bought 1400 rds of the Federal at two local walmarts.

Walmart has the best prices I've found lately. Federal $57/200 rds

Remington $6.50 / 20 rds. All the gun stores I've been to locally are low on plinking ammo. I just bought 1400 rds of the Federal at two local walmarts.

Unless you buy Wolf: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=153249

Surplus has gotten expensive... One reason I got rid of my ARs. I'll likely get another one when the price comes back down after the war (it will).

Guest hacksaw61

All 4 Walmarts in town are cleaned out. The clerk at the one down the road from me told me that its gone as soon as it arrives. I will be in Kingsport 1st week of November, if the situation isn't any better by then, maybe I can stock up there. I went by the gun shop toady and bought the last 3 boxes of Federal American Eagle, and some more PMC. Anyway, thanks for the input.

Sometimes, it infects family members from 20 feet away!!!

My wife has that disease.

One way to possibly deter this dreaded disease, is never **EVER** invite family members to "come on out and give it a try". Once they feel the raw POWER in combination with the absolute accuracy.... it's ALL OVER! They will be sure to become infected as well within the next 7-10 days. You must also remember that the risk of infection increases with each individual exposure (aka: firing) of the afore mentioned weapon. :(

I myself was bitten by the M1A1 bug which very quickly developed into the FAL/SA58 fever! :)