DOS Attack

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just late at night....

I seem to have trouble all times of the day.

What is funny....I can be having trouble getting on, but get an e-mail that someone has made a post to a thread I have subscribed to....so that person was obvisouly able to get on at a point that I couldn't.

:P

• Administrator

I think the problem that you guys are encountering is the tightened security. When a high number of connections open to our server from an IP address, the server ignores that IP address for a certain amount of time. About 10 minutes.

You guys having problems may be using ISPs with proxy servers, which open more connections to TGO at once than they really need... or are opening multiple connections to us on behalf of multiple users.

I'll lighten the restriction some to see if it helps.

Guest joeharris

I thought we were down last night, from 1 am till About 4 am i could not get on, and i tried and tried, then went to bed, said Int. expl. cannot display this page??

I think the problem that you guys are encountering is the tightened security. When a high number of connections open to our server from an IP address, the server ignores that IP address for a certain amount of time. About 10 minutes.

You guys having problems may be using ISPs with proxy servers, which open more connections to TGO at once than they really need... or are opening multiple connections to us on behalf of multiple users.

No problems so far this evening.....

Thanks!!!!

Couldn't get on at all earlier ths morning.Now the weird thing to me is I can get on from my verizon Q but haven't hardly been able get on at all the past couple days from the pc.I guess that's explained in the above post but figured id tell ya anyway :hiding:

eta: my isp is comcast. Not sure if they use tat multiple thing or not,but I also had problems night before last

Edited by strickj
Guest eyebedam
Couldn't get on at all earlier ths morning.Now the weird thing to me is I can get on from my verizon Q but haven't hardly been able get on at all the past couple days from the pc.I guess that's explained in the above post but figured id tell ya anyway :hiding:

eta: my isp is comcast. Not sure if they use tat multiple thing or not,but I also had problems night before last

Same issue here. I cant get on from my PC & server is comcast. I can get on witht he Iphone no problem at all.

Read my previous statement. We were online, your IP address block was probably blacklisted because of other people's actions.

That seems to be my problem as well. I can't connect from my office pc, but I can remote into my home machine (as I am now) and connect with no issues. Ah well.

• Administrator

I'm going to work on it later today and try to clear out the blacklist a little so that you guys having trouble logging in won't have that issue anymore. I've got a few pressing issues to deal with offline first, but I will do it.

So that is the reason I have not been able to access the site for the last two days.

Guest joeharris

After reading TGO David's post just now, i found out the reason i had not been able to log on for the last 3 hrs. This is sad!

Not sure it does me though......

Been having trouble just trying to open a single browser/tab the last little bit.

It could be due to a lot of traffic because of the post about HB0962 though...I guess.

• Administrator

The server has been under attack pretty much all evening. I've made some changes that appear to have allowed the web server itself to hold up under the brunt of it, but more changes are forthcoming.

Guest db99wj

Appears to be being attacked currently, I have been a perpetual time out for the last 30 minutes, with random online moments.

Oh, and pages are slow, very slow. My other 6 internet tabs are running fine! LOL.

Edited by db99wj
  • Administrator

Please refer to the Announcements forum for the latest news. Not everything that happens today is going to be the result of this ongoing attack. Some of the outages will be the result of work that I'm doing to shore up the server.

Guest db99wj

Saw the announcement. Man sorry you are going through this crap. Appreciate what you are doing for us in this forum though!

Guest eyebedam

I could get to the homepage yesterday but everytime I went to read a thread Internet explorer couldn't open the page. It went on for about a hour so I gave up. Any progress in finding the arse that's doing this crap?