DOS Attack

• Administrator

Guys... the constant replies about not being able to get through really don't help me much. I realize that the server has been up and down this morning because I'm the one that's been doing most of the upping and downing as it were. :screwy:

I've just finished some changes that I hope will be beneficial.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would certainly never not advocate the use of a woodchipper.

ah geeeezsh..... Just trying to have some fun. :D

You cant tell me that you never driven past one of those Asplundg tree trimming operations and thought, "wonder what I can throw into THAT thing, .....TVs, furniture, small animals, old tires, anything made of glass, frozen turkeys??? The list is endless. :hiding: Thats a tool that would make Tim "the toolman" Taylor grunt like crazy.

Guest db99wj
Maybe we can located the individual or individuals, take that $500 reward, and rent a wood chipper.....:hiding:

Or we can notify law enforcement.

Reminds me a last weeks CSI Miami....:D

Further inquiries regarding this supposed wood chipper will have to be forwarded to my attorney. :D

Wood chipper? I said wood pecker. I wasn't briefed on the use of waterboarding. What do you mean I threatened Chrysler? I didn't have any part of the sub-prime mortgage collaspe. Geez, I'm just trying to get directions to the Quickie Mart to buy a 40oz.

I don't speak attorney. I will need a translator. :dropjaw:

Guest mikedwood

I'm on Comcast and couldn't get on this morning either, just to chime in and wish you luck and skill in stopping these bastages.

I can always get on and surf the site on my Blackberry.

• Administrator

Thanks for the well wishes. I know this has been frustrating to you all as well. Thankfully the changes that I made yesterday to shore up the server appear to be holding their own despite the fact that the attacks persist.

I've got a few more changes to make today and then I'll be even more comfortable with our improved security.

• Administrator

If Verizon's proxy opens too many connections to our server's web service, our server will ignore it for a period of time. I use a Verizon aircard for my laptop when I'm on the road and I've never had that problem however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...