Ammo shortages - I mean really...

Guest SigVol

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tom@GunDepot

I don't know about the rest of you but if I had 2 380's on order I sure would try to find some ammo so when it comes in I could actually shoot it. Especially if the Dealer isn't Gouging you. 380 ammo will take a while to get built back up after all this. I don't blame CJR a bit for buying ammo for a gun he has on order and last I checked guns need ammo to go bang ! LOL

Tom

I don't know about the rest of you but if I had 2 380's on order I sure would try to find some ammo so when it comes in I could actually shoot it. Especially if the Dealer isn't Gouging you. 380 ammo will take a while to get built back up after all this. I don't blame CJR a bit for buying ammo for a gun he has on order and last I checked guns need ammo to go bang ! LOL

Tom

Why are people still buying and selling guns that there is no ammo for?

Guest putmanphoto
Picked up a case of 40. Don't have one yet. But hopefully soon.

Point in case.... I own a .40 and I can not find it.....

STOP Hording it all.....

Guest SigVol
You bunch of freakin morons. Here ya go. :):eek:

Ammo is near impossible to get because of everyone is buying every last box that is for sale anywhere. You go to ______________ ( insert bullet store here) and if they have ten boxes of 9mm you buy it. If they have a case of .380 you buy it. If they have ten boxes of Remington Golden Bullet you buy it. If you do not buy it all yourself, then the 93 other gunners who come through the bullet store right behind you buy it. Repeat this process daily. It is pretty darn simple to see why there are no bullets anywhere.

Add to the above rinse and repeat cycle you have tens of thousands of new gun owners. They are all freaked out and trying to buy ammo.

This is not rocket science, but rather supply and demand. The demand has out run the supply.

Quit buying every bullet that is not nailed down and there will be some available, just like in the old days.

You remember the old days. Go to Walmart and there was always a fair supply of 9mm, .40S&W, .45Auto, .22 LR in a bulk pack. People were happy to have a few boxes on hand. When was this? Just last summer?

Now that the evil Obama has been elected everyone freaked out and went bullet grubbing crazy. No longer was three boxes of Value Pack ammo enough. Now everyone has to have ten boxes. It goes on and on and on. Never ending cycle.

So there you have it. I bet you are all disappointed. There is no magic solution to this. Basically quit buying more than you are shooting this week and the supply will build back up again.

Just remember, the next time you find ammo. Don't buy it all. Buy two boxes like you used to. Leave some for the next guy.

( And take my opening line in this post in the tongue in cheek way it was meant, you bunch of morons :D )

Dead Nuts Mike!

Thank you!

Guest MisterJimmy
You bunch of freakin morons. Here ya go. :):stunned:

( And take my opening line in this post in the tongue in cheek way it was meant, you bunch of morons :hiding: )

Hey, morons need to be reminded sometimes else they'll never get off the short bus.

Guest Policek9Trainer

Well after the wife got her Bersa 380 (she was happy with it, I wasn't :cheers:), the hunt was on for 380 ammo. Hunted everywhere (we thought). Course all sales are final. I have never been on gunbroker.com before, but we found ammo (I'm not paying a buck a round for 380 - ain't doing it). So got enough hollow point for self defense and enough range ammo now plus 2 more mags for her and 2 more hi cap for my 9mm. Now I'm happy and will wait till Christmas to ge her more ammo. Ended up getting 350 rounds for her, so that's enough for practice, HCP and protection. Mine's on backorder but I don't mind, got enough on hand for now. (at least until July).

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up another case of .380 today

Maybe Sig will go back to work tomorrow,build oh maybe 6 guns I have on order and send them out.

HAHAHAHAHA RIGHT.

Guest FroggyOne2

Shortage.. I ain't got no shortage! But when I use up those 12,000 primers that I have.. then I have a shortage..

Saw today that all ammo produced in Mexico /Remingtom UMC,Augila and another brand made there will not be imported for at leat 90 days or more due to them making ammo for Mexican military contracts. It was on an ammo sellers website. Anybody else sen or heard this. I have noticed all Augila is about out of stock or is out of stock everywhere.