It'a all Lens fault

dunndw

Len and I went shooting Thursday to let him see the difference in a 3 inch and a 4 inch 1911. Well...no good trip to Guns and Leather is complete without a stop by the 1911 case. I had pretty much decided to trade in the Ultra Raptor on another 4 or 5 inch 1911, the 3 inchers are to "snappy" for my taste. Well...I looked at a Sig Elite 220, a Springfield Operator and a HK USP. I couldn't make up my mind; so I just left.

I went back on Thursday and had Dennis put a magwell on my CDP while I drooled some more. I ended up walking out with...none of the above:

TalonII.jpg

One of the owners friend had ordered and paid for a NICE Nighthawk Talon II with the upgraded Diamond Black finish and a bobtail...only to put her in the safe for 6 months. He traded it unfired in on a Browning over/under. with begging, pleading and trading I picked it up for 2K.

Here's a pic ofthe CDP with her new magwell...just for fun

CDP.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it...

MSRP with the bobtail and the diamond black is a bit over 3K so it was a decent deal.

I don't think I've ever spent over 900.00 on one piece before, but I closed a huge deal this week.

Don't be blaming me! ;)

I walked out without buying anything except a box of .45.

However, I'll be getting my Kimber there this week it looks like! :D

-L

heh...I had to blame SOMEONE for my weakness :-)

I think you'll like that CDP they have up there.

I passed that Talon up too many times. It was just mocking me every time I went in there.