Saw the elusive Carry Badge!!!! (well about 6)

So I went tot the gun show in Nashville today, just because it was buy my house. As I walked in the guy checking to see if your guns were loaded had one sticking out of his pocket. I did happen to notice that it did say "Concealed Handgun Permit" while he was open carrying. Immediately I though this was going to be interesting.

So I started to walk around and to see what I could find when a guy just backed in to me. It was an accident. No harm. He turned around, apologized and so did I. When he turned back around, I saw a gold thing on his belt. So I looked and again, the was the elusive badge.

I kept walking down the isles looking at the tables when low and behold, three guys were walking the opposite direction with more carry badges around their neck. They also didn't have any guns on them that I could see.

As I started looking for some .380 (which I found for $30 a box) I saw a guy walking around with his old M1 on his shoulder, a 1911 in a SOB holster, a revolver in a cross draw, another 1911 stuck in front, and a large revolver on his other side. Right there in his front belt was another carry badge, in one of those wallet style cases.

It has been quite a fun morning. I just wish they did have good prices on the guns.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TNK

I was there...didnt find anything but some over priced ammo, but I need it lol. I was the guy in the blue polo and tennessee hat. Just in case we met...lol

I saw a guy walking around with his old M1 on his shoulder, a 1911 in a SOB holster, a revolver in a cross draw, another 1911 stuck in front, and a large revolver on his other side. Right there in his front belt was another carry badge, in one of those wallet style cases.

nutkick.gif

Guest RISC777
The best one that I got to see was the range natzi at Owl Hollow When TGO David asked him which department he was with. It was pricless to see him get called out right in front of probably 10 guys from here.

That day is a day I will not forget even when Alzheimers sets in.

Badge and full auto "issues."

I love that place [Owl Hollow].

Serious on that comment, I like that range.

Could somebody tell me why anybody would wont a ccw badge (hcp badge)? What is the purpose? All somebody has to do is see it and then say you told them you were the police. They would find the badge and believe what they were told. WHY?????

Could somebody tell me why anybody would wont a ccw badge (hcp badge)? What is the purpose? All somebody has to do is see it and then say you told them you were the police. They would find the badge and believe what they were told. WHY?????

I think some where it as they OC under the idea that if someone sees the badge along with the gun they are less likely to be "shocked".

I in no way think simply wearing a HCP badge is impersonating a LEO (at least not in the legal sense) but agree that some may think that on first glance, without reading the badge.

That is the main reason I don't like them...to me it lends credence to the idea only LEOs should have guns and/or OC. If a person wants to carry and/or OC a HCP is all they need.

I can see a sheep telling someone they "thought" that someone with a HCP badge was a LEO, but not sure why they would flat out lie by saying the other person told them they were a LEO.

Guest Fenris

I have know someone who has one that he leaves in full view in his truck. His line of thinking is that if a would-be thief thinks the truck belongs to an LEO, theymight be less likely to break into it.

OTOH, if they get close enough to read the badge, they might think, "hey, gun might be in there."

I don't want one.

I have the HCP, that's authority enough should I ever decide to OC.

Oh....this is something else I've heard as well.

It will help identify you as a "good guy" to LE in active shooter situation when they get on scene and see you with a weapon.

In fact I've even heard of some LE agencies giving that very reason when they were selling some HCP badges...

Not to say I agree with any of these reasons....you just asked Why someone would wear one

Guest Tn.Mitch
So I went tot the gun show in Nashville today, just because it was buy my house. As I walked in the guy checking to see if your guns were loaded had one sticking out of his pocket. I did happen to notice that it did say "Concealed Handgun Permit" while he was open carrying. Immediately I though this was going to be interesting.

So I started to walk around and to see what I could find when a guy just backed in to me. It was an accident. No harm. He turned around, apologized and so did I. When he turned back around, I saw a gold thing on his belt. So I looked and again, the was the elusive badge.

I kept walking down the isles looking at the tables when low and behold, three guys were walking the opposite direction with more carry badges around their neck. They also didn't have any guns on them that I could see.

As I started looking for some .380 (which I found for $30 a box) I saw a guy walking around with his old M1 on his shoulder, a 1911 in a SOB holster, a revolver in a cross draw, another 1911 stuck in front, and a large revolver on his other side. Right there in his front belt was another carry badge, in one of those wallet style cases.

It has been quite a fun morning. I just wish they did have good prices on the guns.

where was the gun show???I didnt hear about one,I went to one at fair grounds in March???

Guest Policek9Trainer
I saw a guy walking around with his old M1 on his shoulder, a 1911 in a SOB holster, a revolver in a cross draw, another 1911 stuck in front, and a large revolver on his other side. Right there in his front belt was another carry badge, in one of those wallet style cases.

I think I saw that same guy at the Smyrna gun show last week :cheers::cop: