10 Day Waiting Period

Guest GatorsRule1976

Guest GatorsRule1976

Ok, to start off with, we all know there is a 10 day waiting period when purchasing a gun from a store. Here is what I am confused about...If you go to a gun show and want to purchase a gun from a dealer, all they have to do is make a phone call and you have a new gun within 5-10 minutes. Why is there a waiting period of 10 days if you purchase from a dealer's store, but only 5-10 minutes if you purchase from that dealer at a gun show? Couldn't they make that same phone call from their store?:lol:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Ok, to start off with, we all know there is a 10 day waiting period when purchasing a gun from a store. Here is what I am confused about...If you go to a gun show and want to purchase a gun from a dealer, all they have to do is make a phone call and you have a new gun within 5-10 minutes. Why is there a waiting period of 10 days if you purchase from a dealer's store, but only 5-10 minutes if you purchase from that dealer at a gun show? Couldn't they make that same phone call from their store?:lol:

TN has no mandatory waiting period. Not sure where you got 10 days from.

Where are you from? This is TN. No waiting period. That's why you pay the $10 TICS fee.

Guest GatorsRule1976

I don't really remember where I heard this, but obviously I was VERY misinformed! Thanks for the info on this guys! Feel kinda stupid now!!:lol:

Guest m&pc9
LOL....please don't take the razzing personal...I HAVE to give Gator fans hell...its in my blood!...

Same here:p

Guest GatorsRule1976
LOL....please don't take the razzing personal...I HAVE to give Gator fans hell...its in my blood!...

Nah, I don't take it personal. I like the sportsmanship of being able to talk with the Tennesseans and give them hell right back! Let me share a little story with you...

My parents are UT fans and 2 years ago when we (Gators) won the National Championship, they celebrated a little too early by decorating our Gator Emblem mailbox and house with UT :lol:. Needless to say, after our victory, my parents house and driveway was decorated in all Gator!! They actually left it up for 2 weeks because they thought is was so funny. If you can't have fun and joke with each other on sports....YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A FAN!! Just MHO. So no, no offense taken! GO GATORS!!!!!!

gators-logo-741860.jpg

Guest tcampbell

you can give this Gator fan all the hell you want...UT will never beat the Gators!;)

GO GATORS!!!

Guest GatorsRule1976
you can give this Gator fan all the hell you want...UT will never beat the Gators!;)

GO GATORS!!!

AMEN!!!! AND THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!:D;)